Darden

Updated Dec 7, 2014
Updated Dec 7, 2014

2.3

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Darden.

My interview was a four step process. Quick phone interview with area recruiter, in person interview with area recruiter, drug screening and final interview with Regional Director. The first interview was very general with scenario based questions. The final interview was over 3 hours in length as the Regional Director really tried to delve into my motivation, my personal goals, my current skills sets. I left that interview with such an excellent perception of the company that I would have spoken highly of their practices even if I had not been hired.

Interview Questions
    • What can I do to help you get where you want to go with Darden?   View Answer
    I asked for increased salary from my previous positon and they met me in the middle. I started the week after my interview.

Bartender/Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Darden.

I had the opportunity to be hired as a new store was opening. I loved it! All the opening management staff was friendly, optimistic, and energetic. My interview was basic questions. My training during the restaurant opening was the best experience I have had. It was like attending summer camp.

Server Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Darden in November 2013.

I applied online and got an e-mail the next day saying they would like to meet with me and to call and set up an appointment within the next two days I did and was scheduled for an interview the next day(Monday) I had my first interview then was scheduled for a second the next day where again I was scheduled for another interview the day after and was finally offered the job and accepted!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you felt a customer was dissatisfied with their meal and didn't say what did you do?   Answer Question

Food Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Springfield, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Springfield, MA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Darden in October 2013.

2 interviews 2 weeks training

wasn't one

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Myrtle Beach, Horry, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Myrtle Beach, Horry, SC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Darden in October 2013.

Applied online. Received an email inviting me to call to set up an interview 2 weeks later. Application online does include a personality test. Went for interview, there was about 40 other people there also for interviews. Was asked to fill out an availability form and a list of my last 3 employers and asked if they could be reached at that time, which was 5:30 p.m. on a Sunday. Interviewed at a booth with a manager which seemed to go well but was told at the end that they would call me if they were interested. A week later, received an email telling me that after careful consideration, they regretted to inform me that they could not offer me a position with their company.

Interview Questions
    • What are some 3 legitimate reasons to either be late or call off from work.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Darden.

Best process I've ever been a part of. They were organized and paid attention to every detail.

Server Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Darden.

Straight forward interview, tell us about your experience serving.

Interview Questions
    • No the most difficult but a here is an example of what the interview questions are like: Name a time you had a difficult customer; what did you do.   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Began with phone screening and then was invited to interview on-site with a full day of interviews. Interviewed with Brand Managers and directors. Was asked behavioral questions, all were expected and not very difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions were expected. Interviewers were very down-to-earth and easy to talk to. No case questions.   Answer Question

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heath, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heath, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Darden.

sat down in the lobby area with a manager, was asked easy questions mostly about a previous position.

Interview Questions
    • not really difficult questions, just the worst thing about my last job.   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Darden in September 2013.

Applied online and completed personality testing online. Was contacted a few days later via email to schedule a webcam interview. Interview with recruiter was about 45 minutes long. 5 Minutes into interview I was asked salary expectations and immediately told that I wouldn't make that with them so rest of interview was very pushed and almost like going through the motions by the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you once anticipated a guest's needs.   View Answer