Darden Line Cook Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Darden (Virginia Beach, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

Tell me about yourself, expected pay, previous experience?

Other Interview Reviews for Darden

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Darden (Paramus, NJ) in December 2012.

Interview

It was before restaurant open to public. It was a group of people interviewing. Depending on job applying for you spoke to specific manager. Received tour of establishment. Manager reviewed benefits & salary. When I was hired, I had phone interview to go over W2 forms.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Darden (Canton, GA) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. I was asked why I would be a good candidate for this position and what character traits I felt were necessary for the job. The manager was courteous and easy to talk to. I was then given a tour of the kitchen so I could get a feel for the atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• In the past, how did you handle a conflict with another employee?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moosic, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Darden (Moosic, PA) in February 2012.

Interview

Pretty easy when you personally know the Kitchen Manager. They didn't try and make me fell dumb they just went over an overview of what they wanted out of me and my role in the kitchen as a lead cook. I started the same day!!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they offered me $12.00 to start and I accepted. and started that night!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Darden (Morgantown, WV) in June 2010.

Interview

When I was hired I was told by my manager that I was hired because my handshake was very good.

Interview Questions

• The GM asked me if I smoked weed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Darden (Manchester, NH) in January 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed in a group setting. We then were given some information packets to review and go over and then taken to the kitchen for a tour.

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Darden in June 2009.

Interview

i just show very well dressed, with tie, long shirt, and i said, i dont have planes to move in 2 or 3 years, I'm very fast, i know how to listen, and follow the recipe, there is nothing i can't do and i have the willingness to lear.

Interview Questions

• would you do any other position like dish washer if needed?   1 Answer
    • would you run trash when needed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

they want to people with full available time, or two jobs in the restaurant business, kids, that you really need a job, and your life depend on it, because if you go there and you say something like i live with my parents, i don't have another job, i 'm just studding right now, but i want some extra money to save for a trip or x reason, they will take you as your 2nd choice, people like that usually just work for a few days, then they quit as soon they realize that is not so fun and that the job is hard, and dirty.