Darden Restaurant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2014

2.6

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Darden.

Typical hurry up and wait process 50 phone calls and emails back and forth, set up drug testing for you as far away from your location as could possible be.

Interview Questions
  • what would you do? answer it then have the interviewer add to the scenario answer that them throw something else into it.   Answer Question
no negotiations gave me more that I asked for

Other Interview Reviews for Darden

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Darden.

The hiring and interview process was very professional. Long in depth process but was well worth the time. There were many phone calls and emails over the weeks. In addition, the recruiter was very knowledgeable about her job and helped make it all smooth. All in all, I highly recommend this company.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to leave your current job?   View Answer
    It was a bit long but when the offer was made I was happy to know that the company tried very hard to meet my needs to make me feel comfortable about switching positions.

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Darden.

My interview was a four step process. Quick phone interview with area recruiter, in person interview with area recruiter, drug screening and final interview with Regional Director. The first interview was very general with scenario based questions. The final interview was over 3 hours in length as the Regional Director really tried to delve into my motivation, my personal goals, my current skills sets. I left that interview with such an excellent perception of the company that I would have spoken highly of their practices even if I had not been hired.

Interview Questions
    • What can I do to help you get where you want to go with Darden?   View Answer
    I asked for increased salary from my previous positon and they met me in the middle. I started the week after my interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Darden in September 2013.

Applied online and completed personality testing online. Was contacted a few days later via email to schedule a webcam interview. Interview with recruiter was about 45 minutes long. 5 Minutes into interview I was asked salary expectations and immediately told that I wouldn't make that with them so rest of interview was very pushed and almost like going through the motions by the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you once anticipated a guest's needs.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Darden in December 2010.

The interview process was very drawn out for me. I was hired back in December but no communication was made about when I would start until February. The talent manager seemed very unorganized as he was trying to start managers at various locations around florida.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were pretty standard, no out of left field questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Darden in June 2010.

Dress professionally to the interview. Darden cares about how well kept you look. Make sure you know the company prior to the interview and prepare questions to ask at the end of the interview. The current process is to apply on line and fill out the assessment. in a week or so the Talent Recruiter calls to conduct a phone interview. Remember to be upbeat throughout the interview. My suggestion is to connect with the recruiter in the first couple of minutes before getting down to business.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were basic and looked for how to apply my current experience as a future leader for Darden.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Darden in April 2008.

I had applied because a former colleague recommended the company to me. Over the course of the four and a half month interview process, I believe that I had nine interviews with three different people. A few weeks would pass and I'd get called to another interview. Toward the end, I had gotten upset and had asked the person on the phone to please explain their interview process to me. The conversation went from an invitation to my tenth interview to a request for a drug test. Fortunately, I was employed elsewhere during this process.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, there weren't any difficult questions. Some situation based behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Darden in January 2008.

The interview started online by submitting your resume. You will receive an e-mail confirmation right away saying they received it. After a day or two, if they are interested, you will be contacted by the Division HR. They will send you another e-mail with all the paper work to set up the first initial interview. In my case, they were having a mass hiring the week I submitted so I my 1:1 was crowded. You either interview with the Division HR rep. or with the Director of the region you will be working with. That interview took appox. 1 hour. Questions ranged from work history to education experiences. After that, like most companies, thanked me for coming out and that they would contact me with an answer soon. About 3 days later I was contacted by the Division HR director. That was a final interview but lead up to a personality test that had to be taken online and it was timed. Once I passed that, I was offered a job. The job is great if you are not looking to move up in a company at a normal pace. I started off as a Manager and was told that my further education would be supported. I later found out that was a lie. As a manager of a restaurant you are asked to work 50 plus hour days. It is impossible to go to Grad school and do that job. The company also does not reimburse online classes, so in reality, they do not support further education because its impossible to take traditional classroom courses. The company was fun to work for and the learning experience was amazing. If you dont like thinking outside the box and managing without thinking much, I'd recommend this job. If you want a challenge and a great opportunity to move up from experience and education, I'd recommend to pass.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when a guest made you upset and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Pay is negotiable to an extent. They already know how much they will pay you, its a matter of them convincing you to that number.

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Darden in March 2012.

Applied online. The application consisted of the CV, resume, a personality/skills test. A brief phone interview with an HR assistant. A Skype interview with an HR assistant. An one-one-one interview with a Regional Director. A preliminary job offer in a couple of weeks. A drug test, a background check.

Interview Questions
    • Is there anything that you hate to do at your current work place? What is it?   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Darden in April 2011.

After initial resume submission there were several contacts. Some of the people with whom I spoke to were Area Director, Director of talent acquisition, general manager, managers.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no difficult questions.   View Answer
    If you have the experience and are in particular markets, you are able to negotiate salary.