Darden Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.3

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Darden (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Phone interview was a welcomed challenge. It was about 1hr 30 minutes long. I enjoyed my interview by phone. He did his job to the fullest and I thanked him for challenging me. Most phone interviews were a joke in comparison. I enjoyed being challenged by his interview process and skills. The in personal interview with the director took 2 hours, I enjoyed it as well. He cared about my abilities, he asked the same question in many different ways. I felt respected and that he was concerned about me fitting in with what Darden needed and my skills sets. He was a welcomed challenge as well. Most times as a female manager, past experience with interviews were such a joke, but I was very excited that my mind was challenged. Excuse me if I sound narcissistic, not intended. I love working in the restaurant industry.

Interview Questions

• How to go above and beyond guest expectations to wow them?   1 Answer
    • None   1 Answer

Negotiation

I requested what I was worth and was told we don't usually hire at that rate. I replied that I was more than worth every penny and more. Two days later I was offered $2k less. I am here to put my all in and welcomed all challenges. I am not afraid to learn new aspects of my job to make me sharper at what I do best, dazzle every guest. It feels great when the day was a challenge. I earn every penny. I will not sit in an office, I am on the floor, in the trenches with my crewmembers.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Darden.

Interview

Phone call from initial recruiter with basic questions, referred to one of the directs of talent acquisition. Scheduled 30 minute phone interview with this director. She was not very nice, too straightforward and not very interested in hearing my answers, I could tell she just wanted me off the phone. I knew- this was as far as I was going to go. She told me she'd get back to me within the week after talking to hiring managers. Weeks went by, no follow up. Got a canned response email about 3 weeks later that they had "found better candidates blah blah blah".

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult in this as I didnt get very far. They told me if I made it to the next step it would be a technical phone conversation with someone in the role, then a day on the campus meeting multiple managers.   Answer Question

Sustainability Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

I first interviewed with HR over the phone. This was followed by a personality test. Then, a video interview with the director and VP. I finally got a face to in Orlando and met several VP's and directors during a days worth of interviews - long day.

Interview Questions

• What makes you different than other people?   Answer Question
    • Explain your experice with x programs or knowledge of sustainability.   Answer Question

Server/Host/to Go Specialist/Prep Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brown Deer, WI

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Darden (Brown Deer, WI).

Interview

Filled out online. Manager called to schedule interview. Interview by two Managers. First one was mean 2nd one nice. Didn't get the job cause they don't like you to work with relatives. Say you don't know anyone there!

Olive Garden Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Braunfels, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Darden (New Braunfels, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

There are 3 interview, the first they learn about your work history and what why you want to work at their company, the second is with a different manager so they can know more about you and what you offer, then the third is with the GM and is more of a finalization.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you have previous restaurant expirience defiantly negotiate hourly pay to more than 9.50.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Texarkana, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Darden (Texarkana, TX) in October 2009.

Interview

It sucked...was told there wouldn't be a problem transferring stores, but when it came time to do so, the GM at new store kept blowing me off. My GM at old store even called her a couple of times to hurry the process, to no avail. Eventually, after not working for 2 weeks I quit the company.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Darden in June 2008.

Interview

awesom

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us   Answer Question
    • How do you balance competing concerns of employees vs company goals   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Darden (Chatsworth, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

The process began with an online questionnaire. This lasted roughly 45 minutes. I received an email several days later for my first in person interview. This lasted all of 15 minutes with the manager reading off of a sheet. Only asked 5 total questions.

Second interview was a week later. Much more detailed questions. Asked about why I choose that store to apply, would I be willing to commit to a schedule for the next 3-4 months, what position in the store was most important, etc.

I haven't heard back as of yet.

Interview Questions

• What was the most important position in the restaurant?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

first round onsite campus, had a 1:1 where I was asked a range of behavioral, quasi case (how would you determine if a bowling ball company should make baseball bats), and technical questions (explain to my 5 year old NPV and opportunity cost). Generally if you make it past the first round, you'll have to go onsite.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 ways you would get out of a blender?   1 Answer

Finance Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Darden in October 2011.

Interview

The interviewer was saying that I was phenomenal. But after not advancing me for a second round of interviews said that he thought I wouldn't be willing to relocate to Orlando. He completely made it up.