Dart Container Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2015

3.1

Human Resources Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dart Container.

Interview

The ladies I spoke with on the phone were very pleasant and professional. The problem I have with this company is how they handled the interview. I was scheduled to come to the location for round 2 of interviews and I was contacted and informed that the hiring manager had something come up and needed to reschedule. Fair enough, life happens. So the recruiter contacts me and let's me know that they will be in contact to reschedule the following week. Well, instead of rescheduling, they send me the "no thanks" email. This I took to be very rude and unprofessional.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dart Container (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

Went for what I thought was an interview and it turned out to be a Wonderlic test given by an HR admin. After the test, they wanted me to research their company to find one of their clients...and the GO TO one of their clients and ask why they use Dart. ...this was for a professional, experienced, HR manager position. And WHY would they want a stranger/applicant to go to their client and possibly embarrass them???

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dart Container.

Interview

The interview process was pretty extreme. I had to do a phone interview, face to face interview, an additional face to face interview, and went in for testing on two different occasions. The first test was a ton of math and not really anything to do with a Legal Assistant position. The second test was a bunch of random question. They gave you 15 minutes to answer as many as you could knowing you couldn't answer them all. Neither of the testing they did had anything to do with the position I was applying for. On the second face to face interview, I was told we would have to completely start over as far as interview questions were concerned because the two gentlemen had not received any information about me from the previous two interviews. The entire process was just pretty lengthy.

Interview Questions

• Mostly just basic interview questions, nothing overly hard or unexpected.   Answer Question

The insurance wasn't nearly as good as where I currently work and they were only offering two weeks of vacation time a year. It takes 15 years to get up to four weeks.

Warehouse Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dart Container.

Interview

one interview. hr was very nice. they give you a math test during interview. most people failled. I got a 100! upper managment semmed nice midd manament were rude jerks and did not know or could perform the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none. starting pay was $15.50

EDI Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dart Container (Mason, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Two weeks later was contacted for a phone interview. A week after that had a in-person interview. Dart typically took a week in detween each time I was contacted.

Interview Questions

• "Explain a time when you have worked in a group setting and how do you work with groups of people?".
      "Do you have any experience programming with EDI system?".
      "What experience do you have that will relate to this position?".

Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dart Container (Lansing, MI).

Interview

Three interviews. First pretty laidback, asked a couple off-the-cuff math questions that are easy with paper but requires quick thinking if you're not math-enabled. Included a timed 120 questions computer test to test pattern, word association, and math ability. Second was with two people (first wasn't) Was generally friendly, but there seemed to be a couple mildly hostile probing that might have been meant to test reactions. Standard abstract thinking math questions to see how you arrived at a rough estimate of a figure. Explored my resume (review it!). Also had a hour long pricing test at the end the had you utilize excel and word to solve a noise-laden pricing problem.

Interview Questions

• Some questions were probing and I felt that I should have defended my position more.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied for the position and didn't hear back for an interview for 4 months. The rest of the process was pretty usual, phone screening, then a video interview because I wasn't in the area. I had to decline at this point because I was leaving for a trip to go abroad once I had graduated.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dart Container (Lake Forest, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online and 5 weeks later received an email asking me to call a phone number listed. Called and set up a phone interview. I asked if this would be with the hiring manager and was told no and was not given any other details of who I would be speaking with. Received a call from an HR person at the scheduled time which was the next morning. I was then asked if it was okay if the conversation would be recorded for the hiring manager. The HR person then proceeded to read off a list of questions from the hiring manager. I was really put off by this since I prepared for an HR phone screen.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dart Container in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online on company website and received a call from HR. Got phone interview and then interview at the office. Questions were a mix of personal, experience, skills and knowledge. Some of the questions were very irrelevant and the interviewer could have made a better effort to understand the applicant's background and how it may be useful for the job. Questions include how many gas stations are there in the US. Why do you think Dart uses White plastic and pricing scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• There was an aptitude test at the beginning,... about 300 questions not sure   1 Answer

Procurement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mason, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dart Container (Mason, MI) in June 2014.

Interview

Apply and send resume, and the hiring manager calls you about a week and a half later to schedule an interview. I did a phone interview because I was out of state.

Interview Questions

• Some questions were a bit out of left field. I felt like I was pulling some answers out of the air.   Answer Question