Darden

2.3

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Darden in July 2014.

Phone interview was a welcomed challenge. It was about 1hr 30 minutes long. I enjoyed my interview by phone. He did his job to the fullest and I thanked him for challenging me. Most phone interviews were a joke in comparison. I enjoyed being challenged by his interview process and skills. The in personal interview with the director took 2 hours, I enjoyed it as well. He cared about my abilities, he asked the same question in many different ways. I felt respected and that he was concerned about me fitting in with what Darden needed and my skills sets. He was a welcomed challenge as well. Most times as a female manager, past experience with interviews were such a joke, but I was very excited that my mind was challenged. Excuse me if I sound narcissistic, not intended. I love working in the restaurant industry.

Interview Questions
    I requested what I was worth and was told we don't usually hire at that rate. I replied that I was more than worth every penny and more. Two days later I was offered $2k less. I am here to put my all in and welcomed all challenges. I am not afraid to learn new aspects of my job to make me sharper at what I do best, dazzle every guest. It feels great when the day was a challenge. I earn every penny. I will not sit in an office, I am on the floor, in the trenches with my crewmembers.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Darden.

Phone call from initial recruiter with basic questions, referred to one of the directs of talent acquisition. Scheduled 30 minute phone interview with this director. She was not very nice, too straightforward and not very interested in hearing my answers, I could tell she just wanted me off the phone. I knew- this was as far as I was going to go. She told me she'd get back to me within the week after talking to hiring managers. Weeks went by, no follow up. Got a canned response email about 3 weeks later that they had "found better candidates blah blah blah".

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult in this as I didnt get very far. They told me if I made it to the next step it would be a technical phone conversation with someone in the role, then a day on the campus meeting multiple managers.   Answer Question

Sustainability Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Darden in October 2014.

I first interviewed with HR over the phone. This was followed by a personality test. Then, a video interview with the director and VP. I finally got a face to in Orlando and met several VP's and directors during a days worth of interviews - long day.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you different than other people?   Answer Question
    • Explain your experice with x programs or knowledge of sustainability.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Texarkana, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Texarkana, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Darden in October 2009.

It sucked...was told there wouldn't be a problem transferring stores, but when it came time to do so, the GM at new store kept blowing me off. My GM at old store even called her a couple of times to hurry the process, to no avail. Eventually, after not working for 2 weeks I quit the company.

Restaurant Manager Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Darden in June 2008.

awesom

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for us   Answer Question
    • How do you balance competing concerns of employees vs company goals   View Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Darden in September 2011.

The process began with an online questionnaire. This lasted roughly 45 minutes. I received an email several days later for my first in person interview. This lasted all of 15 minutes with the manager reading off of a sheet. Only asked 5 total questions.

Second interview was a week later. Much more detailed questions. Asked about why I choose that store to apply, would I be willing to commit to a schedule for the next 3-4 months, what position in the store was most important, etc.

I haven't heard back as of yet.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most important position in the restaurant?   View Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Darden in September 2011.

first round onsite campus, had a 1:1 where I was asked a range of behavioral, quasi case (how would you determine if a bowling ball company should make baseball bats), and technical questions (explain to my 5 year old NPV and opportunity cost). Generally if you make it past the first round, you'll have to go onsite.

Interview Questions
    • What are 3 ways you would get out of a blender?   View Answer

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Darden in October 2011.

The interviewer was saying that I was phenomenal. But after not advancing me for a second round of interviews said that he thought I wouldn't be willing to relocate to Orlando. He completely made it up.

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Darden in November 2012.

Filled out interview online, and got an email next day. Went in for interview with 2nd tier manager. It went well, and I could tell she thought so. I was called back for a second interview with the general manager, who was curt and downright rude. Maybe it was her idea of a test to see if I can deal with cranky hungry people, but hungry people don't go in for direct attacks. All her job rated questions had to do with how much I know about alchohol.

Interview Questions
    • She flipped through my resume, and sneered at my most recent job, at a wilderness camp, saying it wasn't much of a job at all. You know how jobs are - the title doesn't give the story. This was a job with enormous responsibility - for giving people a good time, for keeping the area maintained, for performing a nightly monologue, and for literally keeping the guests alive. One of my duties was manning a first aid station that frequently handles life threatening emergencies. And she called it a fluff job. What do you say after that?

She said they'd be in touch within 2 days I phoned on the third and was told, very abruptly that I didn't get the job.

My mom has owned a business and said the comments and questions were unprofesiional and hostile. And she said that the correct thing to do when you tell someone you aren't hiring them, is to give them some constructive reason - something they can work on improving ( for example, get some wine experience and try again in a year) rather than speak to them as if they were garbage. She always tried to think of other places that might be a better fit, too. I think Olive Garden would be a good fit for me, but I'm very glad not to be working under such an unhappy, insecure woman.

View Answer

Bartender At Seasons52 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Darden in September 2012.

Very thorough 1st interview. Definitely want to know what makes you unique. Good questions asked but rather formal in tone considering the nature of the job.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a negative experience you turned into a positive.   Answer Question