Darden Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2015
Updated Mar 9, 2015

2.3

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Began with phone screening and then was invited to interview on-site with a full day of interviews. Interviewed with Brand Managers and directors. Was asked behavioral questions, all were expected and not very difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions were expected. Interviewers were very down-to-earth and easy to talk to. No case questions.   Answer Question

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heath, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heath, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Darden.

sat down in the lobby area with a manager, was asked easy questions mostly about a previous position.

Interview Questions
    • not really difficult questions, just the worst thing about my last job.   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Darden in September 2013.

Applied online and completed personality testing online. Was contacted a few days later via email to schedule a webcam interview. Interview with recruiter was about 45 minutes long. 5 Minutes into interview I was asked salary expectations and immediately told that I wouldn't make that with them so rest of interview was very pushed and almost like going through the motions by the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you once anticipated a guest's needs.   View Answer

Line Cook/Prep Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Darden in September 2013.

Hiring process is extensive and time consuming where you have to remind them you are scheduled for an interview. Why say your interested in talking to someone when you forget you have an appointment? Give the hard working new culinary prospects the respect they earned by jumping through your hoops.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do when your fellow employee constantly made a mess on the line?   View Answer
    • How did the interview go with my Executive Chef?   View Answer

Better job offer.

Olive Garden Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Darden in September 2013.

I was sent an e-mail to set up an interview. Within the week(I believe 3 days) I had my first interview. A 2nd interview followed the next day. Training started the following day.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Darden in September 2013.

Pretty basic restaurant employment questions. Nothing really hard. It is really nice if you can get both interviews done on the same day. Be prepared to start filling out paperwork after your second interview.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Darden.

If you have customer service experience or can show at you can provide great customer experience then it is an easy job to get.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions are straight forward. But there might be a lot of scenario or role playing questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiating for server position.

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Darden.

Interview process was very short and asked situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you have to anticipate a guests needs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Darden in August 2013.

Absolute worst interview experience I have ever had, and that is after just finishing a 2 hour corporate interview with 3 separate departments in another company, which was amazing, friendly, and professional. The preliminary application for Darden was online, and they send you an e-mail confirmation (check your junk box) asking you to call and set up an interview. That one-on-one interview was with an Assistant Managing Partner named Donald. He was brief and cold; it was like he didn't like me off the bat. He wasn't interested in my background or my experience, or even to take a moment to get to know me, all he wanted to do was follow a list of behavioral/psychological assessment questions, which he skipped through haphazardly and then thanked me for taking the time out of my busy day to meet with him.

Interview Questions
    • Looked at me point-blank and asked me what my idea of professionalism was.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Darden.

The application is online. If they like your application, they'll e-mail you and tell you to call them to set up an interview. There is usually a primary interview with one of the managers and if they like you, you'll then be interviewed by the Managing Partner. They will call your previous employers to verify your employment there. It was very relaxed and easy to answer honestly.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about the policy, "The customer is always right?"   Answer Question