Dal-Tile

Relevance Date Difficulty

Information Technology Intern Interview

Information Technology Intern

Interviewed at Dal-Tile

Interview Details – Normal behavioral interview. Lots of past experience questions such as: What was your old position? Why did you left it? Have you worked with databases?
It was an easy interview for web programmers who could be considered novices. Definitively a place I would recommend!

Interview Question – What database programs do you know?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Sales Manager Trainee Interview

Sales Manager Trainee

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Dal-Tile in April 2014.

Interview Details – I first heard of Dal-Tile through the Career Services at my school. I submitted my resume and was invited for a first round interview. The interview was great. Met with two people, a recruiter and a manager, and had a very nice, conversational interview. After the interview I exchanged a few emails with the recruiter and then got called the following week with an offer.

Interview Question – All straight forward questions. Review of resume.   Answer Question

Mill Operation Interview

Mill Operation

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Dal-Tile.

Interview Details – i was a temp and i did a good job an got hire on full time

Interview Question – just learning how to do the job because i had no work history in that fill but i got good train   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Finance Analyst
Dallas, TX

I interviewed at Dal-Tile in February 2008.

Interview Details – 3 people: 1 HR, 1 Hiring Manager, 1 Finance head

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult - no behavior or STAR questions   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Better offer elsewhere

Supply Chain Interview

Supply Chain
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Dal-Tile in June 2009.

Interview Details – Basic set up is multiple interviews with 2-3 interviewers in each session during 1 day. I interviewed with 8 people in total. The interview questions were not difficult, but the schedule was disorganized, some of the interviewers were not prepared, and one interviewer did not seem interested in being there.

Interview Question – Describe in detail what you would do to resolve a temporary supply gap   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Enamel Intern Interview

Enamel Intern
Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dal-Tile.

Interview Details – It was an internship offered by my school. The initial approach was trough a teacher that was involved in the company. It was a single interview with 3 to 4 managers of the plant. The interview took about 10 minutes with very basic questions about previous experience, followed by a quick tour around the plant.

Interview Question – The work conditions are sometimes extreme, are you phisically prepared to endure them   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Outside Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Dal-Tile.

Interview Details – I had breakfast with the Manager. He asked about my past experience and organization skills. The manager did 95% of the talking. This was a very easy interview.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was, "How do you organize your day?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimal negotiation. Arrived at agreement quickly.

Finance Interview

Finance

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dal-Tile in June 2011.

Interview Details – The on-site interview consisted of two 1:1's. Both interviewers were engaging and informative. They both shared a similar, 'I'm sure you've got the basic skills, tell me more about X' kind of style. I found this approach to be more useful of our time together - allowing for greater in-depth discussion on the finer points of the position. Unfortunately a last-minute internal candidate had presented, and the company has a great focus on internal mobility.

Interview Question – Sometimes closing a facility is necessary for the overall health of the organization. How has the experience of closing down facilities and laying off staff affected you personally?   Answer Question

Worked for Dal-Tile? Contribute to the Community!