Darden

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Busser

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Darden in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and a few days later they sent me an email telling me to call the manager within the next two days. I called them a day later and set up an interview. When I arrived at the interview, the manager admitted he didn't even have time to review my application so he did it in front of me. He seemed nice and confident until he asked me what I'm doing for work now. I said Nothing this would be my first job. He said because of my experience and their budget they wouldn't be able to train me.

Very Easy Interview

Beavercreek, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Darden in January 2008.

Interview Details – I was referred by a good friend, my interview was basically a sit down with the manager to explain when I was available, etc.

Interview Question – When is your availability?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, the only thing you can do there is get in good with the scheduling manager so you get the money shifts.

Busser

The process took a day - interviewed at Darden in May 2007.

Interview Details – Simply walked into the restaurant and spoke with a manager about any openings he had. He told me about the position, the company, and had me fill out an application on the spot. I hadn't even been the restaurant business before, so I asked him what a fair wage for a busser was and he told me one. I added a quarter to what he said, and was hired at my price. The actual interview consisted just of some softball, easy questions. Spoke one on one with two different managers, and they offered the job to me after the second manager spoke to me. They did call a reference I put down on my application while the second manager was interviewing me, so be ready to give a number for someone who'll give you a good reference.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a busser?   View Answer

Interviewed at Darden

Interview Details – I applied and was called in to interview within a week. The interview lasted almost an hour where I was asked a series of questions regarding my customer service background and education. I was given a personality test and told I would be hearing from them. I was called within a week and offered to start training the next day.

Interview Question – I was asked if I was organized and what I do to stay organized.   View Answer

Worked for Darden? Contribute to the Community!