Darden

Updated Jul 21, 2014

2.6

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager Interview

interviewed with other GMs and an HR person. I was promoted from within and knew the right people. Outsiders don't fit in very well when they are hired. You should really understand all of the positions before you should manage here. Outside managers are not as successful. Even though I would love to see outside influence within the company.

Other Interview Reviews for Darden

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, IN

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Darden in September 2012.

The interview process was very lengthy , I had an original email in July from a recruiting manager, she didn't end up calling until around September. After my phone interview , I had a one on one interview with two regional managers. They asked questions on customer interactions and employee confrontations.

Interview Questions
    • They had asked me to answer several questions about customer interactions like if there was a problem how you would handle it. Everything thing else was rather basic.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Darden in February 2010.

depends on who you know

not difficult

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Darden in June 2008.

first some calls you and interviews you. then you interview with the district manager. Then the person that originally interviewed you over the phone calls you back and offers you a job. IF you don't get a call they decided not to hire you. Easy questions on the phone most are common sense

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Darden in May 2010.

rotated between three rounds of interviews with two people each.

Manager Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Darden in May 2008.

The sent me to home office in Orlando after I had an interview with the local director of operations. I met one on one with higher management and they asked me about what I could bring to the company if I was accepted as a manager to their team and I told them how Iong I have been with the company and how passionate I am about the company's core values and what the company has done for me. I said what I learned over the years on my own and what knowledge I gained from working with other managers and GMs that I l would be easily transitioned into becoming a manager for this company because it was like second nature to me already.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe your strongest and weakest asset to the company?   Answer Question