Darden

159 candidate interviews

Director/Communications Interview

Director/Communications
Orlando, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Darden in April 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen then I came for first round of interviews in Orlando. Met with mostly communication colleagues for about 6 hours including one hour with hiring manager. Was notified within a week that I they would like me to advance to the final round which included a day-long assessment with Aon and then a second round of interviews in Orlando. I completed the 10+ hours of assessments with Aon near my hometown then came to Orlando the following week for final round of interviews. At the end of the day I was presented an offer before leaving.

Interview Question – I found all the interviews to be very conversational. No behavioral based interviewing techniques used which surprised me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for more on base pay which they would not move on, but they did increase my sign on bonus. I accepted.

Certified Trainer Interview

Certified Trainer

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Darden.

Interview Details – Application completed online. I was emailed within 24 hours to call for an interview. My Interview was scheduled within a week of my application. I was interviewed by the service manager. He asked me why I was I moved to town? What time frame did I see myself working with the company? What are my future goals? I was asked to fill out an availiabilty form and my orientation date was given.

Interview Question – Why would I make a good darden employee?   View Answer

Restaurant Manager Interview

Restaurant Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Darden.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was very professional. Long in depth process but was well worth the time. There were many phone calls and emails over the weeks. In addition, the recruiter was very knowledgeable about her job and helped make it all smooth. All in all, I highly recommend this company.

Interview Question – Why would you want to leave your current job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a bit long but when the offer was made I was happy to know that the company tried very hard to meet my needs to make me feel comfortable about switching positions.

Certified Trainer Interview

Certified Trainer
Allen, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Darden in December 2010.

Interview Details – The application is quick and easy to fill out and the assessment test takes only 20-30 minutes to complete. The interviewing process included interviews with 2 managers which is friendly and personable.
Their slogan "We're all family here" is truly genuine.

Negotiation Details – It was simple and fair.

Very Easy Interview

Server Interview

Server
Pasadena, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Darden in September 2012.

Interview Details – very easy. apply online and go through 3 interviews usually on the same day. then a week of classroom training. menu and beverage tests and you are on the floor making money.

Interview Question – none. it is a very basic interview.   Answer Question

Server, Catering Interview

Server, Catering

I applied online and interviewed at Darden.

Interview Details – Up front with questions that deserve truthful answers. Ask about my expectations. Do I want to grow with co? Do you have a family? Do realize what passion about this job?

Interview Question – why did you leave darden after 21 years?   View Answer

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Senior Programmer Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Darden.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a staffing agency. Got a phone interview (very technical) and then an in person interview with HR tests and talking with different people in the team. I was impressed everybody seemed very nice.

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Slavyansk-na-Kubani (Russia)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Darden in January 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process is detailed and organized to ensure that the right person is selected. There is testing that is involved to aid in the hiring process. At the end of the day, it is vital for the interviewee to be prepared during the interview. Remember this your opportunity to make a lasting impression in a positive way.

Interview Question – Most people have a hard time answering the question, "Tell me about yourself?"   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Service Professional Interview

Service Professional
DFW, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Darden in November 2012.

Interview Details – Generally the professional positions(service & culinary) are hired from within. They are already certified trainers that show strong leadership and a passion for "hospitaliano":

Interview Question – How do you go beyond the expected for our guests?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Only training schedule was negotiable. The position requires open availability.

Waitress Interview

Waitress

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Darden.

Interview Details – Interviewed with each manager before being hired. Also took a personality quiz.

Negotiation Details – no it was standard wage for a waitress. Tips are good though.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Darden

Worked for Darden? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Darden interview questions and advice. All 159 interview reviews posted anonymously by Darden employees and interview candidates.