Dal-Tile

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mill Operation Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Dal-Tile.

Interview Details – i was a temp and i did a good job an got hire on full time

Interview Question – just learning how to do the job because i had no work history in that fill but i got good train   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Dallas, TX

I interviewed at Dal-Tile in February 2008.

Interview Details – 3 people: 1 HR, 1 Hiring Manager, 1 Finance head

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult - no behavior or STAR questions   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Better offer elsewhere

Supply Chain Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Dal-Tile in June 2009.

Interview Details – Basic set up is multiple interviews with 2-3 interviewers in each session during 1 day. I interviewed with 8 people in total. The interview questions were not difficult, but the schedule was disorganized, some of the interviewers were not prepared, and one interviewer did not seem interested in being there.

Interview Question – Describe in detail what you would do to resolve a temporary supply gap   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Outside Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Dal-Tile.

Interview Details – I had breakfast with the Manager. He asked about my past experience and organization skills. The manager did 95% of the talking. This was a very easy interview.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was, "How do you organize your day?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimal negotiation. Arrived at agreement quickly.

Finance Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dal-Tile in June 2011.

Interview Details – The on-site interview consisted of two 1:1's. Both interviewers were engaging and informative. They both shared a similar, 'I'm sure you've got the basic skills, tell me more about X' kind of style. I found this approach to be more useful of our time together - allowing for greater in-depth discussion on the finer points of the position. Unfortunately a last-minute internal candidate had presented, and the company has a great focus on internal mobility.

Interview Question – Sometimes closing a facility is necessary for the overall health of the organization. How has the experience of closing down facilities and laying off staff affected you personally?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Dal-Tile? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dal-Tile interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dal-Tile employees and interview candidates.