Darden Server Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.1

Server Interview

Interview

Applied online, got an email the next day to call and set up interview. First interview with manager, than with GM. The GM forgot about the interview, and was busy with something else. Waited an hour, and the kitchen manager asked me a few questions because he felt bad I waited an hour for the Gam. Told me to call but next week if I didn't hear from them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Darden

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Darden (Tewksbury, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and soon got a phone call for an interview. I interviewed with two managers and was offered a job on the spot. I accepted the position and began working there soon after.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my previous employment and my education.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Darden (Richmond, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

First and second interviews with Service and General Manager. Applied on line, got a Call from the manager, Set up interview datę and time. Manager was respecting my time, I did't have to wait too long. Interview laser about 20 min.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Darden (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interviewing process at yardhouse is very quick, spoke with 4 managers in one interview. The training process is what is extensive. 8 days of training, paid, but it is hardcore! Definitely worth putting the time and effort into learning everything though!

Interview Questions

• What did you like about your your previous restaurant job? Why do you like the service industry? Talk about a time that frustrated you and how you worked it out.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Darden in September 2014.

Interview

I was applying for a new restaurant opening. Because of that, it was a mass interview with a lot of people going in and out. It began with a small group "peer tour" of the new restaurant. They had the training schedule available. I talked to a manager who ended up only being at that store for 2 months. He asked about previous experience then I was passed off to the store's general manager who asked about my past experience with the company. I was hired offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult experience you've had with a table that involved a problem you had to solve yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Darden (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

initially applied online, was asked to fill out a personality quiz online, then went in for a one on one interview with the assistant manager. After that was asked to come back for an interview with the general manager but this was rescheduled 3 times because the general manager kept going out of town for vacation and other personal reasons. After the interview with the general manager, I was asked to fill out paperwork with 4 other hires and was hired that day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Darden (Woodbridge, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

Standard interview. They set a date and time, then just ask you questions. The interview was during lunch hours so don't be surprised if the manager gets called away to take care of another issue

Interview Questions

• What days can you work? What are your strongest skills   Answer Question

Negotiation

All servers get pain 2.15 an hour

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Darden (Watertown, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and then was emailed when selected for an interview. I called the manager to set up the interview. I went to the interview and she said that she really liked me and thought I would be a great addition to the team and asked me to call on Friday to schedule a 2nd interview with the general manager. I called three times on Friday and the general manager was never available (apparently, they were setting up for an event), but I left a message every time I called. No one ever called me back.

Interview Questions

• What type of restaurant experience do you have?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Darden.

Interview

The process was really straight forward. I was called and asked to come in to talk to the partner of the new store. We talked for a few minutes about my past working history, I was asked to describe my favorite meal from my favorite restaurant. He said that since he was the new managing partner that training would start soon and could I make all the required days. I said yes and was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term career goals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Darden (Carrollton, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

Apply online to get an interview in which is given based on the personality test score and work history. The interview requires you to talk to an assistant manager and then the general manager. They are both just trying to get a feel for your personality and attitude.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated a flexible schedule that would allow me to work two jobs.