Darden Server Bartender Interview Questions

Updated Dec 7, 2014
Updated Dec 7, 2014

2.0

Bartender/Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Darden (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Two interviews were required. My first interview was centered on experience. Questions included how to handle difficult guests, examples of up-selling, and drink knowledge for a position behind the bar. Finally, a personality test. Took about 30 minutes, asked the same questions in different ways to see if you're being honest.

Interview Questions

• "Sell me a Coke." I can think of great descriptions for lots of dishes, but a beverage? Without alcohol? That was the hardest question.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Darden

Bartender/Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Darden.

Interview

I had the opportunity to be hired as a new store was opening. I loved it! All the opening management staff was friendly, optimistic, and energetic. My interview was basic questions. My training during the restaurant opening was the best experience I have had. It was like attending summer camp.

Bartender/Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Darden in July 2013.

Interview

Was a straight forward interview.

Negotiation

Wasn't much to it, as far as servers go you get your 3 bucks an hour and thats that. I made sure I would get at least 30 hours a week and that was it.

Bartender/Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Darden (Woodbridge, NJ) in October 2011.

Interview

I believe the interview process for hourly employees was good.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No I was not.

Server Bartender Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Darden (Akron, OH) in October 2008.

Interview

Quick! phone interview then a one on one then a group interview. They gave me a skills test and then a personality test. managers were professional and I felt that the interview was a breeze.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no make sure you get a job where it is a busy location.