Dart Container

Updated Nov 10, 2014

3.1

EDI Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, MI

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dart Container in November 2014.

Applied online. Two weeks later was contacted for a phone interview. A week after that had a in-person interview. Dart typically took a week in detween each time I was contacted.

Interview Questions
    • "Explain a time when you have worked in a group setting and how do you work with groups of people?".
      "Do you have any experience programming with EDI system?".
      "What experience do you have that will relate to this position?".
        Answer Question
    None

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dart Container.

Three interviews. First pretty laidback, asked a couple off-the-cuff math questions that are easy with paper but requires quick thinking if you're not math-enabled. Included a timed 120 questions computer test to test pattern, word association, and math ability. Second was with two people (first wasn't) Was generally friendly, but there seemed to be a couple mildly hostile probing that might have been meant to test reactions. Standard abstract thinking math questions to see how you arrived at a rough estimate of a figure. Explored my resume (review it!). Also had a hour long pricing test at the end the had you utilize excel and word to solve a noise-laden pricing problem.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions were probing and I felt that I should have defended my position more.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied for the position and didn't hear back for an interview for 4 months. The rest of the process was pretty usual, phone screening, then a video interview because I wasn't in the area. I had to decline at this point because I was leaving for a trip to go abroad once I had graduated.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Dart Container in July 2014.

Applied online and 5 weeks later received an email asking me to call a phone number listed. Called and set up a phone interview. I asked if this would be with the hiring manager and was told no and was not given any other details of who I would be speaking with. Received a call from an HR person at the scheduled time which was the next morning. I was then asked if it was okay if the conversation would be recorded for the hiring manager. The HR person then proceeded to read off a list of questions from the hiring manager. I was really put off by this since I prepared for an HR phone screen.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dart Container in July 2014.

Applied online on company website and received a call from HR. Got phone interview and then interview at the office. Questions were a mix of personal, experience, skills and knowledge. Some of the questions were very irrelevant and the interviewer could have made a better effort to understand the applicant's background and how it may be useful for the job. Questions include how many gas stations are there in the US. Why do you think Dart uses White plastic and pricing scenario questions.

Interview Questions
    • There was an aptitude test at the beginning,... about 300 questions not sure   View Answer

Procurement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, MI

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dart Container in June 2014.

Apply and send resume, and the hiring manager calls you about a week and a half later to schedule an interview. I did a phone interview because I was out of state.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions were a bit out of left field. I felt like I was pulling some answers out of the air.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dart Container.

There is testing that basically is insulting for the level of the position.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think your current skills will help you in this role?   Answer Question

I did not want to relocate to Mason Michigan

Territory Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dart Container in March 2014.

Applied through the company website and was contacted shortly thereafter by a recruiter. After a brief 30 minute conversation, he told me I seemed like a great candidate and that he wanted to schedule an hour-long interview for a more in-depth discussion. If that went well, I would meet locally with a regional VP at a local hotel for two, 3-hour interviews. The one-hour interview was a joke, he was terribly disorganized and clearly read very scripted questions that he then could not understand or remember my responses to them. He also could not answer my questions about the company. After the conclusion of the interview, I asked for feedback and received none. Got my rejection email the next day.

Production Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dart Container.

Clerical Test - make sure you remember how to divide and multiply fractions.. the test was kind of brutal.. no calculator! The test was on math, vocabulary, filing, etc.

First interview - met with person who would be my supervisor

Second interview - met with supervisor again and then heat of the graphics department

Drug Test - the typical one that only tests for a few things with a urine sample

Interviews required a printed portfolio and the questions asked were basically about my education, previous job experience and a few typical questions where you would explain situations in which you didn't get along with a coworker or your boss and how you handle critiques, etc.

Both interviewers very clearly explained my would-be job responsibilities and the culture at Dart.

Interview Questions
    • None of them were difficult.. they were all very typical and if you prepare answers to the 20 most common interview questions for your field of experience you will probably do just fine.   Answer Question
    I communicated through the HR person who was helping me and tried to negotiate for higher pay, but it didn't happen. I accepted anyways.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Dart Container in December 2013.

Very long - seems as though a hiring network found me. The guy, Doug Cain, called me almost on a daily basis to basically talk about nothing. He would rattle off the same thing every time and it was almost as if he enjoyed listening to himself talk. Told me I was to conduct 2-3 fact finding service calls to local businesses. When I finally did my interview, I was barely asked about this "experiment" even though it took 5 hours of my time. I also was required to drive an hour to a hotel where the interview was conducted. The interview itself then proceeded to take 2 hours - in the hiring manager's hotel room. (very creepy) The gentleman that interviewed me was very awkward and seemed like he didn't even know the answers he was seeking. He seemed to not know anything about the position he was interviewing for as well. He asked me to role play and then didn't speak at all or ask me any questions for me to combat. He never clarified the questions and seemed to be content relaying vague information. The way he explained manufacturing was totally confusing and I wasn't sure if we were an external sales company or if we actually were Dart employees. I answered inquiries about my previous employer and our marketing hours for about 45 minutes while the hiring manager struggled to understand my answers. It was as simple as : how many hours per week were you immersed in sales calls, cold calls, and service calls? I had specific numbers and times of the day I would focus on marketing as I grew my operation at 33% over 2 years and he was unable to wrap his finger around what I was saying. I am still baffled by this interview as it was the most uncomfortable, unorganized, and confusing "sit downs" I have ever been a part of. He really seemed to have high anxiety.
    In the end, I wasn't even notified I wasn't offered the job. I called them 2 weeks after the interview. When I called the recruiter he didn't answer right away which was odd because he called my phone all the time leading up to the interview. When I asked him for feedback he told me I did great; So I never came away with the reason why I wasn't offered the job so I could improve. Between conversating over the phone, conducting sales calls, and the interview itself, I probably wasted a good 15 hours of my time with this interview process and I didn't even come away with constructive criticism.
    I would not recommend this company to anyone else as it seems dysfunctional.

Interview Questions
    • It was difficult dealing with the recruiter as he would call me every 10 minutes until I would answer as if I wasn't interviewing for other positions. It was also very frustrating trying to explain management scenarios to the interviewer. He was very easily confused which made the process difficult.   Answer Question