Dart Container

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Dart Container

Interview Details – I applied for the position and didn't hear back for an interview for 4 months. The rest of the process was pretty usual, phone screening, then a video interview because I wasn't in the area. I had to decline at this point because I was leaving for a trip to go abroad once I had graduated.

Interview Question – Some usual questions, and some analytical questions   Answer Question

Mason, MI

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Dart Container in September 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online. 45 minute phone interview. Two weeks later face to face interview with two managers. Very serious and tough questions for an entry level position.

Interview Question – Whenever does 11 + 2 = 1   View Answer

Madison Heights, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Dart Container in August 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview that discusses exactly what the previous posters have said. Simple math questions in addition to situational questions to see if you're a good fit or not.

Reason for Declining – Better offer

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Dart Container.

Interview Details – I applied online an got a phone interview scheduled the next day. HR told me I would hear back within 2 weeks for a face to face interview and I heard back 7 weeks later.

Interview Question – A lot of simple math for the phone interview   Answer Question

Interviewed at Dart Container

Interview Details – Dart has quite the intense interview process. First interview is one on one and you are asked many obnoxious questions such as how many golf balls fit in a school bus. The second interview you are sat down for an hour and a half and grilled like you are in a courtroom. 2 obnoxious and rude managers will treat you like you are nothing to them and will ask you questions that are not possible to answer. They also will ask very personal questions such as where do you live. These questions range from how many gas stations are there in the U.S. too detailed questions about foam and paper cups. Again, retarded, considering you haven't worked in this field. They will try to make you fail and in spite of all this I got a third interview. This interview process lasted 4.5 hours. First, I sat down with three managers who again (you guessed it) asked me questions that have nothing to do with anything. They sat in world war 2 interrogation style across the table from me. Be prepared for them to try to make you angry and upset. The questions range from questions about the price of eggs to questions about grocery stores. At this point in the process, I already had 2 other job offers so I didn't give in to their intimidation. Needless to say, refusing to answer their personal questions didn't help my chances. Then you meet the whole finance team (retarded considering you don't have the job yet). Then you are awkwardly taken out to lunch by 3 members of the finance team you have never met. Needless to say, I will not be starting a career at this place. One last thing, their building is old and looks like a dungeon.

Interview Question – Too many to even think of   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – My career will not begin in a dungeon with stuffy managers who are complete pricks.

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dart Container.

Interview Details – Met one on one with the recruiter. He was pleasant and likeable. They asked a few difficult questions regarding some pretty obscure things. A lot of analytical questions along with the usual questions. strengths/weaknesses/experience.

Interview Question – How many gas stations are there in the state of Michigan   Answer Question

Mason, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Dart Container in October 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview was told there would have been at least two additional steps after this first interview

Interview Question – I did not get past the initial phone interview, however the questions I received where identical to others posted on this site. Right down to the numbers. I was asked to do a couple of math problems 5% of 20 and if two men went fishing both caught 48 and the one caught 7 times more than the other, how much did each man catch? Also was asked what steps I would take if I was going to be pricing a product and NPV came up in some of my answers as well.   Answer Question

Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Dart Container in October 2012.

Interview Details – I just got an on-campus interview with Dart this morning. I applied it through my school's career website. The interview process was about 30 mins. They said there are two more interviews if I am chosen. Most of questions are technical questions. I did technical questions right but I was so nervous that I talked so fast lol Not sure if I am chosen for the next interview.
Here are some questions they asked me this morning.
1. Work me through your resume, from high school to this point
2. What's salary you are looking for?
3. When do you start looking for a job?
4. When can you start this position?
5. If a selling price of a product is $30, the manufacturer decides to offer 15% for customer, how much does a customer need to pay?
Many questions related to cost, such as:
1. When talking about manufacturing cost, which costs do you need to consider? ( I answered: direct material, direct labor, and manufacturing overhead)
2. How can you price a new product?
3. If a cost of a product decreases by 20%, will the selling price decrease as well?
At the end of interview, he asked me if I have any questions for him. He said that the next interview will be held at corporate. There is an assessment test over there. If I pass the second interview, I will join lunch with them on the last interview :) Something like that.

There are two people in the interview today but the lady is just an observer. In general, I feel the interview is decent. Be prepared of technical questions and you will be fine.

Interview Question – 1. When talking about manufacturing cost, which costs do you need to consider?   View Answer

Mason, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Dart Container in June 2012.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview. A lot of the questions dealt with pricing of products, how to go about it, what steps you would do if a new product was being released and what to price it at, if your materials went down by 30% what would be the price of the product to the consumer.

Interview Question – If two men went fishing, they caught 48 fish. But one guy caught 7 times more than the other. What did each catch?   View Answers (2)

Mason, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at Dart Container in March 2012.

Interview Details – Mostly basic questions, asked some more technical based questions such as to explain net present value and give an example of how it would be used and also some simple math questions such as what is 15% of $30.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dart Container

Worked for Dart Container? Contribute to the Community!