Dallas Independent School District Interview Questions in Texas

Updated Aug 16, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dallas Independent School District (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Called via telephone and was asked to come to the campus for an in-person interview; arrived and was interviewed by the Assistant Principal (in one small office), then was interviewed by the Principal in a conference room. Was called the next day by someone in HR (Human Capital Management) and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want teach? Tell us about your background. What do you think is important when leading a class? Describe the most challenging aspect you have experienced as a teacher.   Answer Question
    • Describe the most challenging aspect you have experienced as a teacher.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be a teacher? What led you to this decision?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay scale is already set; there was nothing to negotiate

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dallas Independent School District (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a telephone interview. It was after hours and lasted for two hours. She asked questions that pertained to the job, but mostly we chased a lot of rabbits.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been rejected?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dallas Independent School District (Dallas, TX).

Interview

You must first be cleared by "Human Capital Mangement." (Note we are no longer a resource, we are a thing like a car or building - capital). Once cleared there, you must then be interviewed by campus personnel. This interview can vary widely from one campus to the next. A principal or assistant principal may interview you or a committee of the principal's choice may interview you.

Interview Questions

• You will likely be given a student scenario or maybe a few of them and be asked to describe how your would handle it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

At this time there is a set schedule based on different variables that will determine your pay grade. There is not likely any room for negotiation.

Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dallas Independent School District (Dallas, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I arrived 14 minutes early for my interview and had to wait about ten to fifteen minutes after the interview was supposed to start. Once I was taken to the office to interview, the interviewer was interviewing another candidate for a teaching position. I had to wait about fifteen more minutes. My interview lasted all of ten minutes or less. I was told to tell them about myself. I was given the rundown of the position, asked about two more "yes" or "no" questions and then I was asked if I had any questions. I was told they had other interviews, but would contact me back soon. She verified my information and that was it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dallas Independent School District (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Simple everyone was helpful and nice. The principal was very professional during the interview seem genuine. This quickly faded the 5 day of employment. Principal turned extremely unprofessional. It was common practice for principal to scream at and belittle all staff in front of each other.

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dallas Independent School District (Dallas, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within two weeks via telephone. The person on the telephone was laughing and speaking to another person at the same time as requesting that I come to their office for some "testing" of my technological abilities. I was given the location and told to come for "testing" the next day. I asked what kind of testing and they replied "stressful". There was no additional information given. When I arrived, I completed a Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel test. They had multiple questions and it took 1 hour to complete. They then asked me to interview on the spot without any preparation. During the interview, the team spent a lot of time making inside jokes and teasing each other instead of concentrating on the interview itself. It was highly uncomfortable. They even mentioned that my English was good when I mentioned that I was another nationality (Canadian's speak English, just FYI). It was offensive and I knew that I wasn't interested from that instant.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were typical interview questions with a lot of jokes inserted.   Answer Question

Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dallas Independent School District (Dallas, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by the head of the department then then principal of the school. I had to go to several schools; so, the best fit could be determined based on skills, needs, & personalities. I had to wait days to a week between interviews even though my initial one was in July.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle conflict?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told what my salary would be based on a agreed upon base rate for first year employees then a percentage for years of experience.

Bilingual Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dallas Independent School District (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Two interviews, interview process went smooth. The most difficult part was waiting for the call for the next step in the hiring/interview process. The questions were relatively easy due to the fact that they were job related. Despite the fact that there were a number of applicants. It went well overall.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

A little confusing, the pay scale is difficult to understan.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Dallas Independent School District (Dallas, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Application was submitted online via the website. I overused several schools to gage the location I would like to work, the grade level and age group I would prefer, and to get an overall feel for the schools prior to interviewing. I interviewed at a Job Fair amidst hundreds of applicants based on our qualifications or what position we were seeking.

Interview Questions

• What is the discipline management system in your classroom?   Answer Question

I was in the process of trying to relocate from another city but unfortunately things didn't work out and I was unprepared to move.

Art Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dallas Independent School District (Dallas, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

applitrack application, job fair, human management capital interview, fine arts interview, job fair After filling application you will be contacted by the staffing company. They will invite to a job fair to interview with principals or and to interview with hiring company for further screening. A principal will offer you a job at which point and time you sign on the dotted line. If applying for art, you must 1st contact the fine arts dept. This was not made clear.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5yrs with the district?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered the job and i believed i had the job for a whole month, only to turn around and be told i wasn't recommended for the job. Very confusing, especially when it arrested my job search at a very crucial time. I was unable to capitalize on available jobs because of poor communication and am currently seeking jobs with other districts.,