Darden

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director/Communications Interview

Director/Communications
Orlando, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Darden in April 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen then I came for first round of interviews in Orlando. Met with mostly communication colleagues for about 6 hours including one hour with hiring manager. Was notified within a week that I they would like me to advance to the final round which included a day-long assessment with Aon and then a second round of interviews in Orlando. I completed the 10+ hours of assessments with Aon near my hometown then came to Orlando the following week for final round of interviews. At the end of the day I was presented an offer before leaving.

Interview Question – I found all the interviews to be very conversational. No behavioral based interviewing techniques used which surprised me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for more on base pay which they would not move on, but they did increase my sign on bonus. I accepted.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Darden in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process can be quite long at Darden, when I came on-board it took over two full months from my initial application to offer letter. If a candidate reaches the second round, there is often an analytic assessment that is quite daunting (depending on the position applied for), it is much like the SAT/GRE/ etc.

Interview Question – Different managers asked different questions at their discretion, but there is often a question that revolves around communication style, a question about diversity, and a question about your professional goals and how you plan to achieve them. It is a very "friendly" environment that often relies on person-ability above all else, where managers opt for face-to-face meetings over electronic communication whenever the opportunity arises.   View Answer

Purchasing Manager Interview

Purchasing Manager
Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Darden.

Interview Details – Great headquarters office. Three rounds of interviews took a month. In depth assessments to ensure a good fit for needs and culture of company.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult or off topic.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Darden in April 2009.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews, and full day of in person interviews in Orlando with 4 separate executives. Also took a wonderlick style test. Lunch with hiring manager.

Interview Question – Something about the future value of cash flows on a rental property....   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiation was easy, they were willing to give concessions

Director Interview

Director
Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Darden.

Interview Details – Best process I've ever been a part of. They were organized and paid attention to every detail.

Very Easy Interview

Server Interview

Server
Orlando, FL

I interviewed at Darden in April 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process like herding cattle to the slaughter. Manager knew less about the job than applicant. Worst interview I ever had. Manager did not even pay attention to my answers; he was glassy eyed from the revolving door of applicants.

Interview Question – Manager asked me to role play a difficult situation. It would have been a good technique if he had paid attention to my answer. He was looking over my shoulder at a worker the whole time and interrupted my answer to yell across the dining room at him.   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Associate Brand Manager
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Darden in March 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty straight forward – two phone interviews, a personality/aptitude test and then a on-site interview. The in person interview was about 6 hours starting at 10am and ending at 4pm. I had one-on-one sessions with 5 different interviewers that currently held similar roles at Daren.

Most of the questions revolved around my background and questions about their restaurants current positioning.

Interview Question – Which of our restaurants in targeting the wrong audience and how would you fix that?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Darden in August 2012.

Interview Details – there is usually two interviews its going to take about a month before you can actually start working.

Interview Question – none really they were all very simple   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i had the opportunity to negotiate salary, always always always ask before you accept

Brand Manager Interview

Brand Manager
Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Darden in September 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR manager, followed by phone interview with Brand Director. Then a skills assessment online. Then onsite interviews in Orlando - I believe it was a total of 6 interviews (Brand Director level and up) plus lunch with a Brand Manager (for a peer perspective).

Interview questions were primarily behavioral based - typical CPG-style interview.

Interview Question – If someone were to make a movie about you, what would it be called?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offer was very good for the industry, but less competitive than other offers received.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Darden in October 2012.

Interview Details – 45 minutes. half the time reviewed my experience and resume and the other half was technical questions left by 5 minutes for me to ask questions.

Interview Question – Why do you want to live in Florida?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Darden? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Darden interview questions and advice in Orlando, FL. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Darden employees and interview candidates.