Dale Carnegie

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Telesales Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dale Carnegie in October 2013.

Interview Details – Dale Carnegie representatives were fast to respond to my application, very open and clear about what to expect from the interview process, and extremely friendly. They assessed not only whether I fit this position, but whether the job would provide me with the experience necessary to help me on my desired career path.

Interview Question – What are the biggest problems facing companies today?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Through the interview process I discovered that the opportunity would not provide me with the experience I was looking for from a job.

Training Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Dale Carnegie.

Interview Details – Had to initial phone interviews. Then had a face to face interview. They ask a lot of behavorial questions; they basically want to know if you have a self driven sales mindset

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a series of obstacles   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Jacksonville, FL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Dale Carnegie in June 2012.

Interview Details – -I initiated the interview process when I determined that the organization had recently lost its key salesperson and was in need of a replacement.
-Secured appointment for informal interview to solicit additional details. Company is currently composed of owner/lead trainer and administrative assistant and 2 or more instructors that rotate as needed.
-The interview process seems straightforward, with an initial interview during which the owner is very candid about the long sales cycle and the straight commission structure. It's up to the keen eye and imagination of the salesperson to see beyond that to the goldmine that exists in this opportunity for the right person. The organization offers the right person world-class training and unparalleled resources and puts no limits on your territory as far as I could tell. The people who have walked through the doors of the Dale Carnegie Organization would take your breath away. To stand shoulder to shoulder amongst those mena and women is something, I mean truly something!
-Its hard to imagine the interview process going beyond two steps. The owner is very direct and to the point and has a keen sense about people. If I could have reached a mutual understanding in the first meeting, I could see us wrapping things up in one more interview.

Interview Question – What is the position you have had the most success at and why?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Business Consultant Interview

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Dale Carnegie in October 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was professional and detailed. First was a detailed 40 minute phone screening and initial interview. The second interview was in person with one of the managing partners and took approximatley 1 hour 30 minutes. It was conversational and relaxed. As with any interview do be prepared:
1) Know the copmpany
2) Know as much as the person you are interviewing with
3) Know thy self and how you fit in and why you want to work there

The third interview was with both managing partners and the questions were more about how I would fit in. Plus a few very traditional questions like Tell me about yourself, tell me about your past responsibilties, etc.

After the third interview they had me come in to make two hours worth of cold calls, this was to see if I would enjoy it and for them to assess my skill level. While this may seem unecessary it was very helpful, as you not only get to se what the office is like but how your potential boss interacts with you.

The people I interviewed with and the office was professional and organized. They were timley and prepared. It was not the best fit for me but I would recommend working there.

Interview Question – Dale Carnegie Denver was very opened and honest so they asked direct questions around potential conserns, issues or weaknesses. Nothing that most interviewers would not ask.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – To pursue other opportunites that more closely matched my skills.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Dale Carnegie? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dale Carnegie interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dale Carnegie employees and interview candidates.