Danaher Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

3.2

Finance Interview Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Danaher in June 2015.

Interview

Very behavioral / situational based. Interview did not focus on how you could actually do the job. Met with a broad team and many interviewers asked the same questions as the previous interviewer. Come prepared to answer how you handle conflicts, organizing yourself, a struggle you overcame. Remember to provide real life examples and outcomes.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Danaher.

Interview

Interviewed with 10 people in 3 different states over the span of 4 weeks, some multiple times. Completed nine hours of psychological testing. It was an exhausting process and indicative of the amount of effort required when hired.

Interview Questions

• Examples of stretch goals that you hit or exceeded - or if you missed, why?   Answer Question

Interview

Back-to-back interview, you have to do interview with two recruiters one by one. The first one asks you the general behavior questions, the second will ask you questions based on your resume. The second recruiter will pick some interesting points from the resume and ask you to describe them. Those recruiters are generous and make you feel good in the interview.

Interview Questions

• General behavior questions. One tricky one is tell me about a time when you were criticized but in fact you did not deserve it.   Answer Question

BOLD Collegiate Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Danaher.

Interview

Candidates from my university were flown down to the plant location for a final round interview for 2 days. The first night had a dinner, reviewing the company and the Danaher Business System (DBS) with a meet and greet. Great overview. The next day was about 4 hours of interviews with 5 different interviewers. The interviews were pretty high level - not technical. Basic questions about work ethic and vision of your career. Everyone was really nice!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why Danaher?   Answer Question
    • What was the question you were asked?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Danaher.

Interview

Very conversational - typical behavioral questions Had 2 rounds of interview - 1 with HR, other with a technical person tell me about yourself walk me through your resume location flexibility? Why this company?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to change the course of action.   Answer Question

BOLD Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Danaher.

Interview

Very easy conversation with the recruiter and very straight forward. Only a few basic situational based interview questions. Be aware that there are many different places you can be placed and you are asked if you are willing to relocated because of this.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had issues with some one you worked with.   Answer Question

Danaher Business Systems Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Danaher (West Lafayette, IN).

Interview

I spoke with them at the career fair and got an initial interview on campus. The questions were all behavioral and towards the end they ask some tricky ones. I then received a call saying that I got an onsite interview. My self and 49 other potential full-time hires stayed in hotel for three days. The first day was just networking and getting to know the 6 op-co's. The second day was a plant tour of Beckman Coulter facility and a more drawn out information session of the op-co's. On the last day there was only one 50 minute interview with two employers. All in all they treated all of the candidates exceptional well throughout the whole entire process and were extremely professional.

Interview Questions

• After my interview I was sent a 100 question personality test and a pretty challenging logical test. The logical test was just shapes and patterns and you have to figure out the sequence. They did not notify us at all that we would have to do take those tests.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Danaher.

Interview

Got the interview by applying through my university's career services website. Had an in person interview and Skype interview on the same day. Each were one on one interviews. They asked typical behavioral questions. They also asked about how you got interested in the field and what attracted you to the company and position.

Interview Questions

• Added a fun random question relating to how well you think on your feet.   Answer Question

BOLD Interview

Interview

I applied to the position online through my school's job posting site. I was immediately invited to a bar/grill on campus for an informal meet and greet. There were representatives there answering general questions. I was called that night to set up an interview for the following day. The interview consisted of mostly behavioral questions and was fairly simple. About a week later I was invited to a second round interview on site. This interview was simple and very informal. It was more to match the candidate with the employer as there were 3 candidates and 3 hiring managers. From there I was extended a 12 week offer about two weeks later.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Danaher in November 2014.

Interview

Danaher does on campus recruiting for MBAs from my business school. I spoke with their HR/recruiting staff, attended their briefing, and a company reception. After discussing the General Manager (GM) Development Program with their staff, I submitted my resume and cover letter to my school's job board and I landed a first round interview. I had 2 interviewers, one from HR and another was a recent alum from my business school. Prior to the interview they made me take a very ambiguous online personality test. About two weeks after the first round interview, I was invited to a final round interview at one of their Operating Companies (OpCos as they like to call them) in Chicago. The final round was 3 back to back behavioral interviews with senior leaders of their OpCos (VP level and above), followed by lunch, and a tour of the OpCo and demonstration of the Danaher Business System (DBS). The interview questions in the final round were similar to the first round but the senior managers were more aggressive about finding out specific details in my past work experience.

Interview Questions

• Vast majority of the questions are behavioral and decision making. Tell me about a time when you had to motivate someone you didn't have authority over, what was your most significant accomplishment in your previous job, etc. They are also looking for a very well thought out answer to "Why do you want to work for Danaher?"   Answer Question

It was a tough decision, considering how strong Danaher's development program is for MBAs and their compensation package, but I got another offer from a company that I wanted to work for.