Danske Bank

Updated Dec 2, 2014
Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.5

Client Service Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Danske Bank.

I applied for the position online, and was invited to a half hour interview a few days later - before the application deadline. The interview was fairly relaxed and straight forward with no curveballs, just talking about the position, my personality, education, what would be expected of me, why I applied, simple hypotheticals etc. I felt the interview went fairly well, but was not surprised when I got a call a week later telling me I would not get the job. However, I received what I considered to be fair and honest feedback and would not hesitate to apply for another position at Danske Bank.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a client had an "outrageous" demand? (Or something to that effect)   Answer Question

IT Developer Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)

Having passed an online test, I was invited for an interview. The candidate group was very small - around 6 people. We had a chance to speak with one of the current trainees, which was very informative. The atmosphere was good and relaxed. The interview was carried out by an HR and a manager. Unfortunately, the HR person was too formal and it seemed like all questions were simply taken from an internet source. Too standard and impersonal. Moreover, it seems that their assessment is based solely on the results of the personality test. In my opinion, this is too oversimplified way of assessing candidates, which doesn't really reveal any personal traits. Dividing people into 3 categories just doesn't work. Plus, people are dynamic by nature and change over time. Anyway, my candidacy was rejected and the feedback I got was not honest. I was told that I lack technical experience (which they did not test at all and I wish that did) and that I am older than other candidates (which means that they didn't even bother to look at my profile before inviting me, not mentioning the age discrimination). Despite their weak hiring practices, I still think Danske Bank would be a good workplace for a graduate.

SERVICE ADVISOR Interview

Applied in February and was interview in March. Took two weeks to hear after interview. Was a friendly relaxed interview. Very pleasant. Competency questions and listening test. Straightforward enough. Also asked what products the company offered. Couldn't start working until May due to exams, which they were fine with. Week long training.

IT Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Danske Bank in June 2013.

I was contacted by Danske Bank and invited to the interview seminar in Copenhagen. There was also provided a link to the personality test, which had to be done in advance, and the logics test was taken at the seminar itself.
    The people were very nice and atmosphere was very warm. The logics test consisted of 50-60 questions (figures) and was 20 minutes long. The interview was very nice, they gave us feedback on both tests and asked about the background.
    I did not get this job, because I did no thave a masters degree (the main requirement). Danske bank invited me to the interview by mistake.

SERVICE ADVISOR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Danske Bank in April 2011.

Filled in downloaded application form and submitted this via email.
    Invited to take numeracy and reasoning tests
    Invited to interview 3 weeks later, 2 people at interview.
    questions included describe your relevant skills for the role and describe a situation where...

Interview Questions
    • name a challenging situation you handled that you were not prepared for.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Danske Bank in April 2011.

Two intevirews, a lot of the process was about knowing the decision makers. Interviews were based on competancies which were disclosed in advance. The interviewers were looking for examples of what I had done in the past but never drilled into my knowledge of what I was speaking about

I had little power so there was little negotiation