Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.9

Physicist/Scientist II (Imaging) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA).

Interview

Initial Phone interview followed by on-site interview. Was not reimbursed for travel/lodging.
    Everyone was very courteous and nice. I gave a 30 min talk which was very well received, followed by individual interviews lasting 30 mins each. There were a couple of group sessions as well.
    The group consisted of mostly young and friendly professionals - a good environment to be in.
    I had a good feeling I was a favored candidate for the position and everything went perfectly.

Interview Questions

• What is your salary expectation?   1 Answer

Scheduler Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

Interview

I got the interview through my staffing agency and went in right away. I was interviewed by two people at the same time. They asked mostly simple questions about why I was interested in the job, my prior experience, and how I would respond to working directly with cancer patients.They talked to me just as much as I talked to them during the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe a situation where I made an angry customer happy (something along the lines of that).   Answer Question

Administrative Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

Interview

I applied online and was called for an interview the following week. The interview itself was just one day and done with three individuals: the Program Manager (direct supervisor), the head of the Department, and the current Administrative Specialist. I met with each for about 30 minutes for a series of basic questioning.

Interview Questions

• They gave me the breakdown of a typical day for the position and asked how I would handle it.   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

Interview

After applying online, I received a call from a preliminary interviewer who asked me questions about why I was interested in Dana-Farber. The call lasted 15 minutes or so. The next day I received a call from another interviewer, specific to the position which lasted about 10 minutes. After this I did not hear back and the position showed as filled online.

Interview Questions

• What was your previous compensation? Were any of your previous positions part time?   Answer Question

Research Fellow/Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

Interview

Web job posting, two interviews, unofficial hire, and two months to get through the Harvard beaurocracy. The process wasn't complicated on my end but there were numerous delays with human resources

Negotiation

The offer was more than acceptable.

Principal Research Technician Interview

Interview

First talked to the PI over the phone. Then, I was called-in for an in-person interview. This lasted about 25-30 minutes. Towards the end of the interview, I was offered the position. I didn't bargain for a higher salary, because the offered salary was more than what I was currently making. Accepted the position, later that evening one of the lab members called and said that I shouldn't have.

Interview Questions

• Nothing that I can think of. Interview was fairly simple.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. Just accepted the position.

Clinical Administrative Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

All in all took about a week. Applied online and was called a couple days later by HR. They set up the interview and I went in to meet with the Hiring Manager. After a couple days, I was called and offered the job! Such a great place!

Interview Questions

• "How do you handle yourself in high pressure situations?"   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

Interview

I applied through the DCFI human resources website and was contacted for an in person interview with the manager and assistant manager of the clinical research group. After the first round interview, I was invited to return for a second round interview with one of the managers and several of the current CRCs.

Interview Questions

• Prepare for questions about working as a team and how you deal with challenging people.   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in June 2014.

Interview

I learned of the position and submitted the application online at Dana-Farber Careers website. After about three weeks I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes

CRC Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Invited for interview

One interview with manager and assistant manager
    Discussed experience and my career goals
    Asked many questions about the position and the ins and outs of clinical research

Second round interview with manager and three current CRCs
    Discussed how I deal with challenges and organizational skills