Danaher

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

3.1

Human Resources Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Danaher in October 2013.

Behavior Questions & Conversational

Interview Questions
    • What if all the tasks that you were given were important, how would you figure out what to do?   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Danaher.

I came in for two interviews each time I met with two individuals in the accounting department.

Interview Questions
    • Asked specific accounting knowledge questions and behavioral questions on how I would handle different types of scenerios.   Answer Question

BOLD Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Danaher in March 2013.

-Applied online through University hiring website
    -Spoke with recruiter at campus career fair
    - Scheduled an on campus interview for the very next day
    -Interviewed with panel of 3 current employees (one hiring manager and two recent employees from the program
    -All questions were pretty straight forward situational questions based on team and leadership experiences

BOLD Program Interview

Interview was very straightforward. Start with a few quick points about why you are interested in the BOLD Program position at Danaher then moving on to about 3 basic behavioral questions. I would suggest going through their website before-hand and making sure you are familiar with their culture and which path in the BOLD program you are interested in.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Danaher in May 2012.

Interviewed with the operating business, one full day, 5 senior people -- seemed reasonable. Interviewed with Corporate -- they are very strange. (a) Psychological evaluation for 4 hours, including testing. (b) Left waiting in conf room for 2 hours. (c) One interviewer refused to do the interview at HQ (did in coffee shop nearby), other two required use of HQ. (d) Aggressive (unpleasant?) first interview -- possibly intentionally misunderstanding CV and my statements?

Interview Questions
    • Why should I believe this [data point, claim] on your CV?   View Answer

Strangely cult-like culture at Corporate

MBA Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Danaher in February 2012.

Applied via campus (resume and cover letter). Interviews happened on campus also. Two interviews (Behavioral / deep breakdown of resume).
    In general, interviews were ok. The company was interested in knowing my experiences and myself really well, not to put me into an uncomfortable position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to face an ethical issue and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radford, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radford, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Danaher in November 2011.

Group interview, lasted all day.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Danaher in February 2011.

The process followed the normal fare. I interviewed with the supervisor, HR and some technical folks. Conspicuous by its absence was an opportunity to interview with my supervisor's manager. I got the impression that he didn't care, and this was confirmed after I was hired. It takes a special person to work for these folks... because you are expendable. This is a cold-hearted, numbers-driven company, and they're OK if no current employees know how their equipment works.

Interview Questions
    Tedious, because they are very tight-fisted. A successful negotiation will prove to be a hollow victory, because you'll be offered up as a sacrifice to corporate as soon as the project is over.

MBA Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Danaher in January 2011.

- Creepy personality Test which took forever
    - 4 one-on-one interviews once they fly you out to one of the portfolio companies
    - Looking for "strength of character" or "mettle" or something like that. Basically, VERY important to provide a story (or several) or a time when you did something very unpopular because you had to or it was right. They want to make sure you'll be able to fire employees if you need to.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you did something unpopular?   View Answer

Vice President Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Danaher in January 2010.

Initially contacted by a head hunter who did the initial interview. a couple of weeks later I did a phone screen with an HR person who did a very extensive hour+ interview over the phone. The process was 100% focused on what she was looking for and 0% focused on what I wanted to know as a candidate. Two months passed with no word from the company and the head hunter called me on a Thursday evening and asked if I could interview all day that Saturday. The logistics where fine. I met with about 5 people and the experience was like one long interrogation. Sharp pointed questions followed by a ridiculous level of detailed follow up questions (as if trying to "catch me" on some inconsistency). Another month passed with no feedback. Then I get a call from the headhunter who said that they want me to meet their industrial psychologist for several hours at an airport conference room. I met with the guy and he was all business. Ran me through a bunch of gmat-like questions, psychological tests, an in-depth interview. Another month then I was asked to come back and interview with some of the same people asking the same questions. I ended up going back a total of 4 times before they started talking about offer. Not a lot of "selling" through out the process.

Interview Questions
    • Psychologist asked me - about my relationship with my mother and father growing up. What was I like in 1st grade. All interviewers asked - tell me about your three biggest failures in life. Why did I fail and what did I learn? Walk me through your thinking and analysis for a bad decision you made.   Answer Question
    No negotiation