Dana-Farber Cancer Institute

2.9

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Bioinformatics Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

Interview process was very hap hazard. The onsite was purely HR but they kept calling again and again with technical questions after the onsite interview.

The only good part was that they make you very comfortable during the interview.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookline, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookline, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in October 2013.

LONG process where I met with many many people, submitted writing samples and answered many questions. Had to meet with occupational health, get a flu shot and give them my very blood. Intense. I was recruited for this job as well so there was another layer of questions on top of their in house process. Took three months to get hired here.

Interview Questions
    • So many questions. I think the most difficult thing was having the endurance to get through the day.   Answer Question

Animal Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in August 2013.

My interviewer first contacted me through email, where she explained the position in detail and set up a phone interview. During the phone interview, which was more difficult than the in person interview, she asked about my past experiences and other questions that seemed unrelated to my current job, such as what was the most admirable thing I've accomplished so far.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate my salary based on my experience, but not as much as I would have liked.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

Good process, clear and fast

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in May 2013.

I went through the following steps:
    1. VERY brief phone interview (more of a conversation really),
    2. interview with department manager and meeting with a few potential co-workers,
    3. Interview with the research nurse,
    4. Interview with 2 doctors - the head of clinical research in my disease center and the head of the disease center as a whole,
    5. Got a happy call from HR.

Interview Questions
    This is an entry level position mainly populated by recent college grads and prospective med/nursing students....not really people in positions to negotiate. Also since its a non-profit I'd guess they have locked in salaries they don't really deviate from.

Clinical Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in February 2012.

I had an initial screening with an HR representative, then a follow-up phone interview with the hiring manager. A week or so later, I was asked to give an in person presentation about a recent project I'd worked. It was about 5-7 slides and lasted about 15-25 minutes, with questions. Then I had individual 1:1 interviews with each person from the panel, each lasting about 20-30 minutes. I was asked about project specific work, as well as some personality questions (i.e., do you think you'd fit in here, etc).

Interview Questions
    Many benefits are set (i.e., vacation time, retirement, etc), however there is room for some salary negotiation.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in February 2012.

The phone interview was standard interview questions. Why do you want to do research? Why do you want to work for Dana-Farber Cancer Institute? What are your career goals? Please describe your past research experience. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • After the description of the position, the interviewer asked if I had any questions   Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in June 2011.

I sent an email inquiry for opportunity and the PI happened to be interested. So I was called for an phone interview after a few email discussion. Then an onsite interview was scheduled before I was hired.

I did not negotiate at all.

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in February 2011.

Initial Contact was per eMail, directly to the supervising PI. The interview consisted of discussions with the PI and meetings with individual members of the group. In addition, a 40min presentation about the PhD project was given with a ensuing discussion. Overall, the interview was very pleasant and felt more like a discussion than a formal interview

Interview Questions
    • presenting work performed in humans, I was asked a lot about mouse models that could mimic the human disease   Answer Question
    not much negotiation, I also applied for a fellowship

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in February 2010.

I interviewed with the PI, gave a talk, and then interview with all the members of the lab. The experience was really good.