Darden

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Food Server Interview

Kennesaw, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Darden in November 2012.

Interview Details – Filled out interview online, and got an email next day. Went in for interview with 2nd tier manager. It went well, and I could tell she thought so. I was called back for a second interview with the general manager, who was curt and downright rude. Maybe it was her idea of a test to see if I can deal with cranky hungry people, but hungry people don't go in for direct attacks. All her job rated questions had to do with how much I know about alchohol.

Interview Question – She flipped through my resume, and sneered at my most recent job, at a wilderness camp, saying it wasn't much of a job at all. You know how jobs are - the title doesn't give the story. This was a job with enormous responsibility - for giving people a good time, for keeping the area maintained, for performing a nightly monologue, and for literally keeping the guests alive. One of my duties was manning a first aid station that frequently handles life threatening emergencies. And she called it a fluff job. What do you say after that?

She said they'd be in touch within 2 days I phoned on the third and was told, very abruptly that I didn't get the job.

My mom has owned a business and said the comments and questions were unprofesiional and hostile. And she said that the correct thing to do when you tell someone you aren't hiring them, is to give them some constructive reason - something they can work on improving ( for example, get some wine experience and try again in a year) rather than speak to them as if they were garbage. She always tried to think of other places that might be a better fit, too. I think Olive Garden would be a good fit for me, but I'm very glad not to be working under such an unhappy, insecure woman.
  View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Darden

Worked for Darden? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Darden Food Server interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Darden employees and interview candidates.