Dar Al-Handasah

Updated Aug 22, 2014

2.3

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dar Al-Handasah in July 2014.

2 interview one with the head of the department and one with the HR specialist
    it's very typical ,it's like a discussion about yourself , your future , your family or even your university

Interview Questions
    • a picture of many L2 switches connected to L3 switch and then connected to the internet
      the question is what is the function of this picture ?

Answer Question

Environmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dar Al-Handasah.

I was recruited directly from college based on resume. There was no interview as such. We were the first employees of the Pune office. Thus no interview was made as such and they recruited directly. however, later on there is a panel visiting the campuses for recruitment

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate as it was my first job through campus recruitment

Urban Planner/Designer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dar Al-Handasah.

I got the interview through an employee referral then the interview took place one week later through Skype. It was a video call from the principal office in London and took around 90 mins. The interview was smooth and half the way through it it turned so technical. I had to explain in details what was my tasks which made me feel that they were serious in hiring a person for this position.

I was not offered any package but they kept in touch via emails because it took them around six month to send me an offer. I was interviewed in March and got the offer in September.

Interview Questions
    • Please explain in details your role with your current employer.. Please be very detailed and take us through the project as if your telling a story but not a boring story   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beirut (Lebanon)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dar Al-Handasah.

I applied through the American University of Beirut career center. I was contacted on the phone for an in person interview. I had one single interview with the director of the electrical engineering department, which was mostly about my CV and personal matters, challenging my situation as a women engineer. I was called for a second interview but it turned out to be only an appointment to hand me the contract.

Interview Questions
    • As a woman why do you want to work as an engineer? Won't you resign in a few years to have a family?   Answer Question
    No negotiation possibility. I was only allowed to negotiate my starting date.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dar Al-Handasah.

Applied through Campus Recruitment

Interview Questions
    • Motivation Questions ( Why do you want to join the company and Weaknesses point)   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beirut (Lebanon)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dar Al-Handasah in June 2013.

Two interviews:
    - one interview with either the head of department or the director of the department. You will be asked question such as why are you interested in the firm or what do you know about the domain..
    - second interview with an HR member. You will be asked questions about yourself, your abilities and so.

You only need to know the type of work done in your department and you will be fine.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions only typical questions about your resume and the company's work.   Answer Question
    No negotiation for salary but you can negotiate the starting date.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dar Al-Handasah.

Short list of the candidates was sent to college. Students in that list were directly interviewed.Session was started as short presentations followed by 2 interviews. Nothing much to prepare. General discussion. They will see the person is suitable to company or not. For selecting in electrical department it is seen that student is suitable as electrical engineer or communication engineer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult at all to crack. It is very general discussion. HR interview is just formality.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dar Al-Handasah.

Nothin much, If they called you, more likely they need you. They will take you only when you are satisfied with their less salary related to you experinece years from graduation. if not, they wont have the courtesy of informing you about you not getting selected.

Interview Questions
    • How much salary you expect (from dept HOD, who should actually be concerned about your expertise and not HE related querries.)   View Answer
    no negotiations. its the offer you either accept or decline. After few months, you get to know, that your low salary was the only good part in this company. Everything else is harrasement. good i left.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dar Al-Handasah.

first interview the director left for lunch without notice, no apology nor notice. i left and another interview was re-scheduled, this time he was present. i had two interviews with two different people. very easy interviews, can't say it was difficult.

Project Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dar Al-Handasah.

Phone -One to one interview-Client Approval

Interview Questions
    notice period to be reduced prior to resignation