Darden Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.3

Interview

Began with phone screening and then was invited to interview on-site with a full day of interviews. Interviewed with Brand Managers and directors. Was asked behavioral questions, all were expected and not very difficult.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions were expected. Interviewers were very down-to-earth and easy to talk to. No case questions.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Interview

well this site is full of dross to require all this which means we are how they make all there money so i will just say if you want to get into management at a Darden company you need to apply from the out side

Interview Questions

• why should we train you to be a manager when the ones we have are incompetent   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Darden.

Interview

This was before you have to go online to fill an application out. The process requires three interviews. 1st interview was very basic and we talked about experiences whether it's personal or from another colleague. 2nd interview was almost the same but this time around was less serious, maybe it was because the manager and I were of the same age. 3rd interview was with the Managing Partner and it was quite intense. He asked me straight up if I was lying in my resume in the "reason for leaving" form. I told him confidently no and he was extremely satisfied and says that he was looking for confidence in me.

Interview Questions

• "Why did you leave your other job before finding a new one? If you are lying I will find out because I know people from that place."   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Darden.

Interview

Straight forward interview, tell us about your experience serving.

Interview Questions

• No the most difficult but a here is an example of what the interview questions are like: Name a time you had a difficult customer; what did you do.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Darden.

Interview

If you have customer service experience or can show at you can provide great customer experience then it is an easy job to get.

Interview Questions

• All the questions are straight forward. But there might be a lot of scenario or role playing questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating for server position.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Darden.

Interview

My interview was a four step process. Quick phone interview with area recruiter, in person interview with area recruiter, drug screening and final interview with Regional Director. The first interview was very general with scenario based questions. The final interview was over 3 hours in length as the Regional Director really tried to delve into my motivation, my personal goals, my current skills sets. I left that interview with such an excellent perception of the company that I would have spoken highly of their practices even if I had not been hired.

Interview Questions

• What can I do to help you get where you want to go with Darden?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for increased salary from my previous positon and they met me in the middle. I started the week after my interview.

Busser Interview

Interview

I applied and was called in to interview within a week. The interview lasted almost an hour where I was asked a series of questions regarding my customer service background and education. I was given a personality test and told I would be hearing from them. I was called within a week and offered to start training the next day.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was organized and what I do to stay organized.   1 Answer

Certified Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Darden.

Interview

Application completed online. I was emailed within 24 hours to call for an interview. My Interview was scheduled within a week of my application. I was interviewed by the service manager. He asked me why I was I moved to town? What time frame did I see myself working with the company? What are my future goals? I was asked to fill out an availiabilty form and my orientation date was given.

Interview Questions

• Why would I make a good darden employee?   1 Answer

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Darden.

Interview

Was contacted by a staffing agency. Got a phone interview (very technical) and then an in person interview with HR tests and talking with different people in the team. I was impressed everybody seemed very nice.

Manager Interview

Interview

interviewed with other GMs and an HR person. I was promoted from within and knew the right people. Outsiders don't fit in very well when they are hired. You should really understand all of the positions before you should manage here. Outside managers are not as successful. Even though I would love to see outside influence within the company.