Dana Corporation

22 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Warehouse Interview

Warehouse

I applied in-person and interviewed at Dana Corporation.

Interview Details – I had a Phone interview first then a One on One basic questions for the interview then I was called back a second time for a plant walk through with each departments supervisor showing me each process the product went through

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst
Cleveland, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dana Corporation.

Interview Details – Thorough and fair hiring process. Interview by phone, then interview with hiring panel, then interview with department head. Quick decision, heard that non winning candidates got both email and snail mail rejection, so think that is considerate and not a regular occurence in these times.

Interview Question – Who do you take care of first, CEO or machine down?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – reasonable, came up some and we settled in the middle

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern

I interviewed at Dana Corporation in February 2013.

Interview Details – First step was a Phone Interview then an onsite interview - Didn't ask much a few behavioral questions also didn't bother about the technical part of the process

Interview Question – How quickly do you learn?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Dana Corporation.

Interview Details – Battery of questions from the lead engineers, confirmation of your knowledge in whatever function you are applying for (quality/process/methods/etc), prior experience is a large focus as the position is largely project-oriented. Plant tour afterwards with the plant manager, pointing out specific projects that were of interest to the future of the company.

Interview Question – What is an out-of-the box project that you have encountered in a previous position, and how did you tackle it? Was it successful?   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Production Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dana Corporation in February 2012.

Interview Details – I had one phone interview and one personal interview.

Interview Question – What do you least like about being a supervisor.   View Answer

HR Manager Interview

HR Manager
Owensboro, KY

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Dana Corporation.

Interview Details – After 5 interviews and spending over 16 hours of my life I was told by the Plant Mgr and Senior HR Mgr I was a great fit for the job but because the peer panel had concerns I was not offered the job. What a joke......

Interview Question – Actually asked me if I had a family.   View Answer

Production Support Engineer Interview

Production Support Engineer
Detroit, MI

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dana Corporation in October 2008.

Interview Details – Staffing company was used to filter resumes from Monster.com, CareerBuilder.com, etc.
Recruiter setup interview with hiring manager.
Interviewed with hiring manager.
2nd interview with hiring manager and other managers.

Interview Question – From boss' boss: Are you ready to make money for us?
He's a busy man so he is a man of a few words. He did not say much more.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary and paid vacation days.
Salary was increased by several thousand. Paid vacation days should be 15 days with 5 years of work experience; although first year might start at 10 days.

Purchasing Intern Interview

Purchasing Intern
Maumee, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dana Corporation in March 2012.

Interview Details – Did a short phone interview with a woman in HR. Made an appointment for an interview. The interview consisted of a group/panel of people who were from the department I would be working in. Not really any tough questions. Asked about skills and resume information. Interview only took 30-45 minutes. Company atmosphere seems calm and everyone was very friendly. They discuss how much the position would pay but said the internship could last anywhere from 3 months to 2 years.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about telling your manager you may not be able to finish some of the projects you would be working on?   Answer Question
  • Do you know how to do a pivot table?   Answer Question

IT Interview

IT
Maumee, OH

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dana Corporation in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. They asked me to drive to Maumee OH (350 miles), I asked that I be flown. They then changed to another phone interview ith two technical folks. After that I was asked to meet the hiring manager at another location 175 miles from my house which I did.

I was told that I had done well at the interview and I would receive an offer on Monday. On Tuesday I was told that they had hired someone else.

So far they have not told me if they will me for the gas or milage for the interview. The hiring manager will not answer my emails.

Interview Question – What are views on virtualization.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Management Interview

Supply Chain Management
Toledo, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dana Corporation in January 2011.

Interview Details – I had 2 phone screens with 2 different people and a follow-up face to face. Very intensive discussion regarding my purchasing background and the current state of condition/challenges for supply chain within the company. Each screen lasted an hour. The face to face was another hour with one supply chain member and one internal customer. I was never quite sure what the expectations of the job was. The job description was vague enough and it was never clear to me what role they wanted the candidate to fill. I left the interview with a good feeling but uncertainty of what and who they really wanted in addtion to what they wanted to accomplish.

Interview Question – What was the percentage of cost savings compared to the overall spend?(for a company that I had not recently worked for)   Answer Question

Worked for Dana Corporation? Contribute to the Community!