Danaher

25 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Danaher in February 2011.

Interview Details – The process followed the normal fare. I interviewed with the supervisor, HR and some technical folks. Conspicuous by its absence was an opportunity to interview with my supervisor's manager. I got the impression that he didn't care, and this was confirmed after I was hired. It takes a special person to work for these folks... because you are expendable. This is a cold-hearted, numbers-driven company, and they're OK if no current employees know how their equipment works.

Interview Question – Nine years earlier, why did you leave employer X?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tedious, because they are very tight-fisted. A successful negotiation will prove to be a hollow victory, because you'll be offered up as a sacrifice to corporate as soon as the project is over.

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Radford, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Danaher in November 2011.

Interview Details – Group interview, lasted all day.

Interview Question – What do you not want to do?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

MBA Program Interview

MBA Program
Boulder, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Danaher in January 2011.

Interview Details – - Creepy personality Test which took forever
- 4 one-on-one interviews once they fly you out to one of the portfolio companies
- Looking for "strength of character" or "mettle" or something like that. Basically, VERY important to provide a story (or several) or a time when you did something very unpopular because you had to or it was right. They want to make sure you'll be able to fire employees if you need to.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you did something unpopular?   View Answer

Manufacturing Engineering Intern Interview

Manufacturing Engineering Intern
Elizabethtown, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Danaher in November 2009.

Interview Details – phone interview then site interview

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to lead a group?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Richardson, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Danaher in October 2009.

Interview Details – Danaher conducts the interview process with a high level of professionalism. After being selected for an interview and the date is selected Danaher takes care of booking all of the candidates travel and accomodations for the visit. The interview consisted of one on one interviews with human resources and senior management and a group interview with middle management. Senior Managment appeared to be extremely motivated and exited about the long term opportunities at Danaher.

Interview Questions

• What would be your first actions to build your team and department?   Answer Question
  • What qualities to you feel make you the best fit for Danaher over other candidates?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The company was ultimately not able to put together a competative offer. Benefits such as 401k and vacation are not competative with what other companies in the industry offer.

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
Hamburg (Germany)

I interviewed at Danaher in March 2010.

Interview Details – Number of ad-hoc chats with different layers of management. Overpromising. Made very flambuoyant statements about how important was the job and how Danaher could fast track my career. Core Danaher values and little insight on the exact job. I did not know that things could be so volatile afterwards. Shoud have guessed.

Interview Question – Are you process driven and if so what do you think is the biggest advantadge?   Answer Question

BOLD Program Interview

BOLD Program

Interviewed at Danaher

Interview Details – Behavioral questions, asked if I was willing to relocate, what I knew about the company and program

Interview Question – Name a time you failed and what did you do   Answer Question

Materials Manager Interview

Materials Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Danaher.

Interview Details – Phone screen covering general background followed by two rounds in person focusing on behavioral questions and technical aptitude.

Interview Question – What does "lean" mean to you/   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little room to negotiate. Have your expectations set going in.

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Zibo (China)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Danaher in January 2010.

Interview Details – Ok process

Interview Question – Why do want leave current company   View Answer

Reason for Declining – No fitting position

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Product Marketing Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Danaher in March 2011.

Interview Details – Phone Interview :: HR, normal behavioral
Phone Interview:: Divisional President , behavioral and past experience
1:1 Interview :: 3 Interviews VP's on behavioral and past experience. 1 mini case lots of leadership questions. Decent MBA behavioral Interview

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Location was in a remote town, I had better offers as well.