Daktronics Interview Questions & Reviews

19 interviews

2.4

Mechanical Design Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookings, SD

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Daktronics in December 2009.

The first part of the interviewing process was a simple phone interview. This segment was used to collect basic information about me such as my university status, my former engineering experience (previous internships), and my schedule. My interviewer also informed me about the job I had applied for and some company logistics.

Within a week, I received a return call to set up a time for a panel interview at the corporate headquarters. The panel interview consisted of me being interviewed by five seasoned employees, one-by-one in a small room. Each interviewer worked in a different department and asked different questions aimed to expose my engineering ability based on past experiences and my responses to hypothetical situations. Some of the interviewers asked repeat questions, but mostly the questions were original.

I left this interview honestly very disappointed with myself and not expecting an offer. I was five minutes late to the interview because I couldn't find the right building (Daktronics has a wide multi-building campus), and I stuttered throughout the interview. I also found myself responding inconsistently to some of the same questions asked by different interviewers. However, about a week or two later, I received an offer. I would say that if you have a good resume, your chances of getting hired at Daktronics may be better than if you have a good interview. Because honestly, my performance at my interview was abhorrent but my resume was good.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an experience where you had failed to achieve a goal. How did you respond?   View Answer
    At Daktronics, they prefer students to work 20 hours per week. They strongly encourage it, both in the way management talks to you and in a policy that grants a $1.00/hr bonus for students who reach this goal. Honestly, you shouldn't feel pressured by this. I have seen new student hires come in and work as little as 15 hours/week, and I work with some people who have even cut down to 12 hours. I used to work 20-hr weeks when I started, but it was very difficult to manage with school. If I had known that it wasn't a big deal to work less than 20 hours, I would have worked 15 when I started.

Manufacturing Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Daktronics in October 2010.

No technical questions. Interview was with three supervisors and a human resource guy.

Manufacturing Engineer Intern- Live Events Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookings, SD

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Daktronics in October 2011.

Received a phone interview followed up by an interview from a panel of people from all the departments such as quality, lean, live events, HSPR (high school sports and recreation) and transportation dept.

The people were really friendly they didn't ask any random or quick thinking responses like whats your favorite food, batman or superman. Pretty standard stuff from your resume and about what experiences you have.

Interview Questions
    • Its straight forward, why do you want to work here, what made you to decide this career path, etc. No random whats your favorite food questions   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookings, SD

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Daktronics in June 2011.

Long and drawn out. Had an intial phone interview, an in person follow up interview, then a 3rd interview with my potential supervisor. I think this could have combined into a phone interview and a supervisor interview. It seemed excessive. The first in person interview was completely useless, a waste of both of our time. It was very professional I must say.

No negotiation.

Buyer/Planner Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookings, SD

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Daktronics in September 2012.

The hiring and interview process was quick and very direct. After i applied i was contacted the next day and did a phone interview, the person i talked to over the phone was very well spoken. In my personal interview the main person i was interviewed by was my now supervisor. He was straightforward but seemed like he just wanted to intimidate. I was hired the next day and started as soon as i could. Overall a good interview process.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any difficult unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookings, SD

You will be interview twice, once with human resources and a second time with your direct manager. If this is still the case, the HR specialist will offer floor jobs to you and try to persuade you to chose a floor/manufacturing job, choose the job you have came in for!

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate, I was employed as a student supervisor.

Sales Internship Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Daktronics.

Had an 2 different phone interviews, one was a group call. Then I was supposed to go on site for my third interview, but they only had time to do it on a day where I was unable to make it so they said I could do my interviews over Skype instead. Although they said that a Skype interview wouldnt make any difference, I think not meeting in person with them may have been my downfall in not getting the internship, because my interview went very well considering it was over Skype.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time while you were on the job and had to overcome an obstacle.   Answer Question

Buyer/Planner Student Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Brookings, SD
    Anonymous Employee in Brookings, SD

The process took a day - interviewed at Daktronics in March 2011.

I applied for a business analyst job. They called back and informed me that the position I had applied for had been filled but they wanted to screen me for another job they had available. I scheduled a phone interview for the next week and was interviewed by an hr intern for approximately 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a system you developed and how you would explain it to someone new.   Answer Question

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Brookings, SD
    Anonymous Employee in Brookings, SD

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Daktronics.

Short telephone interview with HR representative. Call back 2 days later to invite for an in-person interview with shift supervisor and HR rep. Called back for follow up interview approximately 1 week later with Plant manager, shift supervisor and HR representative. Final interview/tour a week after that with same 3 personnel.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly just general questions. Why do you want to work for us? How far do you see yourself going in our company? Tell us about a time when...   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Daktronics in July 2008.

organized, multiple people interviewed, plant tour, job description,

Interview Questions

Worked for Daktronics? Contribute to the Community!