Darden

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Darden in July 2013.

Interview Details – Tell me about yourself, expected pay, previous experience?

Negotiation Details – Easy

Morgantown, WV

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Darden in June 2010.

Interview Details – When I was hired I was told by my manager that I was hired because my handshake was very good.

Interview Question – The GM asked me if I smoked weed.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiations

Canton, GA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Darden in July 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was fairly easy. I was asked why I would be a good candidate for this position and what character traits I felt were necessary for the job. The manager was courteous and easy to talk to. I was then given a tour of the kitchen so I could get a feel for the atmosphere.

Interview Question – In the past, how did you handle a conflict with another employee?   Answer Question

Manchester, NH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Darden in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed in a group setting. We then were given some information packets to review and go over and then taken to the kitchen for a tour.

Interview Question – All straight forward questions.   Answer Question

Line Cook

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Darden in June 2009.

Interview Details – i just show very well dressed, with tie, long shirt, and i said, i dont have planes to move in 2 or 3 years, I'm very fast, i know how to listen, and follow the recipe, there is nothing i can't do and i have the willingness to lear.

Interview Questions

• would you do any other position like dish washer if needed?   View Answer
  • would you run trash when needed?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they want to people with full available time, or two jobs in the restaurant business, kids, that you really need a job, and your life depend on it, because if you go there and you say something like i live with my parents, i don't have another job, i 'm just studding right now, but i want some extra money to save for a trip or x reason, they will take you as your 2nd choice, people like that usually just work for a few days, then they quit as soon they realize that is not so fun and that the job is hard, and dirty.

Worked for Darden? Contribute to the Community!