Darden Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.3

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Darden (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

My interview was today at 2:30pm. I had a first interview with one manager and when I was finished I had a second interview with another manager. The managers were really welcoming and nice. The manager told me I was hiring on the spot and let me know that I would be starting off serving and then when I get my license I will become a bartender. I have orrientation next week and my training starts soon.

Interview Questions

• What does teamwork mean to you?
      What is good customer service?
      Why apply at Olive Garden?
      Previous jobs and responsibilities?

Answer Question

Server/Host/to Go Specialist/Prep Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brown Deer, WI

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Darden (Brown Deer, WI).

Interview

Filled out online. Manager called to schedule interview. Interview by two Managers. First one was mean 2nd one nice. Didn't get the job cause they don't like you to work with relatives. Say you don't know anyone there!

Olive Garden Host Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Darden.

Interview

It was a long process. I was interviewed by 3 managers. General manager and she was tough skin! Well worth it. The second manager was the most communicative. The "Good cop, bad cop". The last manager but the first to interview me was the shift manager. Young and laid back, gave me the FYI onto staying there.

Bahama Breeze Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Darden in March 2015.

Interview

When I got the email from them, I called to talk to the manager. I was interviewed on a Wednesday by Shelly. She's very friendly. I brought my resume with me but she didn't ask for it. The interview lasted about 10 minutes. I was asked very general questions, then she told me I have a second interview on Friday with the hostess manager. This manager asked me what do I like about Bahama Breeze & what does hospitality mean to me. This interview was short too. She asked about 2 or 3 questions and then told me I got the job.

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Darden (Towson, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

I called in and we set up an appointment for the next day. Met with a harsh lady who asked very simple questions. I came 10 minutes early, but it didn't really matter because she was at least 20 minutes late. Sat me down at a table and rushed through the interview at lightning speed.

To-Go Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wentzville, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Darden (Wentzville, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Walked in and Met with assistant mgr immediately, he set me up with 2nd interview with store manager a week later. He asked Great questions about myself without being too personal.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Darden.

Interview

Phone call from initial recruiter with basic questions, referred to one of the directs of talent acquisition. Scheduled 30 minute phone interview with this director. She was not very nice, too straightforward and not very interested in hearing my answers, I could tell she just wanted me off the phone. I knew- this was as far as I was going to go. She told me she'd get back to me within the week after talking to hiring managers. Weeks went by, no follow up. Got a canned response email about 3 weeks later that they had "found better candidates blah blah blah".

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult in this as I didnt get very far. They told me if I made it to the next step it would be a technical phone conversation with someone in the role, then a day on the campus meeting multiple managers.   Answer Question

Web Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Darden.

Interview

Initial phone interview with hiring manager followed by in-person interview on site. In person interview length was about 4 hours, and consisted of meeting with members from the immediate team as well as with the management of related teams. Managers made sure that expectations of the position were clearly laid out and discussed, with ample time given for questions.

Interview Questions

• None that come to mind. Interview was fair and based on abilities/skills.   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Darden (Portage, MI).

Interview

I had one interview, and had to take a written test, fill in the blank- which took an hour and a half. I was asked about my previous work history, my strengths and weaknesses, why I applied there, why I think I should be hired, and what my goals were. It went great, and it was actually fun.

Interview Questions

• Name your biggest strength and biggest weakness.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation involved.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Darden in January 2015.

Interview

The process was great, the Area Director was insightful and professional. First interview was with the recruiter on skype, I really felt at ease and they did not hammer me with the same questions you always get so I found that refreshing. Next interview was with the Area Director in person like I said he was great. Had another interview with the Partner of a location and he just told me what to expect in the position.

Interview Questions

• I found it amazing the director wanted to talk about kids and life and seemed to really care.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much of a negotiation got more than I asked for plus relocation.