Darden

Updated Feb 3, 2015
Updated Feb 3, 2015

2.3

Olive Garden Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Darden in September 2013.

I was sent an e-mail to set up an interview. Within the week(I believe 3 days) I had my first interview. A 2nd interview followed the next day. Training started the following day.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Darden in September 2013.

Pretty basic restaurant employment questions. Nothing really hard. It is really nice if you can get both interviews done on the same day. Be prepared to start filling out paperwork after your second interview.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Darden.

If you have customer service experience or can show at you can provide great customer experience then it is an easy job to get.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions are straight forward. But there might be a lot of scenario or role playing questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiating for server position.

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Darden.

Interview process was very short and asked situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you have to anticipate a guests needs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Darden in August 2013.

Absolute worst interview experience I have ever had, and that is after just finishing a 2 hour corporate interview with 3 separate departments in another company, which was amazing, friendly, and professional. The preliminary application for Darden was online, and they send you an e-mail confirmation (check your junk box) asking you to call and set up an interview. That one-on-one interview was with an Assistant Managing Partner named Donald. He was brief and cold; it was like he didn't like me off the bat. He wasn't interested in my background or my experience, or even to take a moment to get to know me, all he wanted to do was follow a list of behavioral/psychological assessment questions, which he skipped through haphazardly and then thanked me for taking the time out of my busy day to meet with him.

Interview Questions
    • Looked at me point-blank and asked me what my idea of professionalism was.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Darden.

The application is online. If they like your application, they'll e-mail you and tell you to call them to set up an interview. There is usually a primary interview with one of the managers and if they like you, you'll then be interviewed by the Managing Partner. They will call your previous employers to verify your employment there. It was very relaxed and easy to answer honestly.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about the policy, "The customer is always right?"   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Darden in July 2013.

Tell me about yourself, expected pay, previous experience?

Bartender/Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Darden in July 2013.

Was a straight forward interview.

Wasn't much to it, as far as servers go you get your 3 bucks an hour and thats that. I made sure I would get at least 30 hours a week and that was it.

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Darden.

Super easy.I had already been renewing my application because the first time they called, I couldn't make it to the interview so I applied again one night and I got a call the next day. Went in to wait for the interview, there were others there. The first was with the assistant manager; super chill. Pretty much just general questions, what kind of experience do you have, why Olive Garden, questions about how you would respond to certain situations. Then got a "peer interview" with one of the servers that's been there for a while. The Assistant manager told me to come back in two days for an interview with the GM. Same situation and questions pretty much.Talked to a current hostess. GM came back and said she wanted to hire me :)

Interview Questions
    Both interviews asked how much pay i'm looking for. I shot for like minimum wage in my state because I was desperate for a job but the AM said 8.25. But then the GM said only 8.00 because I didn't have previous experience.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, MS
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, MS

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Darden in June 2013.

bartender