Damco Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2015

3.2

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Damco.

Interview

One over the phone interview. After that I was called in for an in person interview at their headquarters. There was one more phone interview a week later. Shortly after I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Damco.

Interview

Phone screening first then in person interview then fly out to hq in NJ and another in person interview

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Damco (Carson, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

The whole process for me was very quick, but on average the whole process takes a few months. After getting word back that I was called in for a group interview, I went in that week. All of the higher ups were there from General Managers to Continent Representatives. After the group interview, they bring you in for a solo interview with a panel. The panel is very professional and only smile or joke once or twice. The manager that actually hired me said almost nothing during the interview. Within a weeks time they had made a verbal offer, followed a few days later by a written one. The screening process only lasted about a week and then I started the job.

Interview Questions

• The group interview was based on two questions, almost a situational ethics kind of example. Both were very complex and dealt with dealing with clients who got something for free that they shouldn't have.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nothing really to negotiate, they made an offer and I accepted.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Damco.

Interview

Long interview, lots of questions. Typical questions mostly, such as your strengths/weaknesses, why this industry and company, where do you see yourself, biggest failure and so on. Didn't get the offer and the interviewer didn't reply to my email asking for feedback. I think it's rude and unprofessional to ignore emails. Generally, wasn't very keen on the company after the interview anyway.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the client asked for unreasonable price for our services?   Answer Question