Darden Olive Garden Host Interview Questions & Reviews

3 interviews

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Olive Garden Host Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Darden in March 2013.

I was sent an e-mail several weeks after applying online to set up an interview within two days if I was interested in the position. I called and was put on hold for about 20 minutes, briefly interviewed, and proceeded to set up the interview for that Thursday. Upon arrival, I was directed by the hostess to sit in the cafe area and wait for my interviewer. Turns out the person who was supposed to interview me was not able to make it to the interview, so I was interviewed by the sales manager. She requested that I return later that afternoon for another interview with the front of house manager, however, I was unavailable at that time so scheduled for an interview the next day. This interview went seemingly well, and I was asked to be interviewed a third time by the general manager of the restaurant. Once again, this interview seemed to go very well. He told me he thought I would be well suited for the host position and told me that he thought I would be a good fit for the team. We discussed pay, dress code, and schedules, and he informed me that I should be called within the next two weeks about attending orientation as they were in the process of setting them up. Two weeks came and went, but I received no call. I decided to call the restaurant to see if an orientation had been scheduled and told them that I was still interested in the position. I was put on hold only to be informed that the training manager was in a meeting (go figure) and that she said, "If we need you, we'll call you". I held out for a couple more weeks, but after no word from them it was clear that I was not hired. Two months later, I received an e-mail informing me that I had not been chosen for the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Darden

Olive Garden Host Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Darden in February 2013.

I interview with the manager after waiting 15 minutes for her to gather my paperwork. I talked to the host that was working, and we got along really well. I asked her some questions about her position and how she liked her job, hoping she would pass on a good word to management.

Finally the manager came out to meet me, we sat in a booth. She went over my resume and asked me a few questions about my availability and my experience. I don't have restaurant experience but have always been interested in working with food. I complimented the restaurant, the food, etc and she seemed to appreciate that.

I left feeling really good about my interview, and she reassured that she'd call within a week or so. Well, it's been almost 2 weeks so I'll put this interview down as a 'rejection,' which is really disappointing.

Interview Questions

Host Olive Garden Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Clarita, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Darden in February 2013.

My friend works there and she told me to come in because they were hiring. I spoke to one of the managers who liked me. I was very polite and she called me 2 days ago to come in today at 245. I brought a copy of my resume and a pen an paper, i feel it makes me look more official lol. The first guy was a manager who just asked me general questions. The General manger then came to talk with me and it was pretty casual, just reiterating some questions, and they both seemed to like me:::: why you wanna work here, why you're a team player, how you deal with an angry customer, availability, where I go to school, where I live, my experience, dealt with a bad cowerker - I talked a lot but just enough to get to the next question, saed said I will DEFINITLY get a call back saying wht to do next! So ill follow up tomorrow :D No offer but it ended on a very positive note in my book. The word DEFINITLY was used like 3 times by the GM and i feel thats a good sign.

Worked for Darden? Contribute to the Community!