Darden Server Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.2

Server Interview

Interview

Applied online, got an email the next day to call and set up interview. First interview with manager, than with GM. The GM forgot about the interview, and was busy with something else. Waited an hour, and the kitchen manager asked me a few questions because he felt bad I waited an hour for the Gam. Told me to call but next week if I didn't hear from them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Darden

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Darden (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interviewing process at yardhouse is very quick, spoke with 4 managers in one interview. The training process is what is extensive. 8 days of training, paid, but it is hardcore! Definitely worth putting the time and effort into learning everything though!

Interview Questions

• What did you like about your your previous restaurant job? Why do you like the service industry? Talk about a time that frustrated you and how you worked it out.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Darden in September 2014.

Interview

I was applying for a new restaurant opening. Because of that, it was a mass interview with a lot of people going in and out. It began with a small group "peer tour" of the new restaurant. They had the training schedule available. I talked to a manager who ended up only being at that store for 2 months. He asked about previous experience then I was passed off to the store's general manager who asked about my past experience with the company. I was hired offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult experience you've had with a table that involved a problem you had to solve yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Darden (Woodbridge, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

Standard interview. They set a date and time, then just ask you questions. The interview was during lunch hours so don't be surprised if the manager gets called away to take care of another issue

Interview Questions

• What days can you work? What are your strongest skills   Answer Question

Negotiation

All servers get pain 2.15 an hour

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Darden (Watertown, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and then was emailed when selected for an interview. I called the manager to set up the interview. I went to the interview and she said that she really liked me and thought I would be a great addition to the team and asked me to call on Friday to schedule a 2nd interview with the general manager. I called three times on Friday and the general manager was never available (apparently, they were setting up for an event), but I left a message every time I called. No one ever called me back.

Interview Questions

• What type of restaurant experience do you have?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Darden.

Interview

The process was really straight forward. I was called and asked to come in to talk to the partner of the new store. We talked for a few minutes about my past working history, I was asked to describe my favorite meal from my favorite restaurant. He said that since he was the new managing partner that training would start soon and could I make all the required days. I said yes and was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term career goals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Darden (Carrollton, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

Apply online to get an interview in which is given based on the personality test score and work history. The interview requires you to talk to an assistant manager and then the general manager. They are both just trying to get a feel for your personality and attitude.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated a flexible schedule that would allow me to work two jobs.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Darden.

Interview

Was called in to interview for a new store opening. Arrived and filled out an availability form. Met with one manager, talked to him about my work ethic, previous serving experience, why I wanted to work for Darden, what I had to offer. Mostly conversational with a few questions asked by interviewer. Pretty relaxed, no high pressure. Was passed on for 2nd interview immediately following. Talked to him about what I am all about. Everyone was very professional yet conversational. Was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• "Name a time you went out of your way for a guest, did something special, etc" Everything else was pretty simple and as long as you have a personality you'll be fine   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Myrtle Beach, Horry, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Darden (North Myrtle Beach, Horry, SC) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email inviting me to call to set up an interview 2 weeks later. Application online does include a personality test. Went for interview, there was about 40 other people there also for interviews. Was asked to fill out an availability form and a list of my last 3 employers and asked if they could be reached at that time, which was 5:30 p.m. on a Sunday. Interviewed at a booth with a manager which seemed to go well but was told at the end that they would call me if they were interested. A week later, received an email telling me that after careful consideration, they regretted to inform me that they could not offer me a position with their company.

Interview Questions

• What are some 3 legitimate reasons to either be late or call off from work.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Darden.

Interview

Straight forward interview, tell us about your experience serving.

Interview Questions

• No the most difficult but a here is an example of what the interview questions are like: Name a time you had a difficult customer; what did you do.   Answer Question