Darden Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2014
Updated Sep 2, 2014

2.3

Waitress Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Darden in May 2011.

apply online, got called the next day. had two interviews with two different managers, then i interviewed with the general manager, then you train, have to learn too much then you can start

Interview Questions
    • the hardest question was how long did you plan to stay. pretty easy   View Answer
    none

Back Up Chef Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Darden.

If Chosen through three interview then you were hired. First is more of your background and first impression. The second more of experience and talents. Lastly your commitment to the job and negotiations.

Manager Interview

interviewed with other GMs and an HR person. I was promoted from within and knew the right people. Outsiders don't fit in very well when they are hired. You should really understand all of the positions before you should manage here. Outside managers are not as successful. Even though I would love to see outside influence within the company.

Server/Certified Trainer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Darden.

The initial interview is online - very detailed questionnaire that covers everything work scenarios, both job-related and social. The second interview is conducted with a manager on-site. You will get a tour of the building with another employee and have opportunities to see the work environment and ask any other questions you may have. The employee also fills out a form on the first impression that they had of you, so there are a total of three components evaluated before the extension of an actual job offer is made.

Interview Questions
    • I believe the most difficult thing in any restaurant is the availability of one's schedule - if that does not match up with the restaurant's needs, then there is almost no point.   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Darden in December 2010.

The interview process was very drawn out for me. I was hired back in December but no communication was made about when I would start until February. The talent manager seemed very unorganized as he was trying to start managers at various locations around florida.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were pretty standard, no out of left field questions.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Darden in February 2012.

I underwent 2 separate interviews with the bar manager and the general manager. I was told that I was interviewing for a bartending position. However, I was told at the end of the second interview that the whole process was actually for a server, not a bar tending position. It would have been more professional and considerate to inform the interviewee that they were changing the job title before the second interview occurred.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if the POS system broke down and no payments we're able to be completed?   Answer Question

I was under the impression that I was interviewing for a bartender position but they informed me at the time of the offer that it was changed to a server position without informing me prior to the interviews.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carrollton, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Darden in February 2014.

Apply online to get an interview in which is given based on the personality test score and work history. The interview requires you to talk to an assistant manager and then the general manager. They are both just trying to get a feel for your personality and attitude.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated a flexible schedule that would allow me to work two jobs.

Certified Trainer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Darden.

Application completed online. I was emailed within 24 hours to call for an interview. My Interview was scheduled within a week of my application. I was interviewed by the service manager. He asked me why I was I moved to town? What time frame did I see myself working with the company? What are my future goals? I was asked to fill out an availiabilty form and my orientation date was given.

Interview Questions
    • Why would I make a good darden employee?   View Answer

Director/Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Darden in April 2010.

Initial phone screen then I came for first round of interviews in Orlando. Met with mostly communication colleagues for about 6 hours including one hour with hiring manager. Was notified within a week that I they would like me to advance to the final round which included a day-long assessment with Aon and then a second round of interviews in Orlando. I completed the 10+ hours of assessments with Aon near my hometown then came to Orlando the following week for final round of interviews. At the end of the day I was presented an offer before leaving.

Interview Questions
    • I found all the interviews to be very conversational. No behavioral based interviewing techniques used which surprised me.   Answer Question
    I asked for more on base pay which they would not move on, but they did increase my sign on bonus. I accepted.

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Darden.

The hiring and interview process was very professional. Long in depth process but was well worth the time. There were many phone calls and emails over the weeks. In addition, the recruiter was very knowledgeable about her job and helped make it all smooth. All in all, I highly recommend this company.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to leave your current job?   View Answer
    It was a bit long but when the offer was made I was happy to know that the company tried very hard to meet my needs to make me feel comfortable about switching positions.

Worked for Darden? Contribute to the Community!