Dallas Independent School District
www.dallasisd.org Dallas, TX 5000+ Employees

Dallas Independent School District Interview Questions & Reviews in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Updated Dec 17, 2013

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dallas Independent School District in August 2009.

Interview Details – They needed someone with my certification. The semester had already begun and they were desparate. They aske me if I could teach with out the correct computer software and without my own clasroom (I had to share). I should never had said yes.

Interview Question – Can you teach your class inside a Credit Recovery Computer Lab on crappy old computers that don't have the software that you are supposed to be teaching?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The salaries are posted by years of experience. There is no room for negotiation.

Consultant Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Dallas Independent School District in March 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring interview consisted of a panel asking questions regarding my knowledge of Federal Financial Aid polices and procedures.

Interview Question – I did not experience any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Teacher
Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Dallas Independent School District in June 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview for a new school. Was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – How do you plan on changing the student's lives?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Reading Teacher Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Dallas Independent School District in June 2009.

Interview Details – The principal and vice principal asked me about my experiences. They mainly wanted to know about my discipline skills in the classroom and what grades I had taught. The principal was concerned that I was only certified in EC-4 even though I was willing to take the test for 4-8. They were not interested until I told them I had interviewed at another school and offered a position. Then, I was offered a position on the spot.

Interview Question – What is your discipline method?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation in teaching.

Teacher
Dallas, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Dallas Independent School District in August 2009.

Interview Details – The administrators interviewed me at the school. They asked basic questions about teaching-- nothing too difficult. To secure the job, I had to have a background check completed, fingerprints taken, and a letter of recommendation submitted from my previous employer.

Interview Question – What would you do if a student was consistently acting out in your classroom?   Answer Question

Librarian Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Dallas Independent School District in May 2009.

Interview Details – we were given tips for classroom management. We were given the discipline plans and we were explained salaaries and benefits

Interview Question – how to handle abusive relationship of prospective students   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Science Teacher Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Dallas Independent School District in February 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiter first asked about my other work experiences and why I want to work for their district.
Then a series of questions which were related to pedagogical methods: how to make science interested for students or how to find a balance between students interest and district curriculum.
And the last part of interview was writing sample ( write a letter to the parents; discussing a certain problem in the class).

Interview Question – The recruiter asked me to imagine a situation that I am going back to home after work and suddenly remember that I have done something to one of my students that makes me regret and tell her what I might have done?   Answer Question

Teacher's Aide Interview

Frisco, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dallas Independent School District in March 2009.

Interview Details – Nothing out of the common routine.When asked about my greatest weakness, I admitted being shy, but having managed to control it pretty well.It was related to a position of teacher's aid working with special needs students. In that environment, my shyness would not have been a great challenge.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Dallas Independent School District? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dallas Independent School District interview questions and advice in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dallas Independent School District employees and interview candidates.