Dart Container

Relevance Date Difficulty

Procurement Analyst Interview

Procurement Analyst
Mason, MI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dart Container in June 2014.

Interview Details – Apply and send resume, and the hiring manager calls you about a week and a half later to schedule an interview. I did a phone interview because I was out of state.

Interview Question – Some questions were a bit out of left field. I felt like I was pulling some answers out of the air.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Territory Sales Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dart Container in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through the company website and was contacted shortly thereafter by a recruiter. After a brief 30 minute conversation, he told me I seemed like a great candidate and that he wanted to schedule an hour-long interview for a more in-depth discussion. If that went well, I would meet locally with a regional VP at a local hotel for two, 3-hour interviews. The one-hour interview was a joke, he was terribly disorganized and clearly read very scripted questions that he then could not understand or remember my responses to them. He also could not answer my questions about the company. After the conclusion of the interview, I asked for feedback and received none. Got my rejection email the next day.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dart Container.

Interview Details – There is testing that basically is insulting for the level of the position.

Interview Question – How do you think your current skills will help you in this role?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I did not want to relocate to Mason Michigan

Machine Operator Interview

Machine Operator
Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Dart Container in July 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted in the late morning and went in for an interview that afternoon, and was hired on the spot. I had to do a drug test and background check and the gentleman that hired my was very nice.

Interview Question – They ask the usual interviewing questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My pay

Production Artist Interview

Production Artist
Mason, MI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dart Container.

Interview Details – Clerical Test - make sure you remember how to divide and multiply fractions.. the test was kind of brutal.. no calculator! The test was on math, vocabulary, filing, etc.

First interview - met with person who would be my supervisor

Second interview - met with supervisor again and then heat of the graphics department

Drug Test - the typical one that only tests for a few things with a urine sample

Interviews required a printed portfolio and the questions asked were basically about my education, previous job experience and a few typical questions where you would explain situations in which you didn't get along with a coworker or your boss and how you handle critiques, etc.

Both interviewers very clearly explained my would-be job responsibilities and the culture at Dart.

Interview Question – None of them were difficult.. they were all very typical and if you prepare answers to the 20 most common interview questions for your field of experience you will probably do just fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I communicated through the HR person who was helping me and tried to negotiate for higher pay, but it didn't happen. I accepted anyways.

Very Easy Interview

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

OUTSIDE SALES
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Dart Container in December 2013.

Interview Details – Very long - seems as though a hiring network found me. The guy, Doug Cain, called me almost on a daily basis to basically talk about nothing. He would rattle off the same thing every time and it was almost as if he enjoyed listening to himself talk. Told me I was to conduct 2-3 fact finding service calls to local businesses. When I finally did my interview, I was barely asked about this "experiment" even though it took 5 hours of my time. I also was required to drive an hour to a hotel where the interview was conducted. The interview itself then proceeded to take 2 hours - in the hiring manager's hotel room. (very creepy) The gentleman that interviewed me was very awkward and seemed like he didn't even know the answers he was seeking. He seemed to not know anything about the position he was interviewing for as well. He asked me to role play and then didn't speak at all or ask me any questions for me to combat. He never clarified the questions and seemed to be content relaying vague information. The way he explained manufacturing was totally confusing and I wasn't sure if we were an external sales company or if we actually were Dart employees. I answered inquiries about my previous employer and our marketing hours for about 45 minutes while the hiring manager struggled to understand my answers. It was as simple as : how many hours per week were you immersed in sales calls, cold calls, and service calls? I had specific numbers and times of the day I would focus on marketing as I grew my operation at 33% over 2 years and he was unable to wrap his finger around what I was saying. I am still baffled by this interview as it was the most uncomfortable, unorganized, and confusing "sit downs" I have ever been a part of. He really seemed to have high anxiety.
In the end, I wasn't even notified I wasn't offered the job. I called them 2 weeks after the interview. When I called the recruiter he didn't answer right away which was odd because he called my phone all the time leading up to the interview. When I asked him for feedback he told me I did great; So I never came away with the reason why I wasn't offered the job so I could improve. Between conversating over the phone, conducting sales calls, and the interview itself, I probably wasted a good 15 hours of my time with this interview process and I didn't even come away with constructive criticism.
I would not recommend this company to anyone else as it seems dysfunctional.

Interview Question – It was difficult dealing with the recruiter as he would call me every 10 minutes until I would answer as if I wasn't interviewing for other positions. It was also very frustrating trying to explain management scenarios to the interviewer. He was very easily confused which made the process difficult.   Answer Question

Quality Control Interview

Quality Control

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Dart Container in June 2011.

Interview Details – I got the interview through my school. The process was fairly simple. They asked the normal questions. The interview was one on one with the HR manager. She was very friendly.

Interview Question – What do you want to gain from your internship experience?   Answer Question

Mason, MI

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Dart Container in September 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online. 45 minute phone interview. Two weeks later face to face interview with two managers. Very serious and tough questions for an entry level position.

Interview Question – Whenever does 11 + 2 = 1   View Answer

Madison Heights, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Dart Container in August 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview that discusses exactly what the previous posters have said. Simple math questions in addition to situational questions to see if you're a good fit or not.

Reason for Declining – Better offer

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Dart Container.

Interview Details – I applied online an got a phone interview scheduled the next day. HR told me I would hear back within 2 weeks for a face to face interview and I heard back 7 weeks later.

Interview Question – A lot of simple math for the phone interview   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dart Container

Worked for Dart Container? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dart Container interview questions and advice. All 31 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dart Container employees and interview candidates.