Darden

Updated Nov 23, 2014
Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.3

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Darden.

Typical hurry up and wait process 50 phone calls and emails back and forth, set up drug testing for you as far away from your location as could possible be.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do? answer it then have the interviewer add to the scenario answer that them throw something else into it.   Answer Question
    no negotiations gave me more that I asked for

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Darden.

I met great and friendly people and everyone seemed happy to be here. The team of people were very professional and made me feel welcome. The culture of the panel of interviewers across the enterprise was very diverse and helped me make my decision to be part of the Darden family. So many amazing leaders but what stuck out to me was the amount of women in leadership positions. It was encouraging and promising for a future here at Darden. I am blessed and grateful to have had the opportunity to be part of such great teams and build long lasting friendships.

Back Up Chef Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Darden.

If Chosen through three interview then you were hired. First is more of your background and first impression. The second more of experience and talents. Lastly your commitment to the job and negotiations.

Manager Interview

interviewed with other GMs and an HR person. I was promoted from within and knew the right people. Outsiders don't fit in very well when they are hired. You should really understand all of the positions before you should manage here. Outside managers are not as successful. Even though I would love to see outside influence within the company.

Server/Certified Trainer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Darden.

The initial interview is online - very detailed questionnaire that covers everything work scenarios, both job-related and social. The second interview is conducted with a manager on-site. You will get a tour of the building with another employee and have opportunities to see the work environment and ask any other questions you may have. The employee also fills out a form on the first impression that they had of you, so there are a total of three components evaluated before the extension of an actual job offer is made.

Interview Questions
    • I believe the most difficult thing in any restaurant is the availability of one's schedule - if that does not match up with the restaurant's needs, then there is almost no point.   Answer Question

Certified Trainer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Darden.

Application completed online. I was emailed within 24 hours to call for an interview. My Interview was scheduled within a week of my application. I was interviewed by the service manager. He asked me why I was I moved to town? What time frame did I see myself working with the company? What are my future goals? I was asked to fill out an availiabilty form and my orientation date was given.

Interview Questions
    • Why would I make a good darden employee?   View Answer

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Darden.

The hiring and interview process was very professional. Long in depth process but was well worth the time. There were many phone calls and emails over the weeks. In addition, the recruiter was very knowledgeable about her job and helped make it all smooth. All in all, I highly recommend this company.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to leave your current job?   View Answer
    It was a bit long but when the offer was made I was happy to know that the company tried very hard to meet my needs to make me feel comfortable about switching positions.

Server, Catering Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Darden.

Up front with questions that deserve truthful answers. Ask about my expectations. Do I want to grow with co? Do you have a family? Do realize what passion about this job?

Interview Questions
    • why did you leave darden after 21 years?   View Answer

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Darden.

Was contacted by a staffing agency. Got a phone interview (very technical) and then an in person interview with HR tests and talking with different people in the team. I was impressed everybody seemed very nice.

Waitress Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Darden.

Interviewed with each manager before being hired. Also took a personality quiz.

no it was standard wage for a waitress. Tips are good though.