Dallas Independent School District

2.5

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dallas Independent School District in November 2014.

I arrived 14 minutes early for my interview and had to wait about ten to fifteen minutes after the interview was supposed to start. Once I was taken to the office to interview, the interviewer was interviewing another candidate for a teaching position. I had to wait about fifteen more minutes. My interview lasted all of ten minutes or less. I was told to tell them about myself. I was given the rundown of the position, asked about two more "yes" or "no" questions and then I was asked if I had any questions. I was told they had other interviews, but would contact me back soon. She verified my information and that was it.

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dallas Independent School District in July 2014.

I applied online and was contacted within two weeks via telephone. The person on the telephone was laughing and speaking to another person at the same time as requesting that I come to their office for some "testing" of my technological abilities. I was given the location and told to come for "testing" the next day. I asked what kind of testing and they replied "stressful". There was no additional information given. When I arrived, I completed a Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel test. They had multiple questions and it took 1 hour to complete. They then asked me to interview on the spot without any preparation. During the interview, the team spent a lot of time making inside jokes and teasing each other instead of concentrating on the interview itself. It was highly uncomfortable. They even mentioned that my English was good when I mentioned that I was another nationality (Canadian's speak English, just FYI). It was offensive and I knew that I wasn't interested from that instant.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were typical interview questions with a lot of jokes inserted.   Answer Question

Bilingual Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dallas Independent School District.

Two interviews, interview process went smooth. The most difficult part was waiting for the call for the next step in the hiring/interview process. The questions were relatively easy due to the fact that they were job related. Despite the fact that there were a number of applicants. It went well overall.

Interview Questions
    A little confusing, the pay scale is difficult to understan.

Art Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dallas Independent School District in May 2014.

applitrack application, job fair, human management capital interview, fine arts interview, job fair
    After filling application you will be contacted by the staffing company. They will invite to a job fair to interview with principals or and to interview with hiring company for further screening. A principal will offer you a job at which point and time you sign on the dotted line. If applying for art, you must 1st contact the fine arts dept. This was not made clear.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5yrs with the district?   View Answer
    I was offered the job and i believed i had the job for a whole month, only to turn around and be told i wasn't recommended for the job. Very confusing, especially when it arrested my job search at a very crucial time. I was unable to capitalize on available jobs because of poor communication and am currently seeking jobs with other districts.,

Records Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

They take along time from reviewing application to a call for an interview and then the interview scheduled date. The Interview was so basic they could have just done this over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were easy. What is a legal hold? Why should you get the job? Tell us a strength and tell us a weakness. Instead of a one on one interview they surprised me with a panel interview. The interview was short and could have been done over the phone.   View Answer

Substitute Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Dallas Independent School District in October 2013.

You are not interviewed for this position. You just have to qualify by verifying you have a college degree and passing a criminal background check. You have to take a TB test as well. There is a one day orientation you must attend that used to be very entertaining and had a great speaker. It is now just factual and a bit boring.

Interview Questions
    • It took a long time to get hired in 2013. They seemed a bit unorganized and I believe it was due to a lot of new changes from the new superintendent.   View Answer
    Everyone gets the same salary. If you are a certified teacher, you get 100.00 a day. If a college graduate, you get 75.00 a day.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dallas Independent School District in June 2012.

Phone interview for a new school. Was hired on the spot.

None.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dallas Independent School District in September 2010.

Long and the HR department is not very good at keeping up with things.

No negotiation

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Dallas Independent School District in March 2010.

The hiring interview consisted of a panel asking questions regarding my knowledge of Federal Financial Aid polices and procedures.

Interview Questions
    • I did not experience any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Science Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dallas Independent School District in February 2010.

Recruiter first asked about my other work experiences and why I want to work for their district.
    Then a series of questions which were related to pedagogical methods: how to make science interested for students or how to find a balance between students interest and district curriculum.
    And the last part of interview was writing sample ( write a letter to the parents; discussing a certain problem in the class).

Interview Questions
    • The recruiter asked me to imagine a situation that I am going back to home after work and suddenly remember that I have done something to one of my students that makes me regret and tell her what I might have done?   Answer Question