Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 1, 2014
21 interviews

2.8

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

I applied through the DCFI human resources website and was contacted for an in person interview with the manager and assistant manager of the clinical research group. After the first round interview, I was invited to return for a second round interview with one of the managers and several of the current CRCs.

Interview Questions
    • Prepare for questions about working as a team and how you deal with challenging people.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brookline, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookline, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in October 2013.

LONG process where I met with many many people, submitted writing samples and answered many questions. Had to meet with occupational health, get a flu shot and give them my very blood. Intense. I was recruited for this job as well so there was another layer of questions on top of their in house process. Took three months to get hired here.

Interview Questions
    • So many questions. I think the most difficult thing was having the endurance to get through the day.   Answer Question

Animal Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in August 2013.

My interviewer first contacted me through email, where she explained the position in detail and set up a phone interview. During the phone interview, which was more difficult than the in person interview, she asked about my past experiences and other questions that seemed unrelated to my current job, such as what was the most admirable thing I've accomplished so far.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate my salary based on my experience, but not as much as I would have liked.

Clinical Research Coordinator II Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in December 2012.

The interview process was pretty traditional. I had a phone screen followed by an in-person interview. They asked basic questions regarding my experiences listed on my resume and my knowledge with research and patient contact/

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in February 2011.

Initial Contact was per eMail, directly to the supervising PI. The interview consisted of discussions with the PI and meetings with individual members of the group. In addition, a 40min presentation about the PhD project was given with a ensuing discussion. Overall, the interview was very pleasant and felt more like a discussion than a formal interview

Interview Questions
    • presenting work performed in humans, I was asked a lot about mouse models that could mimic the human disease   Answer Question
    not much negotiation, I also applied for a fellowship

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in May 2013.

I went through the following steps:
    1. VERY brief phone interview (more of a conversation really),
    2. interview with department manager and meeting with a few potential co-workers,
    3. Interview with the research nurse,
    4. Interview with 2 doctors - the head of clinical research in my disease center and the head of the disease center as a whole,
    5. Got a happy call from HR.

Interview Questions
    This is an entry level position mainly populated by recent college grads and prospective med/nursing students....not really people in positions to negotiate. Also since its a non-profit I'd guess they have locked in salaries they don't really deviate from.

Bioinformatics Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

Interview process was very hap hazard. The onsite was purely HR but they kept calling again and again with technical questions after the onsite interview.

The only good part was that they make you very comfortable during the interview.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in February 2010.

I interviewed with the PI, gave a talk, and then interview with all the members of the lab. The experience was really good.

Departmental Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in December 2009.

I was called in by the department director for a personal interview. I also met with individual that I would be replacing and training me. I was given a tour of the department and a lengthy interview.

Interview Questions
    • "Will you be able to effectively manage the excessive needs of this department while being a single mother?"   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The salary offered was the only offer I would receive.

Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in July 2013.

Applied online through the Dana website. Hiring manager contacted me two days later requesting more information. I checked in a week later, and was told they were beginning to schedule phone screens. The next three weeks there were many delays in e-mail communication, but finally an introduction meeting was made. Spent about an hour reviewing my resume and details of the position.
    The next week I was asked to send in samples of my work, and the week after that we scheduled an interview. So, six weeks after initial contact I spent the day on site interviewing. I had 7 one hour sessions with 8 different people, it was an extremely long day. Overall I felt that the day went extremely well, and I was very much interested in the position.
    This was when the already lengthy process got much longer. I was told it would be two weeks until they made a decision, so when two weeks went by and I had not heard from them I checked in. I was told they needed more time. Keeping the door open, I checked in with them every two weeks, typically not receiving a response to my e-mails. The responses I did receive told me to continue checking in. This was until finally, 10 weeks after interviewing on site, and a total of four months after initially applying to the job.
    Dana-Farber sounded like a terrific place to work while I was there, but when I was not the lack of communication did not make it a disappointment to receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • If you could create your own hospital, what would it look like?   Answer Question

Worked for Dana-Farber Cancer Institute? Contribute to the Community!