Dana Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dana Corporation (Maumee, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with about 6 people. Really nice and humorous people. They asked about my current jobs and school. They asked if I had any questions or concerns. The basis of the conversation was then explaining all of the responsibilities of what the job entails and who I would work with.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work with cars?   1 Answer

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dana Corporation (Maumee, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Asked a series of behavioral questions, series of 2 back to back one hour long interviews. Interviewers were my future coworkers. Initially screened by a phone interview with a regional recruiter for Dana (he is a Dana employee). He then forwarded my information to a manager where my profile fit. Was contacted from there.

Interview Questions

• Fairly standard questions, name a time when this happened, or give an example of whatever.   1 Answer

Warehouse Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dana Corporation.

Interview

I had a Phone interview first then a One on One basic questions for the interview then I was called back a second time for a plant walk through with each departments supervisor showing me each process the product went through

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dana Corporation (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Thorough and fair hiring process. Interview by phone, then interview with hiring panel, then interview with department head. Quick decision, heard that non winning candidates got both email and snail mail rejection, so think that is considerate and not a regular occurence in these times.

Interview Questions

• Who do you take care of first, CEO or machine down?   1 Answer

Negotiation

reasonable, came up some and we settled in the middle

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Dana Corporation.

Interview

Battery of questions from the lead engineers, confirmation of your knowledge in whatever function you are applying for (quality/process/methods/etc), prior experience is a large focus as the position is largely project-oriented. Plant tour afterwards with the plant manager, pointing out specific projects that were of interest to the future of the company.

Interview Questions

• What is an out-of-the box project that you have encountered in a previous position, and how did you tackle it? Was it successful?   Answer Question

SummerEngineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dana Corporation (Aurora, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Sent in a resume, got a call back and then had a short hour long interview and at the end before leaving was given forms to complete and accepted position.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about the manufacturing process of differential casing?   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Application

I interviewed at Dana Corporation in February 2013.

Interview

First step was a Phone Interview then an onsite interview - Didn't ask much a few behavioral questions also didn't bother about the technical part of the process

HR Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owensboro, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Dana Corporation (Owensboro, KY).

Interview

After 5 interviews and spending over 16 hours of my life I was told by the Plant Mgr and Senior HR Mgr I was a great fit for the job but because the peer panel had concerns I was not offered the job. What a joke......

Interview Questions

• Actually asked me if I had a family.   1 Answer

Purchasing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dana Corporation (Maumee, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

Did a short phone interview with a woman in HR. Made an appointment for an interview. The interview consisted of a group/panel of people who were from the department I would be working in. Not really any tough questions. Asked about skills and resume information. Interview only took 30-45 minutes. Company atmosphere seems calm and everyone was very friendly. They discuss how much the position would pay but said the internship could last anywhere from 3 months to 2 years.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about telling your manager you may not be able to finish some of the projects you would be working on?   Answer Question
    • Do you know how to do a pivot table?   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dana Corporation in February 2012.

Interview

I had one phone interview and one personal interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you least like about being a supervisor.   1 Answer