Dark Horse Comics Interview Questions

Candidate Interview Review

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milwaukie, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukie, OR

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Dark Horse Comics in February 2009.

I thought a comic book company would be pretty cool, but I was surprised by the drabness of this place. Very dull cubicle-esque environment, and the people seemed kind of suburban, unenthusiastic, and out of touch.

They seemed overly paranoid about cowboy coders, having their programming department originally populated by such cretins. I explained my own personal disdain for such practices, but they seemed hung up on the idea that I would be some unprofessional corner-cutting idiot, just because I lacked a college degree.

Overall, it seemed like one of those mid-sized companies that is aspiring to be large and mediocre. They appear to be well on their way. Also, they failed to get back to me after the interview. Very disrespectful and unimpressive.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have experience with project management practices, such as requirements gathering?   Answer Question

Worked for Dark Horse Comics? Contribute to the Community!