Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.9

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (New York, NY).

Interview

I was emailed to have a 15-30 minute phone interview for a Research Technician position. It took about ten days for me to hear back from them. Instead of Human Resources contacting me, the Research fellow contacted me directly via email for a phone interview. We set up the interview on the day of contact. It was a thorough interview, asking questions on lab techniques and standard "where do you see yourself in four years?" and "what are your two greatest weaknesses?".

Senior Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA).

Interview

Involved a brief phone interview and was then invited for a face-to-face interview. I received great feedback and submitted my references the next week. A month later and I have heard absolutely nothing from DFCI and I have pretty much given up. After trying for 5 months to get a position and getting very little contact I am not encouraged by their process at all.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. Why I wanted the position. A lot of details about my previous job and how I could apply that knowledge.   Answer Question

Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA).

Interview

Really wonderful interview process. Did phone interview with recruiter and then two in person rounds with hiring manager and other members of the team. Everyone was prepared, professional, and very kind. One of the most well thought out interviews I've done. They didn't try to make it difficult- if you are qualified for the position and your experience is a match, you should do fine.

New Patient Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

The people at Dana- Farber want to make you feel good. The whole process of the in person interview was pain less. Most of the question were very straight forward. The question were very must about how you would deal the different kinds of patients.

Clinical Administrative Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

They didn't get back to me until almost a month after I applied, but since then it's gone very quickly. I had a telephone interview with an HR rep first. Then I had an interview with two HR reps, and the hiring manager for the clinic I'll work in on one day, then came back two days later to interview with my direct supervisor and a future coworker. (It was 3 interviews with a total of 5 people for one position.) A few hours after my last interview, I got a call from HR offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a patient who had traveled a long way to come to an appointment but didn't actually have anything booked in the system?   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online through Dana-Farber job system. Then It took about 1 week for processing. I got email to set up call interview with the PI. I did not get offered for the on-site interview.

Physicist/Scientist II (Imaging) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA).

Interview

Initial Phone interview followed by on-site interview. Was not reimbursed for travel/lodging. Everyone was very courteous and nice. I gave a 30 min talk which was very well received, followed by individual interviews lasting 30 mins each. There were a couple of group sessions as well. The group consisted of mostly young and friendly professionals - a good environment to be in. I had a good feeling I was a favored candidate for the position and everything went perfectly.

Interview Questions

• What is your salary expectation?   1 Answer

Scheduler Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

Interview

I got the interview through my staffing agency and went in right away. I was interviewed by two people at the same time. They asked mostly simple questions about why I was interested in the job, my prior experience, and how I would respond to working directly with cancer patients.They talked to me just as much as I talked to them during the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe a situation where I made an angry customer happy (something along the lines of that).   Answer Question

Administrative Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

Interview

I applied online and was called for an interview the following week. The interview itself was just one day and done with three individuals: the Program Manager (direct supervisor), the head of the Department, and the current Administrative Specialist. I met with each for about 30 minutes for a series of basic questioning.

Interview Questions

• They gave me the breakdown of a typical day for the position and asked how I would handle it.   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

Interview

After applying online, I received a call from a preliminary interviewer who asked me questions about why I was interested in Dana-Farber. The call lasted 15 minutes or so. The next day I received a call from another interviewer, specific to the position which lasted about 10 minutes. After this I did not hear back and the position showed as filled online.

Interview Questions

• What was your previous compensation? Were any of your previous positions part time?   Answer Question