Darden Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014
Updated Sep 22, 2014

2.3

New Restaurant Opener Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Darden.

Apply Online, Then dress professionally with your resume and show up between 2:00-4:00 Monday thru Thursday. Ask to speak with the hiring manager or server manager

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a guest doesn't have an id but looks old enough to drink.?
      What's in popular alcoholic drinks.
        Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Darden.

The process was really straight forward. I was called and asked to come in to talk to the partner of the new store. We talked for a few minutes about my past working history, I was asked to describe my favorite meal from my favorite restaurant. He said that since he was the new managing partner that training would start soon and could I make all the required days. I said yes and was offered a job.

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Darden.

The initial process was fairly short and straight forward: school, prior work experience, and why Darden. I previously worked for them during undergrad, so I included that in my conversation which was a bonus.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe Darden restaurants in a sentence?   View Answer

I had a better offer.

Purchasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Darden.

Great headquarters office. Three rounds of interviews took a month. In depth assessments to ensure a good fit for needs and culture of company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carrollton, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Darden in February 2014.

Apply online to get an interview in which is given based on the personality test score and work history. The interview requires you to talk to an assistant manager and then the general manager. They are both just trying to get a feel for your personality and attitude.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated a flexible schedule that would allow me to work two jobs.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Darden.

Was called in to interview for a new store opening. Arrived and filled out an availability form. Met with one manager, talked to him about my work ethic, previous serving experience, why I wanted to work for Darden, what I had to offer. Mostly conversational with a few questions asked by interviewer. Pretty relaxed, no high pressure. Was passed on for 2nd interview immediately following. Talked to him about what I am all about. Everyone was very professional yet conversational. Was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • "Name a time you went out of your way for a guest, did something special, etc" Everything else was pretty simple and as long as you have a personality you'll be fine   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Darden.

My interview was a four step process. Quick phone interview with area recruiter, in person interview with area recruiter, drug screening and final interview with Regional Director. The first interview was very general with scenario based questions. The final interview was over 3 hours in length as the Regional Director really tried to delve into my motivation, my personal goals, my current skills sets. I left that interview with such an excellent perception of the company that I would have spoken highly of their practices even if I had not been hired.

Interview Questions
    • What can I do to help you get where you want to go with Darden?   View Answer
    I asked for increased salary from my previous positon and they met me in the middle. I started the week after my interview.

Bartender/Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Darden.

I had the opportunity to be hired as a new store was opening. I loved it! All the opening management staff was friendly, optimistic, and energetic. My interview was basic questions. My training during the restaurant opening was the best experience I have had. It was like attending summer camp.

Server Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Darden in November 2013.

I applied online and got an e-mail the next day saying they would like to meet with me and to call and set up an appointment within the next two days I did and was scheduled for an interview the next day(Monday) I had my first interview then was scheduled for a second the next day where again I was scheduled for another interview the day after and was finally offered the job and accepted!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you felt a customer was dissatisfied with their meal and didn't say what did you do?   Answer Question

Food Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Springfield, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Springfield, MA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Darden in October 2013.

2 interviews 2 weeks training