Darden Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2014
Updated Oct 17, 2014

2.3

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Darden.

Typical hurry up and wait process 50 phone calls and emails back and forth, set up drug testing for you as far away from your location as could possible be.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do? answer it then have the interviewer add to the scenario answer that them throw something else into it.   Answer Question
    no negotiations gave me more that I asked for

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Darden.

I met great and friendly people and everyone seemed happy to be here. The team of people were very professional and made me feel welcome. The culture of the panel of interviewers across the enterprise was very diverse and helped me make my decision to be part of the Darden family. So many amazing leaders but what stuck out to me was the amount of women in leadership positions. It was encouraging and promising for a future here at Darden. I am blessed and grateful to have had the opportunity to be part of such great teams and build long lasting friendships.

Waitress Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Darden in May 2011.

apply online, got called the next day. had two interviews with two different managers, then i interviewed with the general manager, then you train, have to learn too much then you can start

Interview Questions
    • the hardest question was how long did you plan to stay. pretty easy   View Answer
    none

Back Up Chef Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Darden.

If Chosen through three interview then you were hired. First is more of your background and first impression. The second more of experience and talents. Lastly your commitment to the job and negotiations.

Manager Interview

interviewed with other GMs and an HR person. I was promoted from within and knew the right people. Outsiders don't fit in very well when they are hired. You should really understand all of the positions before you should manage here. Outside managers are not as successful. Even though I would love to see outside influence within the company.

Server/Certified Trainer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Darden.

The initial interview is online - very detailed questionnaire that covers everything work scenarios, both job-related and social. The second interview is conducted with a manager on-site. You will get a tour of the building with another employee and have opportunities to see the work environment and ask any other questions you may have. The employee also fills out a form on the first impression that they had of you, so there are a total of three components evaluated before the extension of an actual job offer is made.

Interview Questions
    • I believe the most difficult thing in any restaurant is the availability of one's schedule - if that does not match up with the restaurant's needs, then there is almost no point.   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Darden in December 2010.

The interview process was very drawn out for me. I was hired back in December but no communication was made about when I would start until February. The talent manager seemed very unorganized as he was trying to start managers at various locations around florida.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were pretty standard, no out of left field questions.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Darden in February 2012.

I underwent 2 separate interviews with the bar manager and the general manager. I was told that I was interviewing for a bartending position. However, I was told at the end of the second interview that the whole process was actually for a server, not a bar tending position. It would have been more professional and considerate to inform the interviewee that they were changing the job title before the second interview occurred.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if the POS system broke down and no payments we're able to be completed?   Answer Question

I was under the impression that I was interviewing for a bartender position but they informed me at the time of the offer that it was changed to a server position without informing me prior to the interviews.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Darden in February 2014.

Apply online to get an interview in which is given based on the personality test score and work history. The interview requires you to talk to an assistant manager and then the general manager. They are both just trying to get a feel for your personality and attitude.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated a flexible schedule that would allow me to work two jobs.

Director/Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Darden in April 2010.

Initial phone screen then I came for first round of interviews in Orlando. Met with mostly communication colleagues for about 6 hours including one hour with hiring manager. Was notified within a week that I they would like me to advance to the final round which included a day-long assessment with Aon and then a second round of interviews in Orlando. I completed the 10+ hours of assessments with Aon near my hometown then came to Orlando the following week for final round of interviews. At the end of the day I was presented an offer before leaving.

Interview Questions
    • I found all the interviews to be very conversational. No behavioral based interviewing techniques used which surprised me.   Answer Question
    I asked for more on base pay which they would not move on, but they did increase my sign on bonus. I accepted.