Dallas Morning News Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2015

2.5

Traffic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dallas Morning News (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

3 interviews - I got called back quickly for each interview. The interviewers were all great, nice people. Made you feel comfortable. After the 3rd interview I was told I should hear something next week but it took more than two weeks to hear that they went with another candidate. That was very frustrating and I was truly disappointed because I wanted to work with those people.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember a specific question they asked. It was more of a conversation.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Dallas Morning News.

Interview

Started off temp to perm. This gave Dallas Morning News to evaluate my performance and for me to see if this was the company I wanted to work for.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked. My skills and work ethic was evaluated while working on the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Worked through my temp agency to finalize salary.

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dallas Morning News.

Interview

I was highly impressed by the professionalism and the efficiency with which this interview process was handled. I have been through several of these at other large media companies and this one was the best. The people I met at this company know what they are doing and I believe that would make it a good place to work. The initial contact was over the phone after I applied. Next was a thoughtfully designed skills assessment done at home. The final step was in-person interviews with a number of people over the course of a day. I met people from all areas of the newsroom, including the editor and managing editor.

Interview Questions

• "If photo galleries like that work, why not do them all the time?"   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Phone screened by HR with salary requirements; call from hiring manager for phone interview; in-person interview with hiring manager, peers

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dallas Morning News (Dallas, TX) in December 2009.

Interview

They asked for so much information over the course of two months that it seemed they were either on a fishing expedition or there was really no funding for the position.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dallas Morning News (Dallas, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

I had three interviews. 1st a phone call with HR, then a 1:1 with an Ops Manager, then a 1:1 with the Senior Ops Director. All were less than an hour, and asked me about my experience after college and why I thought I would be a good fit for TDMN.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? This is order entry.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. I would advise a newcomer to negotiate a remote working agreement. Everything can be done from accessing their intranet.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dallas Morning News (Dallas, TX) in October 2009.

Interview

Interview process is not as bad as some, they make you write a paragraph or so in front of a panel (for my dept at least) explaining why you should be fit for the job. Afterwards, they tell you that you will receive a call when they need you, like a list. You never know if you well get the job or not. Luckily, i got a call 3 mths later

Interview Questions

• What do you know about advertising and what interests you in advertising   Answer Question

Negotiation

When negotiating, take what you can get, in this company they claim they have nomoney when they do, but they will choose the cheapest candidate to save costs, take what they give you

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dallas Morning News (Dallas, TX) in February 2008.

Interview

Was called to set up a phone screen. Very simple interview questions. Then brought in for in person. Interviewed with Director I would work for and another Director in another department. Offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would trouble shoot an issue.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very easy. Was offered more vacation than I would have asked for. The salary was decent enough as well.

Interview

Went to an open house where most people did not get past the initial passing out of their résumé I was selected to move to a second interview and asked to step into a back area where my experience was discussed and plans were made for setting up an interview with the hiring manager. The next week, I drove in for that interview and within minutes, knew this job was not for me. Very much a job where there was little natural problem solving, just canned responses based on the problem encountered. Much more of a clerks position than an IT professional.

Advertising Sales Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dallas Morning News in June 2009.

Interview

Organization is filled with people working under intense stress and intense budget targets

Interview Questions

• Would you consider a category /department /territory sales assignment shift if we needed you to take over a area of need.   Answer Question

Not enough Compensation