Darden Interview Questions in Orlando, FL

Updated Feb 28, 2015

2.7

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

They take their recruitment process pretty seriously, investing the amount of time necessary to learn about each candidate they contact. It takes a little while, but they're courteous along the way and always keep you updated. The recruiter contacted me via email and we had a phone screening a few days later. She had me take a skills assessment and then after a few days she invited me to interview in person at a later date. In-person interviews were 2 hours, very organized, and they are extremely welcoming.

Sustainability Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

I first interviewed with HR over the phone. This was followed by a personality test. Then, a video interview with the director and VP. I finally got a face to in Orlando and met several VP's and directors during a days worth of interviews - long day.

Interview Questions

• What makes you different than other people?   Answer Question
    • Explain your experice with x programs or knowledge of sustainability.   Answer Question

Purchasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Great headquarters office. Three rounds of interviews took a month. In depth assessments to ensure a good fit for needs and culture of company.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Best process I've ever been a part of. They were organized and paid attention to every detail.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward – two phone interviews, a personality/aptitude test and then a on-site interview. The in person interview was about 6 hours starting at 10am and ending at 4pm. I had one-on-one sessions with 5 different interviewers that currently held similar roles at Daren. Most of the questions revolved around my background and questions about their restaurants current positioning.

Interview Questions

• Which of our restaurants in targeting the wrong audience and how would you fix that?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

45 minutes. half the time reviewed my experience and resume and the other half was technical questions left by 5 minutes for me to ask questions.

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with HR manager, followed by phone interview with Brand Director. Then a skills assessment online. Then onsite interviews in Orlando - I believe it was a total of 6 interviews (Brand Director level and up) plus lunch with a Brand Manager (for a peer perspective). Interview questions were primarily behavioral based - typical CPG-style interview.

Interview Questions

• If someone were to make a movie about you, what would it be called?   Answer Question

Offer was very good for the industry, but less competitive than other offers received.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

there is usually two interviews its going to take about a month before you can actually start working.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i had the opportunity to negotiate salary, always always always ask before you accept

Server Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied for the position online and received an email saying they'd like to meet me and gave me a number to call. I called and was able to set up a one on one interview for the next day. The interview was extremely easy asking basic questions such as "Why do you want to work here?". They called me later that day saying they wanted me to come back for a second interview. They asked personal questions to get to know about me in this interview, still very basic. I received an email only hours later saying they were not interested in employing me.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Darden (Orlando, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

I underwent 2 separate interviews with the bar manager and the general manager. I was told that I was interviewing for a bartending position. However, I was told at the end of the second interview that the whole process was actually for a server, not a bar tending position. It would have been more professional and considerate to inform the interviewee that they were changing the job title before the second interview occurred.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the POS system broke down and no payments we're able to be completed?   Answer Question

I was under the impression that I was interviewing for a bartender position but they informed me at the time of the offer that it was changed to a server position without informing me prior to the interviews.