Darden Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.3

Food Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Springfield, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Darden (West Springfield, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

2 interviews 2 weeks training

Negotiation

wasn't one

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Best process I've ever been a part of. They were organized and paid attention to every detail.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Darden.

Interview

Straight forward interview, tell us about your experience serving.

Interview Questions

• No the most difficult but a here is an example of what the interview questions are like: Name a time you had a difficult customer; what did you do.   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Interview

Began with phone screening and then was invited to interview on-site with a full day of interviews. Interviewed with Brand Managers and directors. Was asked behavioral questions, all were expected and not very difficult.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions were expected. Interviewers were very down-to-earth and easy to talk to. No case questions.   Answer Question

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Heath, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Darden (Heath, OH).

Interview

sat down in the lobby area with a manager, was asked easy questions mostly about a previous position.

Interview Questions

• not really difficult questions, just the worst thing about my last job.   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Darden (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online and completed personality testing online. Was contacted a few days later via email to schedule a webcam interview. Interview with recruiter was about 45 minutes long. 5 Minutes into interview I was asked salary expectations and immediately told that I wouldn't make that with them so rest of interview was very pushed and almost like going through the motions by the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you once anticipated a guest's needs.   1 Answer

Line Cook/Prep Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Darden (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Hiring process is extensive and time consuming where you have to remind them you are scheduled for an interview. Why say your interested in talking to someone when you forget you have an appointment? Give the hard working new culinary prospects the respect they earned by jumping through your hoops.

Interview Questions

• What did you do when your fellow employee constantly made a mess on the line?   1 Answer
    • How did the interview go with my Executive Chef?   1 Answer

Better job offer.

Olive Garden Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Darden in September 2013.

Interview

I was sent an e-mail to set up an interview. Within the week(I believe 3 days) I had my first interview. A 2nd interview followed the next day. Training started the following day.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Darden in September 2013.

Interview

Pretty basic restaurant employment questions. Nothing really hard. It is really nice if you can get both interviews done on the same day. Be prepared to start filling out paperwork after your second interview.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Darden.

Interview

If you have customer service experience or can show at you can provide great customer experience then it is an easy job to get.

Interview Questions

• All the questions are straight forward. But there might be a lot of scenario or role playing questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating for server position.