Darden

Average Difficulty
61 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pasadena, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Darden in September 2012.

Interview Details – very easy. apply online and go through 3 interviews usually on the same day. then a week of classroom training. menu and beverage tests and you are on the floor making money.

Interview Question – none. it is a very basic interview.   Answer Question

San Bernardino, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Darden in September 2010.

Interview Details – Come dressed to impress. Almost anyone can be a server if they are personable, professional, neat and courteous. Show that off in your interview! Another benefit of Darden (specifically Olive Garden) is that no prior experience is necessary. Once hired you are put through a 8-5 training class for a week that will prepare you for your role as a server. Remember to be yourself and not to sell yourself.

Interview Question – What would you do to go above and beyond for a guest?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a negotiation phase, they offered me the job after a day or two and i accepted.

Surprise, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Darden in September 2010.

Interview Details – Took a while to get hired. i had to go through four interviews with four different managers.

Interview Question – What do you expect from me as a manager?   Answer Question

Server

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Darden.

Interview Details – The process was really straight forward. I was called and asked to come in to talk to the partner of the new store. We talked for a few minutes about my past working history, I was asked to describe my favorite meal from my favorite restaurant. He said that since he was the new managing partner that training would start soon and could I make all the required days. I said yes and was offered a job.

Interview Question – What are your long term career goals?   View Answer

Dickson City, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Darden in March 2011.

Interview Details – applied and contacted within a week. Brought in for an interview and a peer review with in the same week. Easy interview questions and will hire even without experience serving. They train you to do things their way anyway.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Pretty cut and dry. They just try and get a feel for your personality and your expectations.   Answer Question

Medina, OH

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Darden in September 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process occurred because I called Longhorn to check on my application. During the call, they asked to set up an interview. My interview was with the general manager first and then the line manager.
The interview contained basic questions about why I wanted to work at Darden (Longhorn) and what attracted me to the restaurant.
They offer a week of training during the beginning, which was very helpful, and the other servers are very helpful when I had questions.

Interview Question – They asked me to describe a situation where I had experienced an obstacle, and to describe how I overcame it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation because the wages are based upon tips received.

Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Darden in May 2012.

Interview Details – Very basic interview. Mostly situational questions.

Interview Question – What was a time when you had a conflict with a manager and what did you do?   Answer Question

Server

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Darden.

Interview Details – Was called in to interview for a new store opening. Arrived and filled out an availability form. Met with one manager, talked to him about my work ethic, previous serving experience, why I wanted to work for Darden, what I had to offer. Mostly conversational with a few questions asked by interviewer. Pretty relaxed, no high pressure. Was passed on for 2nd interview immediately following. Talked to him about what I am all about. Everyone was very professional yet conversational. Was offered the position.

Interview Question – "Name a time you went out of your way for a guest, did something special, etc" Everything else was pretty simple and as long as you have a personality you'll be fine   Answer Question

North Myrtle Beach, Horry, SC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Darden in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received an email inviting me to call to set up an interview 2 weeks later. Application online does include a personality test. Went for interview, there was about 40 other people there also for interviews. Was asked to fill out an availability form and a list of my last 3 employers and asked if they could be reached at that time, which was 5:30 p.m. on a Sunday. Interviewed at a booth with a manager which seemed to go well but was told at the end that they would call me if they were interested. A week later, received an email telling me that after careful consideration, they regretted to inform me that they could not offer me a position with their company.

Interview Question – What are some 3 legitimate reasons to either be late or call off from work.   Answer Question

Athens, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Darden in June 2013.

Interview Details – I worked for Longhorn Steakhouse. Hiring process took a long time. I applied in late May and finally started training in july. I had to be persistent in attempting to set up times for interviews and training dates. I had 2 different interviews. Both with different managers asking about my previous serving experience and why i want to be a server at Longhorn. Be persistent in showing your desire to work for Darden and it will work out for you. They asked behavior related questions. basically how would i respond if i was triple sat. give me an example of when you had to demonstrate service recovery. Why do you like serving?

Interview Question – Hardest question: (one of Longhorn's goals is to provide clients with an "unexpected personal touch"- basically something you would do for your tables to give them an above average experience. ) With this in mind, the interviewer asked me what is an example of something i would do to give my tables an unexpected personal touch. I answered bringing them a peppermint (sort of like olive garden does) at the end of their meal. (peppermints are at the front door and free for customers!)   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Darden

Worked for Darden? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Darden Server interview questions and advice. All 61 interview reviews posted anonymously by Darden employees and interview candidates.