Darden

Getting the Interview

149 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Olive Garden Server Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Darden in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was sent an e-mail to set up an interview. Within the week(I believe 3 days) I had my first interview. A 2nd interview followed the next day. Training started the following day.

Interview Question – What do you know about Olive garden and Darden?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Darden.

Interview Details – The initial process was fairly short and straight forward: school, prior work experience, and why Darden. I previously worked for them during undergrad, so I included that in my conversation which was a bonus.

Interview Question – How would you describe Darden restaurants in a sentence?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I had a better offer.

Purchasing Manager Interview

Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Darden.

Interview Details – Great headquarters office. Three rounds of interviews took a month. In depth assessments to ensure a good fit for needs and culture of company.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult or off topic.   Answer Question

Server
Medina, OH

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Darden in September 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process occurred because I called Longhorn to check on my application. During the call, they asked to set up an interview. My interview was with the general manager first and then the line manager.
The interview contained basic questions about why I wanted to work at Darden (Longhorn) and what attracted me to the restaurant.
They offer a week of training during the beginning, which was very helpful, and the other servers are very helpful when I had questions.

Interview Question – They asked me to describe a situation where I had experienced an obstacle, and to describe how I overcame it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation because the wages are based upon tips received.

Server
Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Darden in May 2012.

Interview Details – Very basic interview. Mostly situational questions.

Interview Question – What was a time when you had a conflict with a manager and what did you do?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Bartender/Server Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Darden in July 2013.

Interview Details – Was a straight forward interview.

Negotiation Details – Wasn't much to it, as far as servers go you get your 3 bucks an hour and thats that. I made sure I would get at least 30 hours a week and that was it.

Server Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Darden.

Interview Details – Was called in to interview for a new store opening. Arrived and filled out an availability form. Met with one manager, talked to him about my work ethic, previous serving experience, why I wanted to work for Darden, what I had to offer. Mostly conversational with a few questions asked by interviewer. Pretty relaxed, no high pressure. Was passed on for 2nd interview immediately following. Talked to him about what I am all about. Everyone was very professional yet conversational. Was offered the position.

Interview Question – "Name a time you went out of your way for a guest, did something special, etc" Everything else was pretty simple and as long as you have a personality you'll be fine   Answer Question

Food Service Interview

Food Service
West Springfield, MA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Darden in October 2013.

Interview Details – 2 interviews 2 weeks training

Negotiation Details – wasn't one

Bartender Interview

Bartender
Columbus, MS

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Darden in June 2013.

Interview Details – bartender

Interview Question – what will you be doing in 5 years?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – low pay

Manager Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Darden in February 2010.

Interview Details – depends on who you know