Dana Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2014
Updated Jul 19, 2014

Warehouse Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dana Corporation.

I had a Phone interview first then a One on One basic questions for the interview then I was called back a second time for a plant walk through with each departments supervisor showing me each process the product went through

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dana Corporation.

Thorough and fair hiring process. Interview by phone, then interview with hiring panel, then interview with department head. Quick decision, heard that non winning candidates got both email and snail mail rejection, so think that is considerate and not a regular occurence in these times.

Interview Questions
    • Who do you take care of first, CEO or machine down?   View Answer
    reasonable, came up some and we settled in the middle

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Dana Corporation.

Battery of questions from the lead engineers, confirmation of your knowledge in whatever function you are applying for (quality/process/methods/etc), prior experience is a large focus as the position is largely project-oriented. Plant tour afterwards with the plant manager, pointing out specific projects that were of interest to the future of the company.

Interview Questions
    • What is an out-of-the box project that you have encountered in a previous position, and how did you tackle it? Was it successful?   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

interviewed at Dana Corporation in February 2013.

First step was a Phone Interview then an onsite interview - Didn't ask much a few behavioral questions also didn't bother about the technical part of the process

HR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owensboro, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owensboro, KY

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Dana Corporation.

After 5 interviews and spending over 16 hours of my life I was told by the Plant Mgr and Senior HR Mgr I was a great fit for the job but because the peer panel had concerns I was not offered the job. What a joke......

Purchasing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maumee, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dana Corporation in March 2012.

Did a short phone interview with a woman in HR. Made an appointment for an interview. The interview consisted of a group/panel of people who were from the department I would be working in. Not really any tough questions. Asked about skills and resume information. Interview only took 30-45 minutes. Company atmosphere seems calm and everyone was very friendly. They discuss how much the position would pay but said the internship could last anywhere from 3 months to 2 years.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about telling your manager you may not be able to finish some of the projects you would be working on?   Answer Question
    • Do you know how to do a pivot table?   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dana Corporation in February 2012.

I had one phone interview and one personal interview.

Interview Questions
    • What do you least like about being a supervisor.   View Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maumee, OH

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dana Corporation in October 2011.

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. They asked me to drive to Maumee OH (350 miles), I asked that I be flown. They then changed to another phone interview ith two technical folks. After that I was asked to meet the hiring manager at another location 175 miles from my house which I did.

I was told that I had done well at the interview and I would receive an offer on Monday. On Tuesday I was told that they had hired someone else.

So far they have not told me if they will me for the gas or milage for the interview. The hiring manager will not answer my emails.

Supply Chain Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dana Corporation in January 2011.

I had 2 phone screens with 2 different people and a follow-up face to face. Very intensive discussion regarding my purchasing background and the current state of condition/challenges for supply chain within the company. Each screen lasted an hour. The face to face was another hour with one supply chain member and one internal customer. I was never quite sure what the expectations of the job was. The job description was vague enough and it was never clear to me what role they wanted the candidate to fill. I left the interview with a good feeling but uncertainty of what and who they really wanted in addtion to what they wanted to accomplish.

Interview Questions
    • What was the percentage of cost savings compared to the overall spend?(for a company that I had not recently worked for)   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dana Corporation in July 2010.

I was called two days after I applied to schedule a phone interview, and spoke to an agency recruiter in CA. About two weeks after the phone interview, someone in TX contacted me to schedule an onsite interview in OH. He gave me a few time options and slotted me in. When I arrived for my interview, there was no one at the front desk, and the phone list did not include the names of the people I was scheduled to meet with. Luckily, there was another person waiting in the lobby that knew the people I was supposed to meet with and said they will be right out.

The interview consisted of two panel interviews (2 people per panel). The first asked basic interview questions (3 strengths, 3 areas of improvement, Microsoft Office experience, Career Highlight, Project that went astray, etc.), the second interview had me walk through my resume and asked “would you rather do this or that?” questions.

It seemed like two the interviewers were trying to impress the other interviewer by asking tricky questions they read in a book.

I received a phone call the week after notifying me that I was not selected for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather learn or teach? one or the other   View Answer