Dana-Farber Cancer Institute

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.8

Administrative Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

I applied online and was called for an interview the following week. The interview itself was just one day and done with three individuals: the Program Manager (direct supervisor), the head of the Department, and the current Administrative Specialist. I met with each for about 30 minutes for a series of basic questioning.

Interview Questions
    • They gave me the breakdown of a typical day for the position and asked how I would handle it.   View Answer

Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

After applying online, I received a call from a preliminary interviewer who asked me questions about why I was interested in Dana-Farber. The call lasted 15 minutes or so. The next day I received a call from another interviewer, specific to the position which lasted about 10 minutes. After this I did not hear back and the position showed as filled online.

Interview Questions
    • What was your previous compensation? Were any of your previous positions part time?   Answer Question

Research Fellow/Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

Web job posting, two interviews, unofficial hire, and two months to get through the Harvard beaurocracy. The process wasn't complicated on my end but there were numerous delays with human resources

The offer was more than acceptable.

Principal Research Technician Interview

First talked to the PI over the phone. Then, I was called-in for an in-person interview. This lasted about 25-30 minutes. Towards the end of the interview, I was offered the position. I didn't bargain for a higher salary, because the offered salary was more than what I was currently making. Accepted the position, later that evening one of the lab members called and said that I shouldn't have.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing that I can think of. Interview was fairly simple.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. Just accepted the position.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

I applied through the DCFI human resources website and was contacted for an in person interview with the manager and assistant manager of the clinical research group. After the first round interview, I was invited to return for a second round interview with one of the managers and several of the current CRCs.

Interview Questions
    • Prepare for questions about working as a team and how you deal with challenging people.   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in June 2014.

I learned of the position and submitted the application online at Dana-Farber Careers website. After about three weeks I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes

Bioinformatics Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

Interview process was very hap hazard. The onsite was purely HR but they kept calling again and again with technical questions after the onsite interview.

The only good part was that they make you very comfortable during the interview.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookline, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookline, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in October 2013.

LONG process where I met with many many people, submitted writing samples and answered many questions. Had to meet with occupational health, get a flu shot and give them my very blood. Intense. I was recruited for this job as well so there was another layer of questions on top of their in house process. Took three months to get hired here.

Interview Questions
    • So many questions. I think the most difficult thing was having the endurance to get through the day.   Answer Question

Clinical Administrative Support Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

I was set up with an interview for this position through a staffing agency. The interview itself was very short and dry (the recruiter had told me to expect this, as they frequently conduct "rapid-fire" hiring). The interviewer asked me a few basic questions (why I wanted the position, information about my past employment, etc.), and did not offer much personality to help the interview flow. All in all, the entire thing lasted about 10-15 minutes, and I did not get a very good impression afterwards. I wish the interviewer had taken more time and interest in the interview itself, as I feel the short duration and lackluster questioning played a pretty big role in why it did not go very well.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about what this job entails?   View Answer

Animal Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in August 2013.

My interviewer first contacted me through email, where she explained the position in detail and set up a phone interview. During the phone interview, which was more difficult than the in person interview, she asked about my past experiences and other questions that seemed unrelated to my current job, such as what was the most admirable thing I've accomplished so far.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate my salary based on my experience, but not as much as I would have liked.