Darden Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Darden (Woodbridge, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

Standard interview. They set a date and time, then just ask you questions. The interview was during lunch hours so don't be surprised if the manager gets called away to take care of another issue

Interview Questions

• What days can you work? What are your strongest skills   Answer Question

Negotiation

All servers get pain 2.15 an hour

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Darden.

Interview

Was contacted by a staffing agency. Got a phone interview (very technical) and then an in person interview with HR tests and talking with different people in the team. I was impressed everybody seemed very nice.

Busser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chambersburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Darden (Chambersburg, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

Scheduled interview, sat down with manager, typical questions, very polite and forward. Took a long time from when I applied for the position to receive a call for possible employment. 1:1 interview. Wasn't a difficult interview; you either were qualified and suited for the job or you weren't.

Interview Questions

• Do you have full availability, do you have any prior experience?   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Darden.

Interview

Interviewed with each manager before being hired. Also took a personality quiz.

Negotiation

no it was standard wage for a waitress. Tips are good though.

Bartender Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Darden.

Interview

Consists of two interviews, first with staffing manager, then with general manager. From my experience, if you make it past the first interview you have probably landed the job. After the second interview they will have you follow a current employee around to meet others on the staff. This is to see how well you fit in, so make sure you are friendly, outgoing, and ask questions!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a conflict with a coworker and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Darden (Watertown, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and then was emailed when selected for an interview. I called the manager to set up the interview. I went to the interview and she said that she really liked me and thought I would be a great addition to the team and asked me to call on Friday to schedule a 2nd interview with the general manager. I called three times on Friday and the general manager was never available (apparently, they were setting up for an event), but I left a message every time I called. No one ever called me back.

Interview Questions

• What type of restaurant experience do you have?   1 Answer

New Restaurant Opener Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Darden.

Interview

Apply Online, Then dress professionally with your resume and show up between 2:00-4:00 Monday thru Thursday. Ask to speak with the hiring manager or server manager

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a guest doesn't have an id but looks old enough to drink.? What's in popular alcoholic drinks.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Darden.

Interview

The process was really straight forward. I was called and asked to come in to talk to the partner of the new store. We talked for a few minutes about my past working history, I was asked to describe my favorite meal from my favorite restaurant. He said that since he was the new managing partner that training would start soon and could I make all the required days. I said yes and was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term career goals?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Darden.

Interview

The initial process was fairly short and straight forward: school, prior work experience, and why Darden. I previously worked for them during undergrad, so I included that in my conversation which was a bonus.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe Darden restaurants in a sentence?   1 Answer

I had a better offer.

Purchasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Great headquarters office. Three rounds of interviews took a month. In depth assessments to ensure a good fit for needs and culture of company.