Dallas Independent School District

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Records Specialist Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Dallas Independent School District.

Interview Details – They take along time from reviewing application to a call for an interview and then the interview scheduled date. The Interview was so basic they could have just done this over the phone.

Interview Question – The questions were easy. What is a legal hold? Why should you get the job? Tell us a strength and tell us a weakness. Instead of a one on one interview they surprised me with a panel interview. The interview was short and could have been done over the phone.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dallas Independent School District in August 2009.

Interview Details – They needed someone with my certification. The semester had already begun and they were desparate. They aske me if I could teach with out the correct computer software and without my own clasroom (I had to share). I should never had said yes.

Interview Question – Can you teach your class inside a Credit Recovery Computer Lab on crappy old computers that don't have the software that you are supposed to be teaching?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The salaries are posted by years of experience. There is no room for negotiation.

Consultant Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Dallas Independent School District in March 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring interview consisted of a panel asking questions regarding my knowledge of Federal Financial Aid polices and procedures.

Interview Question – I did not experience any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Teacher
Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Dallas Independent School District in June 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview for a new school. Was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – How do you plan on changing the student's lives?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Reading Teacher Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Dallas Independent School District in June 2009.

Interview Details – The principal and vice principal asked me about my experiences. They mainly wanted to know about my discipline skills in the classroom and what grades I had taught. The principal was concerned that I was only certified in EC-4 even though I was willing to take the test for 4-8. They were not interested until I told them I had interviewed at another school and offered a position. Then, I was offered a position on the spot.

Interview Question – What is your discipline method?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation in teaching.

Teacher
Dallas, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Dallas Independent School District in August 2009.

Interview Details – The administrators interviewed me at the school. They asked basic questions about teaching-- nothing too difficult. To secure the job, I had to have a background check completed, fingerprints taken, and a letter of recommendation submitted from my previous employer.

Interview Question – What would you do if a student was consistently acting out in your classroom?   Answer Question

Librarian Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Dallas Independent School District in May 2009.

Interview Details – we were given tips for classroom management. We were given the discipline plans and we were explained salaaries and benefits

Interview Question – how to handle abusive relationship of prospective students   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Science Teacher Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Dallas Independent School District in February 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiter first asked about my other work experiences and why I want to work for their district.
Then a series of questions which were related to pedagogical methods: how to make science interested for students or how to find a balance between students interest and district curriculum.
And the last part of interview was writing sample ( write a letter to the parents; discussing a certain problem in the class).

Interview Question – The recruiter asked me to imagine a situation that I am going back to home after work and suddenly remember that I have done something to one of my students that makes me regret and tell her what I might have done?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Dallas Independent School District? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dallas Independent School District interview questions and advice in Dallas, TX. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dallas Independent School District employees and interview candidates.