Daktronics

2.5

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookings, SD

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Daktronics in November 2014.

Great Experience. I applied once online, in response to a posting on Indeed. I got a phone call about a week later, had a phone interview with HR rep, then about two weeks later had a phone interview with a panel of three, then a week later they called me in for a full-day interview, and put me up in a hotel and paid for my gas mileage for driving out to Brookings. It was a great experience, everyone treated me very well, my interviewers took me out to lunch at a cool restaurant, and their recruiter took me on a driving tour of Brookings. Still waiting on an offer for two weeks now. Hopeful.

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookings, SD

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Daktronics.

Short telephone interview with HR representative. Call back 2 days later to invite for an in-person interview with shift supervisor and HR rep. Called back for follow up interview approximately 1 week later with Plant manager, shift supervisor and HR representative. Final interview/tour a week after that with same 3 personnel.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly just general questions. Why do you want to work for us? How far do you see yourself going in our company? Tell us about a time when...   Answer Question

Electronic Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookings, SD

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Daktronics in November 2013.

Originally received a phone call to set up a 20-30 minute phone interview. Upon completion of phone interview, I was told they wanted to follow up with an onsite interview within a few weeks and they would get back to me. Called me back a few days later with a date in mind and set it up.

Traveled to Brookings for the onsite interview. The interview was about 3 hours. It started with a short interview with the supervisor for the position, followed by a tour of the manufacturing facility, followed by an interview with the hiring manager, followed by another department employee, and ended with an interview with an HR representative.

The travel reimbursement for the interview was simply cost of gas, which I found to be a negative as most other interviews I went for, it was mileage and about three times as much.

About 3 weeks went by and I sent a follow up interview (as I thought I was told I would hear back in that time frame). Received a phone call the next day that they planned to extend me an offer and would call back with details in a few days. Called back with the offer and did a quick half hour walkthrough of the offer with plans to catch up again at the end of the week with additional questions.

The offer was right before Christmas so we agreed to catch up after and set a timeline for responding to the offer. Caught up after Christmas and I let them know about my other potential opportunities and that I wanted to explore them, so we planned for about 2.5 weeks to have an answer.

Sent an email a few days before the deadline stating some concerns and mentioning that I wished to negotiate. Received an email the weekend after the deadline stating that we would catch up at the beginning of that week.

We spoke about concerns regarding some of the benefits I had and he asked me what number I was thinking I wanted. I was up front with an honest number about 10% higher than what they offered. He said he would talk to the hiring manager as well as do some more research of his own and get back to me the following day. He called the next two nights stating that he had not had time to complete what he wanted, so planned to talk after the weekend (about 5 days) with a decision on their end.

Through the process they told me that they came forward with their best offer, but were open to negotiation. Ultimately the HR representative called back and told me that they did not feel comfortable extending above the original offer (which was about average for my school and below the going rate I found from research; however, my GPA, extracurriculars, and internship experience was worth more than an average candidate in my opinion).

The benefits were average in some areas, but weak in areas such as yearly bonus, 401k (low match in company stock and no ROTH option), and tuition reimbursement.

I did not originally want to interview for the Test Engineer position (which Daktronics chose to kinda push me into), but the upside with this one was that a lot of responsibility would be given. In my experience, I found that this job would most likely need an employee who was hard working and willing to go the extra mile, which I felt also needed an extra financial boost for the position.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookings, SD

You will be interview twice, once with human resources and a second time with your direct manager. If this is still the case, the HR specialist will offer floor jobs to you and try to persuade you to chose a floor/manufacturing job, choose the job you have came in for!

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate, I was employed as a student supervisor.

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookings, SD

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Daktronics.

after 3 trips to brookings and 200 miles of driving for appointments with an HR rep, that they cancelled,and never bothered to call me about , i finnally got to have one of the 4 seperate interviews.I interviewed with people that had no idea about the job that I was even applying for and I had to inform them of what it involved,since 2 of the interviewers were sophmore students.2 weeks later,someone called me to report to dak,and couldnt even tell me where to report to at the facility.

Interview Questions
    • my name was the most difficult,because the interviewers had no idea what i was applying for   Answer Question
    no negotiation-8.00 an hour is the highest pay offered to start

Buyer/Planner Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookings, SD

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Daktronics in September 2012.

The hiring and interview process was quick and very direct. After i applied i was contacted the next day and did a phone interview, the person i talked to over the phone was very well spoken. In my personal interview the main person i was interviewed by was my now supervisor. He was straightforward but seemed like he just wanted to intimidate. I was hired the next day and started as soon as i could. Overall a good interview process.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any difficult unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Intern- Live Events Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookings, SD

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Daktronics in October 2011.

Received a phone interview followed up by an interview from a panel of people from all the departments such as quality, lean, live events, HSPR (high school sports and recreation) and transportation dept.

The people were really friendly they didn't ask any random or quick thinking responses like whats your favorite food, batman or superman. Pretty standard stuff from your resume and about what experiences you have.

Interview Questions
    • Its straight forward, why do you want to work here, what made you to decide this career path, etc. No random whats your favorite food questions   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookings, SD

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Daktronics in June 2011.

Long and drawn out. Had an intial phone interview, an in person follow up interview, then a 3rd interview with my potential supervisor. I think this could have combined into a phone interview and a supervisor interview. It seemed excessive. The first in person interview was completely useless, a waste of both of our time. It was very professional I must say.

No negotiation.

Buyer/Planner Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookings, SD

The process took a dayinterviewed at Daktronics in March 2011.

I applied for a business analyst job. They called back and informed me that the position I had applied for had been filled but they wanted to screen me for another job they had available. I scheduled a phone interview for the next week and was interviewed by an hr intern for approximately 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a system you developed and how you would explain it to someone new.   Answer Question

Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookings, SD

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Daktronics in March 2011.

Applied for the position on the company website and had a pre-screening phone interview with HR within 2 weeks. The HR person was very pleasant and the questions were the standard set of pre-screen questions. Asked me about what kind of projects I've worked on and had a few specific questions about some of the items on my resume. Also asked about my desired salary. After another week or two, I had a group panel phone interview with the same HR person and 3 of the company engineers related to the position I was interviewing for. They asked more specific questions about the projects listed on my resume, aiming to get at my experience with MCUs and FPGAs. Then after another couple of weeks, they flew me out for an in-person interview at the company's headquarters. This interview consisted of a tour of the town, a breakfast and lunch 1:1 interview with one of the engineers from the phone panel interview, 1:1 interview from the two other engineers on the phone panel, and a tour of the facilities. It ended with a phone interview with the same HR person, who located at another location. Throughout, there weren't really any technical questions, just specific questions about the projects I had listed on my resume. The offer came as a phone call with the HR person and one of the engineers who interview me on the phone. Overall, the company seems like a great place to work, although they won't be paying you top salary because of their location. My asking salary was far greater than what they wanted to pay, and I wasn't told this until the offer was presented. The work environment is setup as one giant room subdivided using cubicles. They have a cafe on-site and their manufacturing is done on-site as well. They even have a PCB subsidiary company which engineers can use to produce prototype boards.

Interview Questions

I received a better offer from another company.