Darden Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.3

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Darden (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Phone interview was a welcomed challenge. It was about 1hr 30 minutes long. I enjoyed my interview by phone. He did his job to the fullest and I thanked him for challenging me. Most phone interviews were a joke in comparison. I enjoyed being challenged by his interview process and skills. The in personal interview with the director took 2 hours, I enjoyed it as well. He cared about my abilities, he asked the same question in many different ways. I felt respected and that he was concerned about me fitting in with what Darden needed and my skills sets. He was a welcomed challenge as well. Most times as a female manager, past experience with interviews were such a joke, but I was very excited that my mind was challenged. Excuse me if I sound narcissistic, not intended. I love working in the restaurant industry.

Interview Questions

• How to go above and beyond guest expectations to wow them?   1 Answer
    • None   1 Answer

Negotiation

I requested what I was worth and was told we don't usually hire at that rate. I replied that I was more than worth every penny and more. Two days later I was offered $2k less. I am here to put my all in and welcomed all challenges. I am not afraid to learn new aspects of my job to make me sharper at what I do best, dazzle every guest. It feels great when the day was a challenge. I earn every penny. I will not sit in an office, I am on the floor, in the trenches with my crewmembers.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McHenry, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Darden (McHenry, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

the hiring process was fine communication was fine the interview went great I got the job and the interview did not take very long she was very nice..she also spoke in length about the necessary job at hand and what my responsibilities where to be and it was very acceptable.

Interview Questions

• what would I do with a unsatisfied customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

it was not a negotiation I have 27 years in customer service I am more than qualified

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Darden.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very professional. Long in depth process but was well worth the time. There were many phone calls and emails over the weeks. In addition, the recruiter was very knowledgeable about her job and helped make it all smooth. All in all, I highly recommend this company.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to leave your current job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a bit long but when the offer was made I was happy to know that the company tried very hard to meet my needs to make me feel comfortable about switching positions.

Server, Catering Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Darden.

Interview

Up front with questions that deserve truthful answers. Ask about my expectations. Do I want to grow with co? Do you have a family? Do realize what passion about this job?

Interview Questions

• why did you leave darden after 21 years?   1 Answer

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Darden.

Interview

Was contacted by a staffing agency. Got a phone interview (very technical) and then an in person interview with HR tests and talking with different people in the team. I was impressed everybody seemed very nice.

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Darden.

Interview

Interviewed with each manager before being hired. Also took a personality quiz.

Negotiation

no it was standard wage for a waitress. Tips are good though.

Bartender Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Darden.

Interview

Consists of two interviews, first with staffing manager, then with general manager. From my experience, if you make it past the first interview you have probably landed the job. After the second interview they will have you follow a current employee around to meet others on the staff. This is to see how well you fit in, so make sure you are friendly, outgoing, and ask questions!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a conflict with a coworker and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

New Restaurant Opener Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Darden.

Interview

Apply Online, Then dress professionally with your resume and show up between 2:00-4:00 Monday thru Thursday. Ask to speak with the hiring manager or server manager

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a guest doesn't have an id but looks old enough to drink.?
      What's in popular alcoholic drinks.

Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Darden.

Interview

The process was really straight forward. I was called and asked to come in to talk to the partner of the new store. We talked for a few minutes about my past working history, I was asked to describe my favorite meal from my favorite restaurant. He said that since he was the new managing partner that training would start soon and could I make all the required days. I said yes and was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term career goals?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Darden.

Interview

The initial process was fairly short and straight forward: school, prior work experience, and why Darden. I previously worked for them during undergrad, so I included that in my conversation which was a bonus.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe Darden restaurants in a sentence?   1 Answer

I had a better offer.