Daitan Group Interview Questions

3.2

Software Developer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Daitan Group.

There was a test at my university, with questions that you should select the answers and at the end you had to write a small algorithm to solve one problem. The algorithm part wasn't hard, although some people got different problems that weren't at the same level.

After that I was invited to an interview at the company's office and they talked about OOP, design patterns and things about classes at the university.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the problems that you had to write an algorithm were more difficult than the others which is unfair, because everyone gets a different problem, so some people will get easier problems.   Answer Question

Software Specialist B Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campinas, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Daitan Group in July 2013.

I had two interviews with 2 or 3 managers, and a third interview, via Skype, with 2 of the remote clients. The first interview was more of a general / personal questions type, and the second one was a more technical one. The third was very technical, and in English.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I would design the backend for a telecom service.   Answer Question
    I was offered a very low salary at first, but they were very open to negotiation and I was able to reach my desired pay.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campinas, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Daitan Group in February 2012.

The interview wasn't very professional.
    A couple of questions not related to the position, and little respect for the candidate were the worst. Besides that some questions related and that was all.
    For a whole month I waited for the interview, and after that more months for the results that were never given.

Interview Questions
    • Do you consider yourself a good professional? Because I know a lot of people like you that are not.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campinas, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Daitan Group in September 2009.

The interview was obtained through the Talento Fair at Campinas, SP. There I left name, e-mail and cellphone contacts in a list. The contact for interview happened about one month later, through e-mail, already scheduling for interview in the same week.
    The interview consisted of a written test in English with 2 long questions, one regarding programming and the other to system's probing.
    After the written test, there were 2 interviews, one with a Software Developer and the other by the Founder and Chief Recruiting Officer of the company. Both interviews were about knowing more about my capabilities, what I was learning at the university and my expectations for the job and what would I like to do inside the company.
    The whole process lasted about 4 hours, in an afternoon.

Interview Questions
    • An example of a simple game, a bit like a Ludo game, where there were I think 64 spaces which separated the initial and final "houses". The players, in turns, should throw a dice and the number on it would indicate how many spaces they should go forward. But, some of those spaces were traps, that made the peon of the player go back some spaces if landed upon.
      The propositions for the test were to identify the mistakes the programmer could do when making this program and what suggestions would we to improve the process.
        Answer Question
    • An image of a cellphone telecom system was shown, with 3 parts: the device, the central office and the database.
      The propositions were to identify 3 systems of each major part and how they would interact with themselves.
        Answer Question
    About 3 weeks after the interview, I got a phone call from the HR Manager telling me I was approved. The negotiation was pretty quick and straightforward.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Daitan Group in December 2007.

The first phone interview covered general aspects of the interviewee professional life, possibly in order to trace a preliminary professional profile for the upcoming techinical interview.
    The second phone interview was a techinical one touching many technincal aspects related to the open position which can extract from the interviewee as much information as possible about his/er technical background in the given position context.
    The third interview was more a negotiation and commitment interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you manage a project with a very tight timeframe and very low requirements information with no time for requirements gathering and specification?   View Answer
    Nothing special. I provided my expectations and the negotiation went out pretty quick not decreasing too much of my initial expectation.