Dar Al-Handasah

Relevance Date Difficulty

Environmental Engineer Interview

Environmental Engineer
Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dar Al-Handasah.

Interview Details – I was recruited directly from college based on resume. There was no interview as such. We were the first employees of the Pune office. Thus no interview was made as such and they recruited directly. however, later on there is a panel visiting the campuses for recruitment

Interview Question – it was resume based selection   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate as it was my first job through campus recruitment

Urban Planner/Designer Interview

Urban Planner/Designer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Dar Al-Handasah.

Interview Details – I got the interview through an employee referral then the interview took place one week later through Skype. It was a video call from the principal office in London and took around 90 mins. The interview was smooth and half the way through it it turned so technical. I had to explain in details what was my tasks which made me feel that they were serious in hiring a person for this position.

I was not offered any package but they kept in touch via emails because it took them around six month to send me an offer. I was interviewed in March and got the offer in September.

Interview Question – Please explain in details your role with your current employer.. Please be very detailed and take us through the project as if your telling a story but not a boring story   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
Beirut (Lebanon)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dar Al-Handasah.

Interview Details – I applied through the American University of Beirut career center. I was contacted on the phone for an in person interview. I had one single interview with the director of the electrical engineering department, which was mostly about my CV and personal matters, challenging my situation as a women engineer. I was called for a second interview but it turned out to be only an appointment to hand me the contract.

Interview Question – As a woman why do you want to work as an engineer? Won't you resign in a few years to have a family?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possibility. I was only allowed to negotiate my starting date.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Dar Al-Handasah.

Interview Details – Applied through Campus Recruitment

Interview Question – Motivation Questions ( Why do you want to join the company and Weaknesses point)   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Dar Al-Handasah in March 2009.

Interview Details – See requirement on main website of the company other than this hiring always in progress from lebonan, Cairo and Amman offices

Interview Question – Possibilly ask the design based question e.g Mechanical engineers what is pump suction head   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offers are always good to be acceptable

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Beirut (Lebanon)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Dar Al-Handasah in June 2013.

Interview Details – Two interviews:
- one interview with either the head of department or the director of the department. You will be asked question such as why are you interested in the firm or what do you know about the domain..
- second interview with an HR member. You will be asked questions about yourself, your abilities and so.

You only need to know the type of work done in your department and you will be fine.

Interview Question – No difficult questions only typical questions about your resume and the company's work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for salary but you can negotiate the starting date.

Bridge Engineer Interview

Bridge Engineer
‘Umayr, Makkah Province (Saudi Arabia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Dar Al-Handasah in September 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process is based on your connections within the company and the Project Manager of the particular project your are getting hired.
The interview is mostly non-technical and only salary and availability are discussed as you already have been referred by some one.
Anyway the qualification and experience also pays once you get-in there.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving the current employer.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Dar Al-Handasah.

Interview Details – Short list of the candidates was sent to college. Students in that list were directly interviewed.Session was started as short presentations followed by 2 interviews. Nothing much to prepare. General discussion. They will see the person is suitable to company or not. For selecting in electrical department it is seen that student is suitable as electrical engineer or communication engineer.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult at all to crack. It is very general discussion. HR interview is just formality.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Dar Al-Handasah.

Interview Details – Nothin much, If they called you, more likely they need you. They will take you only when you are satisfied with their less salary related to you experinece years from graduation. if not, they wont have the courtesy of informing you about you not getting selected.

Interview Question – How much salary you expect (from dept HOD, who should actually be concerned about your expertise and not HE related querries.)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiations. its the offer you either accept or decline. After few months, you get to know, that your low salary was the only good part in this company. Everything else is harrasement. good i left.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Beirut (Lebanon)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Dar Al-Handasah in June 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for the position by applying online and attaching my CV. I got a phone call then an interview. I was asked in the interview about basic "mechanics of materials" questions concerning water-soil interaction. In addition, I was asked about ways to accomodate the engineering projects according to the clients.

Interview Question – How can severe force field affect the ground composition?   Answer Question

Worked for Dar Al-Handasah? Contribute to the Community!