Danaher

Getting the Interview

25 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Learning and Development Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Danaher.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen. Weeks without hearing. Hiring manager contact with phone interview. Weeks passed then email asking if I was serious about the job. I answered. Relocation was an issue that was addressed. Then was passed to another hiring manager for a different job which I did not know existed. Interviewed with that individual. That individual indicated that I would be targeted for that job not the other job. Scheduled to meet for a face-to-face. That moved three times. Finally met and instead of five people met with the two hiring managers that I had interviewed with on the phone. The first hiring manager interviewed and began asking if I understood both jobs. Apparently the two had not discussed which role that I had come to discuss. The interview questions were about the job that I was no longer interested in or traveled to discuss. In addition they were questions that were discussed three months prior. He was rude and unprofessional.

Interview Question – Unexpected...all of them since the role was not what I came to interview/discuss.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Vice President Human Resources Interview

Vice President Human Resources
Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Danaher in January 2010.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by a head hunter who did the initial interview. a couple of weeks later I did a phone screen with an HR person who did a very extensive hour+ interview over the phone. The process was 100% focused on what she was looking for and 0% focused on what I wanted to know as a candidate. Two months passed with no word from the company and the head hunter called me on a Thursday evening and asked if I could interview all day that Saturday. The logistics where fine. I met with about 5 people and the experience was like one long interrogation. Sharp pointed questions followed by a ridiculous level of detailed follow up questions (as if trying to "catch me" on some inconsistency). Another month passed with no feedback. Then I get a call from the headhunter who said that they want me to meet their industrial psychologist for several hours at an airport conference room. I met with the guy and he was all business. Ran me through a bunch of gmat-like questions, psychological tests, an in-depth interview. Another month then I was asked to come back and interview with some of the same people asking the same questions. I ended up going back a total of 4 times before they started talking about offer. Not a lot of "selling" through out the process.

Interview Question – Psychologist asked me - about my relationship with my mother and father growing up. What was I like in 1st grade. All interviewers asked - tell me about your three biggest failures in life. Why did I fail and what did I learn? Walk me through your thinking and analysis for a bad decision you made.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Remain Private Interview

Interviewed at Danaher

Interview Details – Very drawn out. I have never interviewed with a company who expected you to devote 4-5 hours filling out an online personality assessment and online job interview. This was all expected after sending a resume and having multiple phone interviews. This all happened PRIOR to an on site interview. Didn't leave me with a good first impression. Pretty high expectations for someone who is simply interviewing!

Interview Question – I had no issue with the types of questions, only with the assumption that a candidate can devote all of that time prior to even having a no site interview.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

Interviewed at Danaher

Interview Details – fair interview process. very direct and to the point. seems they were looking for specific type of worker. all in all, good interview process because both interviewer and interviewee get a better feel for each other.

Interview Question – why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Human Resources Internship Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Danaher in October 2013.

Interview Details – Behavior Questions & Conversational

Interview Question – What if all the tasks that you were given were important, how would you figure out what to do?   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Danaher.

Interview Details – I came in for two interviews each time I met with two individuals in the accounting department.

Interview Question – Asked specific accounting knowledge questions and behavioral questions on how I would handle different types of scenerios.   Answer Question

BOLD Leadership Development Program Interview

College Park, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Danaher in March 2013.

Interview Details – -Applied online through University hiring website
-Spoke with recruiter at campus career fair
- Scheduled an on campus interview for the very next day
-Interviewed with panel of 3 current employees (one hiring manager and two recent employees from the program
-All questions were pretty straight forward situational questions based on team and leadership experiences

Very Difficult Interview

Vice President Interview

Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Danaher in May 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the operating business, one full day, 5 senior people -- seemed reasonable. Interviewed with Corporate -- they are very strange. (a) Psychological evaluation for 4 hours, including testing. (b) Left waiting in conf room for 2 hours. (c) One interviewer refused to do the interview at HQ (did in coffee shop nearby), other two required use of HQ. (d) Aggressive (unpleasant?) first interview -- possibly intentionally misunderstanding CV and my statements?

Interview Question – Why should I believe this [data point, claim] on your CV?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Strangely cult-like culture at Corporate

BOLD Program Interview

Interviewed at Danaher

Interview Details – Interview was very straightforward. Start with a few quick points about why you are interested in the BOLD Program position at Danaher then moving on to about 3 basic behavioral questions. I would suggest going through their website before-hand and making sure you are familiar with their culture and which path in the BOLD program you are interested in.

Interview Question – there were no tricky questions   Answer Question

MBA Marketing Intern Interview

Washington, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Danaher in February 2012.

Interview Details – Applied via campus (resume and cover letter). Interviews happened on campus also. Two interviews (Behavioral / deep breakdown of resume).
In general, interviews were ok. The company was interested in knowing my experiences and myself really well, not to put me into an uncomfortable position.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to face an ethical issue and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Danaher? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Danaher interview questions and advice. All 25 interview reviews posted anonymously by Danaher employees and interview candidates.