Darden

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Associate Brand Manager

Interviewed at Darden

Interview Details – Began with phone screening and then was invited to interview on-site with a full day of interviews. Interviewed with Brand Managers and directors. Was asked behavioral questions, all were expected and not very difficult.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions were expected. Interviewers were very down-to-earth and easy to talk to. No case questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Waitress Interview

Waitress
Heath, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Darden.

Interview Details – sat down in the lobby area with a manager, was asked easy questions mostly about a previous position.

Interview Question – not really difficult questions, just the worst thing about my last job.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Darden in October 2012.

Interview Details – Apply online, get an email if they are interested with a time to call the restaurant.
Basic questions about experience.

Interview Question – My personal restaurant threw in questions like, "if you had a million dollars and didn't have to work would you"   Answer Question

Server

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Darden.

Interview Details – If you have customer service experience or can show at you can provide great customer experience then it is an easy job to get.

Interview Question – All the questions are straight forward. But there might be a lot of scenario or role playing questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating for server position.

Server

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Darden.

Interview Details – Interview process was very short and asked situational questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you have to anticipate a guests needs.   Answer Question

Staffing Manager Interview

Staffing Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Darden in October 2011.

Interview Details – was a log process but worth it

Interview Question – what are my faults, what I need to work on for personal developement   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy

Lees Summit, MO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Darden in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was called in to have an interview with the hiring manager whom asked about my previous jobs and how much I needed to survive off of each month, then I was scheduled for a second interview with the General Manager whom went over some questions and hired me.

Interview Question – Can you tell me how much money you would need each month. (gave me a piece of paper and gave me time to figure out an exact amount).   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Associate Brand Manager
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Darden in March 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty straight forward – two phone interviews, a personality/aptitude test and then a on-site interview. The in person interview was about 6 hours starting at 10am and ending at 4pm. I had one-on-one sessions with 5 different interviewers that currently held similar roles at Daren.

Most of the questions revolved around my background and questions about their restaurants current positioning.

Interview Question – Which of our restaurants in targeting the wrong audience and how would you fix that?   Answer Question

Burlington, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Darden in August 2013.

Interview Details – Absolute worst interview experience I have ever had, and that is after just finishing a 2 hour corporate interview with 3 separate departments in another company, which was amazing, friendly, and professional. The preliminary application for Darden was online, and they send you an e-mail confirmation (check your junk box) asking you to call and set up an interview. That one-on-one interview was with an Assistant Managing Partner named Donald. He was brief and cold; it was like he didn't like me off the bat. He wasn't interested in my background or my experience, or even to take a moment to get to know me, all he wanted to do was follow a list of behavioral/psychological assessment questions, which he skipped through haphazardly and then thanked me for taking the time out of my busy day to meet with him.

Interview Question – Looked at me point-blank and asked me what my idea of professionalism was.   View Answer

Busser Interview

Busser

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Darden in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and a few days later they sent me an email telling me to call the manager within the next two days. I called them a day later and set up an interview. When I arrived at the interview, the manager admitted he didn't even have time to review my application so he did it in front of me. He seemed nice and confident until he asked me what I'm doing for work now. I said Nothing this would be my first job. He said because of my experience and their budget they wouldn't be able to train me.