Dan Klores Communications

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dan Klores Communications

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Dan Klores Communications in April 2012.

I came from out of town in order to interview for an entry-level PR position. I never suspected PR would be the right place for me until coming into this firm. The receptionist and HR were polite and efficient, cool looking office. I got to sit down with one of the VP's and talk with him about the job. The salary offer was obnoxiously low, but I saw this as a place with upward mobility and possibility. My attitude changed and was very gung-ho about this opportunity. Then I met my potential supervisors...

I have never met such...bad people in my entire life. When they entered the room I stood up to greet them and shake their hands. No eye contact was made and I was given a half-hearted handshake. I was asked basic questions about my background and interests. When the three weren't asking me why I didn't have a background in PR they seemed bored, unengaged, even hostile. Either way, they found an excuse to leave the interview before I was done asking them about the position. Any good will the VP had instilled vanished in the first 10 minutes.

I spent some time preparing for this interview and traveling to NYC. I did not expect to easily win the the job, but I also resent getting treated poorly. After that interview I would not have worked for DKC if they had doubled my salary.

Interview Questions
    • I see you don't have a background in PR, why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Publicity Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dan Klores Communications in May 2010.

They put an extra emphasis on keeping abreast of all current events, so make sure to read up on the hot topics of the day before you go into the interview

Interview Questions