Darden Restaurant Manager Interview Questions

2.8

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Darden in January 2015.

Interview

The process was great, the Area Director was insightful and professional. First interview was with the recruiter on skype, I really felt at ease and they did not hammer me with the same questions you always get so I found that refreshing. Next interview was with the Area Director in person like I said he was great. Had another interview with the Partner of a location and he just told me what to expect in the position.

Interview Questions

• I found it amazing the director wanted to talk about kids and life and seemed to really care.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much of a negotiation got more than I asked for plus relocation.

Other Interview Reviews for Darden

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Darden (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Phone interview was a welcomed challenge. It was about 1hr 30 minutes long. I enjoyed my interview by phone. He did his job to the fullest and I thanked him for challenging me. Most phone interviews were a joke in comparison. I enjoyed being challenged by his interview process and skills. The in personal interview with the director took 2 hours, I enjoyed it as well. He cared about my abilities, he asked the same question in many different ways. I felt respected and that he was concerned about me fitting in with what Darden needed and my skills sets. He was a welcomed challenge as well. Most times as a female manager, past experience with interviews were such a joke, but I was very excited that my mind was challenged. Excuse me if I sound narcissistic, not intended. I love working in the restaurant industry.

Interview Questions

• How to go above and beyond guest expectations to wow them?   1 Answer
    • None   1 Answer

Negotiation

I requested what I was worth and was told we don't usually hire at that rate. I replied that I was more than worth every penny and more. Two days later I was offered $2k less. I am here to put my all in and welcomed all challenges. I am not afraid to learn new aspects of my job to make me sharper at what I do best, dazzle every guest. It feels great when the day was a challenge. I earn every penny. I will not sit in an office, I am on the floor, in the trenches with my crewmembers.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Darden.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very professional. Long in depth process but was well worth the time. There were many phone calls and emails over the weeks. In addition, the recruiter was very knowledgeable about her job and helped make it all smooth. All in all, I highly recommend this company.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to leave your current job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a bit long but when the offer was made I was happy to know that the company tried very hard to meet my needs to make me feel comfortable about switching positions.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Darden.

Interview

My interview was a four step process. Quick phone interview with area recruiter, in person interview with area recruiter, drug screening and final interview with Regional Director. The first interview was very general with scenario based questions. The final interview was over 3 hours in length as the Regional Director really tried to delve into my motivation, my personal goals, my current skills sets. I left that interview with such an excellent perception of the company that I would have spoken highly of their practices even if I had not been hired.

Interview Questions

• What can I do to help you get where you want to go with Darden?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for increased salary from my previous positon and they met me in the middle. I started the week after my interview.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Darden (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online and completed personality testing online. Was contacted a few days later via email to schedule a webcam interview. Interview with recruiter was about 45 minutes long. 5 Minutes into interview I was asked salary expectations and immediately told that I wouldn't make that with them so rest of interview was very pushed and almost like going through the motions by the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you once anticipated a guest's needs.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Darden (Tampa, FL) in December 2010.

Interview

The interview process was very drawn out for me. I was hired back in December but no communication was made about when I would start until February. The talent manager seemed very unorganized as he was trying to start managers at various locations around florida.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were pretty standard, no out of left field questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Darden (Fargo, ND) in June 2010.

Interview

Dress professionally to the interview. Darden cares about how well kept you look. Make sure you know the company prior to the interview and prepare questions to ask at the end of the interview. The current process is to apply on line and fill out the assessment. in a week or so the Talent Recruiter calls to conduct a phone interview. Remember to be upbeat throughout the interview. My suggestion is to connect with the recruiter in the first couple of minutes before getting down to business.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were basic and looked for how to apply my current experience as a future leader for Darden.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Darden (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2008.

Interview

I had applied because a former colleague recommended the company to me. Over the course of the four and a half month interview process, I believe that I had nine interviews with three different people. A few weeks would pass and I'd get called to another interview. Toward the end, I had gotten upset and had asked the person on the phone to please explain their interview process to me. The conversation went from an invitation to my tenth interview to a request for a drug test. Fortunately, I was employed elsewhere during this process.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, there weren't any difficult questions. Some situation based behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Darden (Tucson, AZ) in January 2008.

Interview

The interview started online by submitting your resume. You will receive an e-mail confirmation right away saying they received it. After a day or two, if they are interested, you will be contacted by the Division HR. They will send you another e-mail with all the paper work to set up the first initial interview. In my case, they were having a mass hiring the week I submitted so I my 1:1 was crowded. You either interview with the Division HR rep. or with the Director of the region you will be working with. That interview took appox. 1 hour. Questions ranged from work history to education experiences. After that, like most companies, thanked me for coming out and that they would contact me with an answer soon. About 3 days later I was contacted by the Division HR director. That was a final interview but lead up to a personality test that had to be taken online and it was timed. Once I passed that, I was offered a job. The job is great if you are not looking to move up in a company at a normal pace. I started off as a Manager and was told that my further education would be supported. I later found out that was a lie. As a manager of a restaurant you are asked to work 50 plus hour days. It is impossible to go to Grad school and do that job. The company also does not reimburse online classes, so in reality, they do not support further education because its impossible to take traditional classroom courses. The company was fun to work for and the learning experience was amazing. If you dont like thinking outside the box and managing without thinking much, I'd recommend this job. If you want a challenge and a great opportunity to move up from experience and education, I'd recommend to pass.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when a guest made you upset and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay is negotiable to an extent. They already know how much they will pay you, its a matter of them convincing you to that number.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Darden in March 2012.

Interview

Applied online. The application consisted of the CV, resume, a personality/skills test. A brief phone interview with an HR assistant. A Skype interview with an HR assistant. An one-one-one interview with a Regional Director. A preliminary job offer in a couple of weeks. A drug test, a background check.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything that you hate to do at your current work place? What is it?   Answer Question