Dallas County

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Electronic Tech Interview

Electronic Tech

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Dallas County.

Interview Details – Took place in the engine room. Head manager asked questions relating to what you know. He writes it all down. Somewhat intimidating atmosphere if you're not used to this. He wants to know you're technical skill relating to the position. Electronic tech deals with mechanical repair on doors, installing bulbs and ballast in light fixtures (277v),installation of exit lights (480v), changing air filters in air handlers, knowing basics about computer logic and how relays work., plumbing (unclogging drains using a snake,plunging toilets), Wielding is a + but not required. Also helps if you know how a closed loop system works for ac/heating (water in from reservoir, runs through filter, into a chiller etc). Know you're tools, tho only tools you will ever use will be, flat head, Phillips, wire stripper/cutters, tape measure, box cutter, ratchet (1/8th socket) and security bits (provided), rubber mallet, pliers, adjustable wrench. You have to provide you're own tools excluding security bits, drill bits.

Interview Question – Questions pertaining towards sorting conflicts in the workplace. Safety questions and previous achievement or recognition by managers.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pay was non negotiable, the salary analysis was done prior from going to the interview. Salary is based off of experience and education. Associate degree accounts for 4 years relevant experience. Bachelors is 8 years relevant, pay is adjusted accordingly. This rule of thumb goes for all positions in Dallas county. All full time employees get full benefits standard, 7% mandatory into 401k. Lost about $4 a hour after all benefits and taxes were taken out of check.

Law Clerk Interview

Law Clerk
Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dallas County in March 2011.

Interview Details – I thought the interviewer was very rude. The interview seemed to have nothing to do with any skills or talents, but mainly just the interviewer's impressions/misconceptions of who I was and what my political leanings were. Very strange altogether and pretty uncomfortable at points.

Interview Question – Their first question was for me to tell them something about myself that was not on my resume. It was just very unexpected.   Answer Question

Clerk II Interview

Clerk II
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dallas County in July 2013.

Interview Details – Made an application online at dallas county website, and I got a call three weeks later for an interview.

Interview Question – What are 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses? How is your learning style? Fast learner or slow. How is your time management? If you were having a problem with a co worker how would you handle the situation? What would your past employers say about you?   View Answer

IT Services Interview

IT Services
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dallas County in January 2010.

Interview Details – Met with a team of seasoned IT Execs to discuss the hiring process, needs of the company, issues, concerns, motivation, embracing new technologies, changing the IT culture, having a can do attitude at all cost, project management, operations, help desk, desktop support, and working with multiple vendors. Dallas County is on the way up. This would be a tremendous opportunity and I am eager for the results!!!

Interview Questions

Clerk II Interview

Clerk II

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dallas County.

Interview Details – I submitted an application online and was called for an interview 2 weeks later. I had a one on one interview with the HR manager and told they would call in a few days after a background check and typing test. I heard back within 4 days and was sent an official job offer via email. After accepting, I had to attend an orientation before starting training. The interview questions were very basic. "How would you handle an angry customer?" "How do you deal with pressure?"

Interview Question – "If someone offered you money to look the other way, how would you handle it?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation.

Worked for Dallas County? Contribute to the Community!