Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.9

Human Research Coordinator Interview

Interview

The process took some time since the Human Research Department did their own hiring process. I applied online and a few weeks later was contacted for an in-person interview. The interview was pretty easy and relaxed and everyone there is extremely friendly. Despite being one of the top three candidates, I did not receive an offer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA).

Interview

I was contacted directly by the hiring manager and not HR. I was contacted via email and not via phone. The interviewer spent a LOT of time talking, more than necessary. She explained the entire job description very thoroughly both other the phone and in person. The in person interview was about an hour of 1:1 conversation surrounding my skills and experience. She did follow a template of interview questions and took notes throughout.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable working with individuals that may lose their battle with cancer?   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (New York, NY).

Interview

I was emailed to have a 15-30 minute phone interview for a Research Technician position. It took about ten days for me to hear back from them. Instead of Human Resources contacting me, the Research fellow contacted me directly via email for a phone interview. We set up the interview on the day of contact. It was a thorough interview, asking questions on lab techniques and standard "where do you see yourself in four years?" and "what are your two greatest weaknesses?".

Senior Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA).

Interview

Involved a brief phone interview and was then invited for a face-to-face interview. I received great feedback and submitted my references the next week. A month later and I have heard absolutely nothing from DFCI and I have pretty much given up. After trying for 5 months to get a position and getting very little contact I am not encouraged by their process at all.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. Why I wanted the position. A lot of details about my previous job and how I could apply that knowledge.   Answer Question

Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA).

Interview

Really wonderful interview process. Did phone interview with recruiter and then two in person rounds with hiring manager and other members of the team. Everyone was prepared, professional, and very kind. One of the most well thought out interviews I've done. They didn't try to make it difficult- if you are qualified for the position and your experience is a match, you should do fine.

New Patient Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

The people at Dana- Farber want to make you feel good. The whole process of the in person interview was pain less. Most of the question were very straight forward. The question were very must about how you would deal the different kinds of patients.

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online through Dana-Farber job system. Then It took about 1 week for processing. I got email to set up call interview with the PI. I did not get offered for the on-site interview.

Physicist/Scientist II (Imaging) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA).

Interview

Initial Phone interview followed by on-site interview. Was not reimbursed for travel/lodging. Everyone was very courteous and nice. I gave a 30 min talk which was very well received, followed by individual interviews lasting 30 mins each. There were a couple of group sessions as well. The group consisted of mostly young and friendly professionals - a good environment to be in. I had a good feeling I was a favored candidate for the position and everything went perfectly.

Interview Questions

• What is your salary expectation?   1 Answer

Scheduler Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

Interview

I got the interview through my staffing agency and went in right away. I was interviewed by two people at the same time. They asked mostly simple questions about why I was interested in the job, my prior experience, and how I would respond to working directly with cancer patients.They talked to me just as much as I talked to them during the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe a situation where I made an angry customer happy (something along the lines of that).   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

Interview

I applied online and was called for an interview the following week. The interview itself was just one day and done with three individuals: the Program Manager (direct supervisor), the head of the Department, and the current Administrative Specialist. I met with each for about 30 minutes for a series of basic questioning.

Interview Questions

• They gave me the breakdown of a typical day for the position and asked how I would handle it.   1 Answer