Darden

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Darden in February 2010.

Interview Details – depends on who you know

Interview Question – name three animals   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not difficult

Portage, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Darden in September 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was very lengthy , I had an original email in July from a recruiting manager, she didn't end up calling until around September. After my phone interview , I had a one on one interview with two regional managers. They asked questions on customer interactions and employee confrontations.

Interview Question – They had asked me to answer several questions about customer interactions like if there was a problem how you would handle it. Everything thing else was rather basic.   Answer Question

Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Darden in June 2008.

Interview Details – first some calls you and interviews you. then you interview with the district manager. Then the person that originally interviewed you over the phone calls you back and offers you a job. IF you don't get a call they decided not to hire you. Easy questions on the phone most are common sense

Interview Question – some P&L questions   Answer Question

Manager

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Darden in May 2008.

Interview Details – The sent me to home office in Orlando after I had an interview with the local director of operations. I met one on one with higher management and they asked me about what I could bring to the company if I was accepted as a manager to their team and I told them how Iong I have been with the company and how passionate I am about the company's core values and what the company has done for me. I said what I learned over the years on my own and what knowledge I gained from working with other managers and GMs that I l would be easily transitioned into becoming a manager for this company because it was like second nature to me already.

Interview Question – How would you describe your strongest and weakest asset to the company?   Answer Question

Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Darden in May 2010.

Interview Details – rotated between three rounds of interviews with two people each.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Darden

Worked for Darden? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Darden Manager interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Darden employees and interview candidates.