Darden Hostess Interview Questions

2.3

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Darden in February 2012.

I underwent 2 separate interviews with the bar manager and the general manager. I was told that I was interviewing for a bartending position. However, I was told at the end of the second interview that the whole process was actually for a server, not a bar tending position. It would have been more professional and considerate to inform the interviewee that they were changing the job title before the second interview occurred.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if the POS system broke down and no payments we're able to be completed?   Answer Question

I was under the impression that I was interviewing for a bartender position but they informed me at the time of the offer that it was changed to a server position without informing me prior to the interviews.

Other Interview Reviews for Darden

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Darden.

Super easy.I had already been renewing my application because the first time they called, I couldn't make it to the interview so I applied again one night and I got a call the next day. Went in to wait for the interview, there were others there. The first was with the assistant manager; super chill. Pretty much just general questions, what kind of experience do you have, why Olive Garden, questions about how you would respond to certain situations. Then got a "peer interview" with one of the servers that's been there for a while. The Assistant manager told me to come back in two days for an interview with the GM. Same situation and questions pretty much.Talked to a current hostess. GM came back and said she wanted to hire me :)

Interview Questions
    Both interviews asked how much pay i'm looking for. I shot for like minimum wage in my state because I was desperate for a job but the AM said 8.25. But then the GM said only 8.00 because I didn't have previous experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Darden in August 2012.

there is usually two interviews its going to take about a month before you can actually start working.

Interview Questions
    i had the opportunity to negotiate salary, always always always ask before you accept

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Darden in January 2010.

The interview questions were very basic. Why Darden? What kind of jobs have you had in the past? Are you a student? The personality test was painfully long.

Hostess Interview

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Darden in January 2008.

One on one interview with one of the "Lead" servers. Very casual, read questions from a script. "Do you have transportation to and from work?" stuff like that.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation for pay. The general manager just said "We'll give you ___" and I said thank you.

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Darden in November 2009.

I applied in person, got a call from them about a week later. I had 2 interviews - first with sales manager, then with general manager. First interview was about 10-15 minutes, he asked me about my previous experience quickly went through the job duties and policies. The interview with GM was also short (about 15 minutes maybe), she asked a few personal questions and offered to answer any questions that i might have. She told me right there that i got a job

Interview Questions
    • Why did you decide to quit your previous job as hostess?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Darden in August 2008.

the hiring process can take one to three days. mine only took one day because i came in in between two to four and all the managers were there. alll of them asked the questions that they wanted to know about job history behavior and future behavior and then tell you about the job and make you an offer.

Interview Questions
    • what did you like and dislike about your previous job?   View Answer

Worked for Darden? Contribute to the Community!