Darden

Updated Nov 30, 2014

2.1

65 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Darden in September 2014.

I was applying for a new restaurant opening. Because of that, it was a mass interview with a lot of people going in and out. It began with a small group "peer tour" of the new restaurant. They had the training schedule available. I talked to a manager who ended up only being at that store for 2 months. He asked about previous experience then I was passed off to the store's general manager who asked about my past experience with the company. I was hired offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions
  • What was the most difficult experience you've had with a table that involved a problem you had to solve yourself.   Answer Question
N/A

Other Interview Reviews for Darden

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Darden.

The process was really straight forward. I was called and asked to come in to talk to the partner of the new store. We talked for a few minutes about my past working history, I was asked to describe my favorite meal from my favorite restaurant. He said that since he was the new managing partner that training would start soon and could I make all the required days. I said yes and was offered a job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Darden in February 2014.

Apply online to get an interview in which is given based on the personality test score and work history. The interview requires you to talk to an assistant manager and then the general manager. They are both just trying to get a feel for your personality and attitude.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated a flexible schedule that would allow me to work two jobs.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Darden.

Was called in to interview for a new store opening. Arrived and filled out an availability form. Met with one manager, talked to him about my work ethic, previous serving experience, why I wanted to work for Darden, what I had to offer. Mostly conversational with a few questions asked by interviewer. Pretty relaxed, no high pressure. Was passed on for 2nd interview immediately following. Talked to him about what I am all about. Everyone was very professional yet conversational. Was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • "Name a time you went out of your way for a guest, did something special, etc" Everything else was pretty simple and as long as you have a personality you'll be fine   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Myrtle Beach, Horry, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Myrtle Beach, Horry, SC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Darden in October 2013.

Applied online. Received an email inviting me to call to set up an interview 2 weeks later. Application online does include a personality test. Went for interview, there was about 40 other people there also for interviews. Was asked to fill out an availability form and a list of my last 3 employers and asked if they could be reached at that time, which was 5:30 p.m. on a Sunday. Interviewed at a booth with a manager which seemed to go well but was told at the end that they would call me if they were interested. A week later, received an email telling me that after careful consideration, they regretted to inform me that they could not offer me a position with their company.

Interview Questions
    • What are some 3 legitimate reasons to either be late or call off from work.   Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Darden.

Straight forward interview, tell us about your experience serving.

Interview Questions
    • No the most difficult but a here is an example of what the interview questions are like: Name a time you had a difficult customer; what did you do.   Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Darden in September 2013.

Pretty basic restaurant employment questions. Nothing really hard. It is really nice if you can get both interviews done on the same day. Be prepared to start filling out paperwork after your second interview.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Darden.

If you have customer service experience or can show at you can provide great customer experience then it is an easy job to get.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions are straight forward. But there might be a lot of scenario or role playing questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiating for server position.

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Darden.

Interview process was very short and asked situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you have to anticipate a guests needs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Darden in August 2013.

Absolute worst interview experience I have ever had, and that is after just finishing a 2 hour corporate interview with 3 separate departments in another company, which was amazing, friendly, and professional. The preliminary application for Darden was online, and they send you an e-mail confirmation (check your junk box) asking you to call and set up an interview. That one-on-one interview was with an Assistant Managing Partner named Donald. He was brief and cold; it was like he didn't like me off the bat. He wasn't interested in my background or my experience, or even to take a moment to get to know me, all he wanted to do was follow a list of behavioral/psychological assessment questions, which he skipped through haphazardly and then thanked me for taking the time out of my busy day to meet with him.

Interview Questions
    • Looked at me point-blank and asked me what my idea of professionalism was.   View Answer