Darden

Updated Dec 7, 2014

2.3

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Darden in October 2012.

45 minutes. half the time reviewed my experience and resume and the other half was technical questions left by 5 minutes for me to ask questions.

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Darden in September 2012.

Phone interview with HR manager, followed by phone interview with Brand Director. Then a skills assessment online. Then onsite interviews in Orlando - I believe it was a total of 6 interviews (Brand Director level and up) plus lunch with a Brand Manager (for a peer perspective).

Interview questions were primarily behavioral based - typical CPG-style interview.

Interview Questions
    • If someone were to make a movie about you, what would it be called?   Answer Question

Offer was very good for the industry, but less competitive than other offers received.

Bartender At Seasons52 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Darden in September 2012.

Very thorough 1st interview. Definitely want to know what makes you unique. Good questions asked but rather formal in tone considering the nature of the job.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a negative experience you turned into a positive.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, IN

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Darden in September 2012.

The interview process was very lengthy , I had an original email in July from a recruiting manager, she didn't end up calling until around September. After my phone interview , I had a one on one interview with two regional managers. They asked questions on customer interactions and employee confrontations.

Interview Questions
    • They had asked me to answer several questions about customer interactions like if there was a problem how you would handle it. Everything thing else was rather basic.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Darden in September 2012.

very easy. apply online and go through 3 interviews usually on the same day. then a week of classroom training. menu and beverage tests and you are on the floor making money.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Darden in August 2012.

there is usually two interviews its going to take about a month before you can actually start working.

Interview Questions
    i had the opportunity to negotiate salary, always always always ask before you accept

Executive Chef Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Darden in July 2012.

Was a thorough interview process. Seemed like a great company to work for. The district Manager made it sound great and sugar coated position for what it really was.

Interview Questions
    Easy, I got what I wanted.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Darden in July 2012.

The interview was fairly easy. I was asked why I would be a good candidate for this position and what character traits I felt were necessary for the job. The manager was courteous and easy to talk to. I was then given a tour of the kitchen so I could get a feel for the atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • In the past, how did you handle a conflict with another employee?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liberty, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liberty, MO

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Darden in June 2012.

I applied for a position as a server at Olive Garden and one week later received an email to schedule an interview. I then the next day received a phone call asking to set up an interview. They schedule my interview for the following day. Once there I sat with one of the managers for about 5 minutes. She asked me to wait for a few minutes while she got one of her employees to show me around the restaurant (Which counts as the second, peer interview). Once finished with that I met with another manager for a few minutes. When she completed asking me questions, she asked me to wait for a moment so I could speak with the restaurant manager. I then spoke with the restaurant manager who offered me a position as a server. The whole process took about 2 hours. I started 2 days later for orientation. I was told however that they normally do not hire so quickly. Usually it's a 3 part interview.

Interview Questions
    • What brought you to Olive Garden? My answer was so simple, however I felt the need to beef it up a little so it kind of caught me off gaurd.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate at all. The position was a base hourly rate of 3.43 plus tips.

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Darden in May 2012.

Great meeting with General Manager and Director. Amazing professionalism and benefits offered. I may still take the job, but still interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you considering leaving your current position?   Answer Question

Still Interviewing.