Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Dart Container
- Financial Analyst (18)
- Financial Analyst Internship (2)
- Human Resources (2)
- Machine Operator (2)
- Pricing Analyst (2)
- Legal Assistant (1)
- Finance Intern (1)
- Production Artist (1)
- Product Designer (1)
- Designer (1)
- OUTSIDE SALES (1)
- Outside Sales Representative (1)
- Assistant Brand Manager (1)
- Account Manager (1)
- EE Field Service Tech (1)
- Traffic Scheduler (1)
- EDI Software Development (1)
- Software Development Project (1)
- Financial Analyst Intern (1)
- Cost Accountant (1)
- Warehouse Lead (1)
- Quality Control (1)
- Territory Sales Manager (1)
- Procurement Analyst (1)
Financial Analyst Interview
I applied for the position and didn't hear back for an interview for 4 months. The rest of the process was pretty usual, phone screening, then a video interview because I wasn't in the area. I had to decline at this point because I was leaving for a trip to go abroad once I had graduated.
- Some usual questions, and some analytical questions Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Dart Container
Financial Analyst InterviewNo OfferNo Offer
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Dart Container in July 2014.
Applied online on company website and received a call from HR. Got phone interview and then interview at the office. Questions were a mix of personal, experience, skills and knowledge. Some of the questions were very irrelevant and the interviewer could have made a better effort to understand the applicant's background and how it may be useful for the job. Questions include how many gas stations are there in the US. Why do you think Dart uses White plastic and pricing scenario questions.
- There was an aptitude test at the beginning,... about 300 questions not sure 1 Answer
Financial Analyst InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Dart Container (Mason, MI) in April 2014.
The interview process was like a maze. You first take a timed assessment test. If you pass then you have a one on one interview. The interview was rather strange. The manager was very dry and tried to intimidate you. The questions were more focused on getting the answer correct to mathmatic and statistical questions as opposed to questions about skills.
- They ask statistical and percentage questions Answer Question
Financial Analyst InterviewDeclined OfferAverage InterviewDeclined OfferAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Dart Container (Madison Heights, MI) in August 2013.
Phone interview that discusses exactly what the previous posters have said. Simple math questions in addition to situational questions to see if you're a good fit or not.
Reasons for Declining
Financial Analyst InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 7 weeks – interviewed at Dart Container.
I applied online an got a phone interview scheduled the next day. HR told me I would hear back within 2 weeks for a face to face interview and I heard back 7 weeks later.
- A lot of simple math for the phone interview Answer Question
Financial Analyst InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks – interviewed at Dart Container (Mason, MI) in May 2013.
The hiring process is lengthy and the interview process exhausting. After applying or meeting with a recruiter it was at least six weeks before I heard back. I was first called to schedule a phone interview and after having the phone interview I went to Mason for a first interview and a test. Around a week later I went back to Mason for a second interview. I was told it would be up to a couple weeks before I heard back but before I got home I was called for a third interview and skills test. The interviews each lasted between 2-4 hours, the first with one interviewer, the second with two, and the third with three.
- How many gas stations are there in the United States? 1 Answer
Financial Analyst InterviewDeclined OfferDeclined Offer
Dart has quite the intense interview process. First interview is one on one and you are asked many obnoxious questions such as how many golf balls fit in a school bus. The second interview you are sat down for an hour and a half and grilled like you are in a courtroom. 2 obnoxious and rude managers will treat you like you are nothing to them and will ask you questions that are not possible to answer. They also will ask very personal questions such as where do you live. These questions range from how many gas stations are there in the U.S. too detailed questions about foam and paper cups. Again, retarded, considering you haven't worked in this field. They will try to make you fail and in spite of all this I got a third interview. This interview process lasted 4.5 hours. First, I sat down with three managers who again (you guessed it) asked me questions that have nothing to do with anything. They sat in world war 2 interrogation style across the table from me. Be prepared for them to try to make you angry and upset. The questions range from questions about the price of eggs to questions about grocery stores. At this point in the process, I already had 2 other job offers so I didn't give in to their intimidation. Needless to say, refusing to answer their personal questions didn't help my chances. Then you meet the whole finance team (retarded considering you don't have the job yet). Then you are awkwardly taken out to lunch by 3 members of the finance team you have never met. Needless to say, I will not be starting a career at this place. One last thing, their building is old and looks like a dungeon.
- Too many to even think of Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
My career will not begin in a dungeon with stuffy managers who are complete pricks.
Financial Analyst InterviewNo OfferNo Offer
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Dart Container.
Met one on one with the recruiter. He was pleasant and likeable. They asked a few difficult questions regarding some pretty obscure things. A lot of analytical questions along with the usual questions. strengths/weaknesses/experience.
- How many gas stations are there in the state of Michigan Answer Question
Financial Analyst InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dart Container (Kalamazoo, MI) in October 2012.
I just got an on-campus interview with Dart this morning. I applied it through my school's career website. The interview process was about 30 mins. They said there are two more interviews if I am chosen. Most of questions are technical questions. I did technical questions right but I was so nervous that I talked so fast lol Not sure if I am chosen for the next interview.
Here are some questions they asked me this morning.
1. Work me through your resume, from high school to this point
2. What's salary you are looking for?
3. When do you start looking for a job?
4. When can you start this position?
5. If a selling price of a product is $30, the manufacturer decides to offer 15% for customer, how much does a customer need to pay?
Many questions related to cost, such as:
1. When talking about manufacturing cost, which costs do you need to consider? ( I answered: direct material, direct labor, and manufacturing overhead)
2. How can you price a new product?
3. If a cost of a product decreases by 20%, will the selling price decrease as well?
At the end of interview, he asked me if I have any questions for him. He said that the next interview will be held at corporate. There is an assessment test over there. If I pass the second interview, I will join lunch with them on the last interview :) Something like that.
There are two people in the interview today but the lady is just an observer. In general, I feel the interview is decent. Be prepared of technical questions and you will be fine.
- 1. When talking about manufacturing cost, which costs do you need to consider? 1 Answer
Financial Analyst InterviewNo OfferEasy InterviewNo OfferEasy Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Dart Container (Mason, MI) in October 2012.
Phone interview was told there would have been at least two additional steps after this first interview
- I did not get past the initial phone interview, however the questions I received where identical to others posted on this site. Right down to the numbers. I was asked to do a couple of math problems 5% of 20 and if two men went fishing both caught 48 and the one caught 7 times more than the other, how much did each man catch? Also was asked what steps I would take if I was going to be pricing a product and NPV came up in some of my answers as well. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review