Darden

Relevance Date Difficulty

Proofreading Specialist Interview

Proofreading Specialist
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Darden in January 2010.

Interview Details – I first applied online through Darden's online application process. My uncle also works there (uncle-in-law, really), and he personally delivered my resume to the HR recruiter, who, I was told, had a very positive reaction to it. Thus, we were pretty sure I would get at least one interview.

I ended up having 3 interviews for this position. First, I was contacted by the HR recruiter in December 2009, and we discussed my resume and experiences for about 30 minutes. She asked me very general questions. At the end of our conversation, she asked to schedule a second interview, again with just her.

The second interview (end of December 2009) was a more in-depth questioning about my background, why I wanted to work for Darden, how my skills would apply to the job, etc. She also asked questions about challenges I've faced, what my boss would say about me, what challenges I think I would have in the new position, etc. She also gave me time to ask questions, and she obliged when I asked for a tour. The tour was great, of course, and she walked me around the first floor so I could see the entry, eating area, cafeteria, health center, and fitness center. As she walked me out, I was told that she would get back with me to schedule an interview with the managers and to take proofreading and personality tests.

The recruiter called me back and scheduled a third interview (January 2010) with the manager and department manager that I would be working under. These were 2 separate interviews, one with each person. Again, they both went over my resume and asked me general questions about how my qualifications would work in the position. Again, they each gave me time to ask questions at the end. No tests, though, even though I was told there might be two at this interview.

After that, I wrote my thank-you notes and waited.

I didn't hear back from anybody for five weeks, when finally the recruiter called me to tell me that they had decided to move forward with another candidate. I was disappointed, especially since I had never had the chance to take any test to prove my skills.

Overall, the experience was great, though, and the interviews were fun and enjoyable. Everyone was very pleasant and professional, and I'm still very motivated to find a job and start a career there.

Interview Question – What was your least favorite job experience and what was your favorite job experience?   Answer Question

Worked for Darden? Contribute to the Community!