Dale Carnegie

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dale Carnegie in October 2010.

The hiring process was professional and detailed. First was a detailed 40 minute phone screening and initial interview. The second interview was in person with one of the managing partners and took approximatley 1 hour 30 minutes. It was conversational and relaxed. As with any interview do be prepared:
1) Know the copmpany
2) Know as much as the person you are interviewing with
3) Know thy self and how you fit in and why you want to work there

The third interview was with both managing partners and the questions were more about how I would fit in. Plus a few very traditional questions like Tell me about yourself, tell me about your past responsibilties, etc.

After the third interview they had me come in to make two hours worth of cold calls, this was to see if I would enjoy it and for them to assess my skill level. While this may seem unecessary it was very helpful, as you not only get to se what the office is like but how your potential boss interacts with you.

The people I interviewed with and the office was professional and organized. They were timley and prepared. It was not the best fit for me but I would recommend working there.

Interview Questions
  • Dale Carnegie Denver was very opened and honest so they asked direct questions around potential conserns, issues or weaknesses. Nothing that most interviewers would not ask.   View Answer

To pursue other opportunites that more closely matched my skills.