Darden Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.3

Purchasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Great headquarters office. Three rounds of interviews took a month. In depth assessments to ensure a good fit for needs and culture of company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Darden (Carrollton, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

Apply online to get an interview in which is given based on the personality test score and work history. The interview requires you to talk to an assistant manager and then the general manager. They are both just trying to get a feel for your personality and attitude.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated a flexible schedule that would allow me to work two jobs.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Darden.

Interview

Was called in to interview for a new store opening. Arrived and filled out an availability form. Met with one manager, talked to him about my work ethic, previous serving experience, why I wanted to work for Darden, what I had to offer. Mostly conversational with a few questions asked by interviewer. Pretty relaxed, no high pressure. Was passed on for 2nd interview immediately following. Talked to him about what I am all about. Everyone was very professional yet conversational. Was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• "Name a time you went out of your way for a guest, did something special, etc" Everything else was pretty simple and as long as you have a personality you'll be fine   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Darden.

Interview

My interview was a four step process. Quick phone interview with area recruiter, in person interview with area recruiter, drug screening and final interview with Regional Director. The first interview was very general with scenario based questions. The final interview was over 3 hours in length as the Regional Director really tried to delve into my motivation, my personal goals, my current skills sets. I left that interview with such an excellent perception of the company that I would have spoken highly of their practices even if I had not been hired.

Interview Questions

• What can I do to help you get where you want to go with Darden?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for increased salary from my previous positon and they met me in the middle. I started the week after my interview.

Bartender/Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Darden.

Interview

I had the opportunity to be hired as a new store was opening. I loved it! All the opening management staff was friendly, optimistic, and energetic. My interview was basic questions. My training during the restaurant opening was the best experience I have had. It was like attending summer camp.

Server Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Darden (San Antonio, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online and got an e-mail the next day saying they would like to meet with me and to call and set up an appointment within the next two days I did and was scheduled for an interview the next day(Monday) I had my first interview then was scheduled for a second the next day where again I was scheduled for another interview the day after and was finally offered the job and accepted!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you felt a customer was dissatisfied with their meal and didn't say what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Myrtle Beach, Horry, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Darden (North Myrtle Beach, Horry, SC) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email inviting me to call to set up an interview 2 weeks later. Application online does include a personality test. Went for interview, there was about 40 other people there also for interviews. Was asked to fill out an availability form and a list of my last 3 employers and asked if they could be reached at that time, which was 5:30 p.m. on a Sunday. Interviewed at a booth with a manager which seemed to go well but was told at the end that they would call me if they were interested. A week later, received an email telling me that after careful consideration, they regretted to inform me that they could not offer me a position with their company.

Interview Questions

• What are some 3 legitimate reasons to either be late or call off from work.   Answer Question

Food Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Springfield, MA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Darden (West Springfield, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

2 interviews 2 weeks training

Negotiation

wasn't one

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Best process I've ever been a part of. They were organized and paid attention to every detail.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Darden.

Interview

Straight forward interview, tell us about your experience serving.

Interview Questions

• No the most difficult but a here is an example of what the interview questions are like: Name a time you had a difficult customer; what did you do.   Answer Question