Darden Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.3

Server Interview

Interview

Applied online, got an email the next day to call and set up interview. First interview with manager, than with GM. The GM forgot about the interview, and was busy with something else. Waited an hour, and the kitchen manager asked me a few questions because he felt bad I waited an hour for the Gam. Told me to call but next week if I didn't hear from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Darden (Tewksbury, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and soon got a phone call for an interview. I interviewed with two managers and was offered a job on the spot. I accepted the position and began working there soon after.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my previous employment and my education.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Darden (Richmond, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

First and second interviews with Service and General Manager. Applied on line, got a Call from the manager, Set up interview datę and time. Manager was respecting my time, I did't have to wait too long. Interview laser about 20 min.

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Darden (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

My interview was today at 2:30pm. I had a first interview with one manager and when I was finished I had a second interview with another manager. The managers were really welcoming and nice. The manager told me I was hiring on the spot and let me know that I would be starting off serving and then when I get my license I will become a bartender. I have orrientation next week and my training starts soon.

Interview Questions

• What does teamwork mean to you? What is good customer service? Why apply at Olive Garden? Previous jobs and responsibilities?   Answer Question

Server/Host/to Go Specialist/Prep Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brown Deer, WI

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Darden (Brown Deer, WI).

Interview

Filled out online. Manager called to schedule interview. Interview by two Managers. First one was mean 2nd one nice. Didn't get the job cause they don't like you to work with relatives. Say you don't know anyone there!

Olive Garden Host Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Darden.

Interview

It was a long process. I was interviewed by 3 managers. General manager and she was tough skin! Well worth it. The second manager was the most communicative. The "Good cop, bad cop". The last manager but the first to interview me was the shift manager. Young and laid back, gave me the FYI onto staying there.

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Darden (Towson, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

I called in and we set up an appointment for the next day. Met with a harsh lady who asked very simple questions. I came 10 minutes early, but it didn't really matter because she was at least 20 minutes late. Sat me down at a table and rushed through the interview at lightning speed.

Bahama Breeze Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Darden in March 2015.

Interview

When I got the email from them, I called to talk to the manager. I was interviewed on a Wednesday by Shelly. She's very friendly. I brought my resume with me but she didn't ask for it. The interview lasted about 10 minutes. I was asked very general questions, then she told me I have a second interview on Friday with the hostess manager. This manager asked me what do I like about Bahama Breeze & what does hospitality mean to me. This interview was short too. She asked about 2 or 3 questions and then told me I got the job.

To-Go Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wentzville, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Darden (Wentzville, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Walked in and Met with assistant mgr immediately, he set me up with 2nd interview with store manager a week later. He asked Great questions about myself without being too personal.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Darden.

Interview

Phone call from initial recruiter with basic questions, referred to one of the directs of talent acquisition. Scheduled 30 minute phone interview with this director. She was not very nice, too straightforward and not very interested in hearing my answers, I could tell she just wanted me off the phone. I knew- this was as far as I was going to go. She told me she'd get back to me within the week after talking to hiring managers. Weeks went by, no follow up. Got a canned response email about 3 weeks later that they had "found better candidates blah blah blah".

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult in this as I didnt get very far. They told me if I made it to the next step it would be a technical phone conversation with someone in the role, then a day on the campus meeting multiple managers.   Answer Question