Dart Container Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

3.1

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dart Container.

Interview

Roughly 30 minute interview. Be prepared for skill/knowledge based questions. Same types of questions as mentioned in other posts. Example of questions: How would you price a new product? If the costs to make a product went down 30% how much would you reduce the price? A product costs $60 what is a 15% discount?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dart Container

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dart Container in June 2015.

Interview

After I put an application online, I got a phone call from a recruiter (recruiter 1 )3 weeks later. The phone call was to confirm a phone interview with another recruiter (recruiter 2), and I was asked to fill out an information form online about personal information, education, experience, etc. Phone interview with Recruiter 2 had a lot interesting questions (about 45 minutes). All the questions are basically about: * resume/background. For example: Why choose to attend X school? Why choose Y major? Are you satisfied with your GPA? Best and worst part of working at Z company? * scenario/math problems. For example: What are the components of manufacturing costs? If the costs of a product reduced 20%, how much should we reduce the price? etc.10-15 questions in total. * salary expectations, availability, relocation, etc. Then I asked a few questions about the position and the company, and the next steps of the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• * resume/background. For example: Why choose to attend X school? Why choose Y major? Are you satisfied with your GPA? Best and worst part of working at Z company? * scenario/math problems. For example: What are the components of manufacturing costs? If the costs of a product reduced 20%, how much should we reduce the price? etc.10-15 questions in total. * salary expectations, availability, relocation, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dart Container (Coral Springs, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Is ridiculous, they first test you, with a silly IQ logical test, if you pass it, they test you with a mid level difficulty, Excel test. If you pass it you obtain your first interview From this point things get way way more silly. Interview # 1 is a 3 hour interrogation about everything you have ever done in your career, favorites classes in College, what was the name of your dog when you were 6, etc etc the H.R person will write down in a notebook word by word, so you cant even talk at your normal speed. "First... I .. went... to" I personally would have preferred going to jury duty than this. After round 1, they want 2 of your past bosses,to fill a 50 question survey about you via email. and 3 co-workers also. They call it reference check??? if you pass that, they email you to build them a presentation of how they can increase their sales in the next 3 years aaaaand present it to them on round #2 Round 2 is another 3 hour sit down where they also ask you to show them projects you have done in the past and present to a room full of people your idea of how to help them increase sales. This hands down has been the most ridiculous interview process i have ever experienced. I felt like I would be working for NASA or the Secret Service. To make things worse, their base salary is the lowest any company has ever offered me to do the same job approximately 15% oless than the lowest I have ever been paid in my career. "They are looking for a Rock star that will perform for a cup full of spare change" After 6 hours of interviews , Tests, reference history, project development and presentation. The H.R rep told my recruiter that they liked another candidate more. but kept all my past projects and the business plan I developed for them, unbelievable. Please do not submit your self to this ridiculous process because, even if you do get hired, every other company will pay you allot more to do the same job.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied for the position and didn't hear back for an interview for 4 months. The rest of the process was pretty usual, phone screening, then a video interview because I wasn't in the area. I had to decline at this point because I was leaving for a trip to go abroad once I had graduated.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dart Container in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online on company website and received a call from HR. Got phone interview and then interview at the office. Questions were a mix of personal, experience, skills and knowledge. Some of the questions were very irrelevant and the interviewer could have made a better effort to understand the applicant's background and how it may be useful for the job. Questions include how many gas stations are there in the US. Why do you think Dart uses White plastic and pricing scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• There was an aptitude test at the beginning,... about 300 questions not sure   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mason, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dart Container (Mason, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was like a maze. You first take a timed assessment test. If you pass then you have a one on one interview. The interview was rather strange. The manager was very dry and tried to intimidate you. The questions were more focused on getting the answer correct to mathmatic and statistical questions as opposed to questions about skills.

Anonymous Employee in Madison Heights, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dart Container (Madison Heights, MI) in August 2013.

Interview

Phone interview that discusses exactly what the previous posters have said. Simple math questions in addition to situational questions to see if you're a good fit or not.

Better offer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Dart Container.

Interview

I applied online an got a phone interview scheduled the next day. HR told me I would hear back within 2 weeks for a face to face interview and I heard back 7 weeks later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Dart Container (Mason, MI) in May 2013.

Interview

The hiring process is lengthy and the interview process exhausting. After applying or meeting with a recruiter it was at least six weeks before I heard back. I was first called to schedule a phone interview and after having the phone interview I went to Mason for a first interview and a test. Around a week later I went back to Mason for a second interview. I was told it would be up to a couple weeks before I heard back but before I got home I was called for a third interview and skills test. The interviews each lasted between 2-4 hours, the first with one interviewer, the second with two, and the third with three.

Interview Questions

• How many gas stations are there in the United States?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Dart has quite the intense interview process. First interview is one on one and you are asked many obnoxious questions such as how many golf balls fit in a school bus. The second interview you are sat down for an hour and a half and grilled like you are in a courtroom. 2 obnoxious and rude managers will treat you like you are nothing to them and will ask you questions that are not possible to answer. They also will ask very personal questions such as where do you live. These questions range from how many gas stations are there in the U.S. too detailed questions about foam and paper cups. Again, retarded, considering you haven't worked in this field. They will try to make you fail and in spite of all this I got a third interview. This interview process lasted 4.5 hours. First, I sat down with three managers who again (you guessed it) asked me questions that have nothing to do with anything. They sat in world war 2 interrogation style across the table from me. Be prepared for them to try to make you angry and upset. The questions range from questions about the price of eggs to questions about grocery stores. At this point in the process, I already had 2 other job offers so I didn't give in to their intimidation. Needless to say, refusing to answer their personal questions didn't help my chances. Then you meet the whole finance team (retarded considering you don't have the job yet). Then you are awkwardly taken out to lunch by 3 members of the finance team you have never met. Needless to say, I will not be starting a career at this place. One last thing, their building is old and looks like a dungeon.

Interview Questions

My career will not begin in a dungeon with stuffy managers who are complete pricks.