Dart Container

Updated Jan 10, 2015

3.1

Production Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dart Container.

Clerical Test - make sure you remember how to divide and multiply fractions.. the test was kind of brutal.. no calculator! The test was on math, vocabulary, filing, etc.

First interview - met with person who would be my supervisor

Second interview - met with supervisor again and then heat of the graphics department

Drug Test - the typical one that only tests for a few things with a urine sample

Interviews required a printed portfolio and the questions asked were basically about my education, previous job experience and a few typical questions where you would explain situations in which you didn't get along with a coworker or your boss and how you handle critiques, etc.

Both interviewers very clearly explained my would-be job responsibilities and the culture at Dart.

Interview Questions
    • None of them were difficult.. they were all very typical and if you prepare answers to the 20 most common interview questions for your field of experience you will probably do just fine.   Answer Question
    I communicated through the HR person who was helping me and tried to negotiate for higher pay, but it didn't happen. I accepted anyways.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Dart Container in December 2013.

Very long - seems as though a hiring network found me. The guy, Doug Cain, called me almost on a daily basis to basically talk about nothing. He would rattle off the same thing every time and it was almost as if he enjoyed listening to himself talk. Told me I was to conduct 2-3 fact finding service calls to local businesses. When I finally did my interview, I was barely asked about this "experiment" even though it took 5 hours of my time. I also was required to drive an hour to a hotel where the interview was conducted. The interview itself then proceeded to take 2 hours - in the hiring manager's hotel room. (very creepy) The gentleman that interviewed me was very awkward and seemed like he didn't even know the answers he was seeking. He seemed to not know anything about the position he was interviewing for as well. He asked me to role play and then didn't speak at all or ask me any questions for me to combat. He never clarified the questions and seemed to be content relaying vague information. The way he explained manufacturing was totally confusing and I wasn't sure if we were an external sales company or if we actually were Dart employees. I answered inquiries about my previous employer and our marketing hours for about 45 minutes while the hiring manager struggled to understand my answers. It was as simple as : how many hours per week were you immersed in sales calls, cold calls, and service calls? I had specific numbers and times of the day I would focus on marketing as I grew my operation at 33% over 2 years and he was unable to wrap his finger around what I was saying. I am still baffled by this interview as it was the most uncomfortable, unorganized, and confusing "sit downs" I have ever been a part of. He really seemed to have high anxiety.
    In the end, I wasn't even notified I wasn't offered the job. I called them 2 weeks after the interview. When I called the recruiter he didn't answer right away which was odd because he called my phone all the time leading up to the interview. When I asked him for feedback he told me I did great; So I never came away with the reason why I wasn't offered the job so I could improve. Between conversating over the phone, conducting sales calls, and the interview itself, I probably wasted a good 15 hours of my time with this interview process and I didn't even come away with constructive criticism.
    I would not recommend this company to anyone else as it seems dysfunctional.

Interview Questions
    • It was difficult dealing with the recruiter as he would call me every 10 minutes until I would answer as if I wasn't interviewing for other positions. It was also very frustrating trying to explain management scenarios to the interviewer. He was very easily confused which made the process difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison Heights, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison Heights, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Dart Container in August 2013.

Phone interview that discusses exactly what the previous posters have said. Simple math questions in addition to situational questions to see if you're a good fit or not.

Better offer

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Dart Container.

I applied online an got a phone interview scheduled the next day. HR told me I would hear back within 2 weeks for a face to face interview and I heard back 7 weeks later.

Traffic Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dart Container.

I was asked the normal questions about why I want the job and my strengths and weaknesses. I was also asked some strange questions like do I believe in aliens. They also asked questions about what I would like to have in a boos and asked for examples where I showed initiative and worked on my own to do a job. Pretty standard interview. The hardest part was the excel test and the IQ test. I failed the excel test because of how it is set up and I passed the IQ test.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you showed initiative and leadership in a work environment.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Dart has quite the intense interview process. First interview is one on one and you are asked many obnoxious questions such as how many golf balls fit in a school bus. The second interview you are sat down for an hour and a half and grilled like you are in a courtroom. 2 obnoxious and rude managers will treat you like you are nothing to them and will ask you questions that are not possible to answer. They also will ask very personal questions such as where do you live. These questions range from how many gas stations are there in the U.S. too detailed questions about foam and paper cups. Again, retarded, considering you haven't worked in this field. They will try to make you fail and in spite of all this I got a third interview. This interview process lasted 4.5 hours. First, I sat down with three managers who again (you guessed it) asked me questions that have nothing to do with anything. They sat in world war 2 interrogation style across the table from me. Be prepared for them to try to make you angry and upset. The questions range from questions about the price of eggs to questions about grocery stores. At this point in the process, I already had 2 other job offers so I didn't give in to their intimidation. Needless to say, refusing to answer their personal questions didn't help my chances. Then you meet the whole finance team (retarded considering you don't have the job yet). Then you are awkwardly taken out to lunch by 3 members of the finance team you have never met. Needless to say, I will not be starting a career at this place. One last thing, their building is old and looks like a dungeon.

Interview Questions

My career will not begin in a dungeon with stuffy managers who are complete pricks.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dart Container.

Met one on one with the recruiter. He was pleasant and likeable. They asked a few difficult questions regarding some pretty obscure things. A lot of analytical questions along with the usual questions. strengths/weaknesses/experience.

Interview Questions
    • How many gas stations are there in the state of Michigan   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dart Container.

First round phone interview with lots of situational questions. Second round interview on site in mason. Given a standardized test for visualization and comprehension skills. Followed by a case study about introducing a new feature on a product. Finally had the face to face interview with two members from the finance department. I was honestly about to leave the interview midway through. Very unprofessional and seemed to be challenging my achievements compared to their tenure. Asked some very personal questions about my current business network. At one point I was told my father was uneducated (he has an MBA) and then given a very sarcastic slam against my position in my fraternity. Needless to say I had no desire to be a part of the Dart team when I walked out the door.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dart Container in October 2012.

I just got an on-campus interview with Dart this morning. I applied it through my school's career website. The interview process was about 30 mins. They said there are two more interviews if I am chosen. Most of questions are technical questions. I did technical questions right but I was so nervous that I talked so fast lol Not sure if I am chosen for the next interview.
    Here are some questions they asked me this morning.
    1. Work me through your resume, from high school to this point
    2. What's salary you are looking for?
    3. When do you start looking for a job?
    4. When can you start this position?
    5. If a selling price of a product is $30, the manufacturer decides to offer 15% for customer, how much does a customer need to pay?
    Many questions related to cost, such as:
    1. When talking about manufacturing cost, which costs do you need to consider? ( I answered: direct material, direct labor, and manufacturing overhead)
    2. How can you price a new product?
    3. If a cost of a product decreases by 20%, will the selling price decrease as well?
    At the end of interview, he asked me if I have any questions for him. He said that the next interview will be held at corporate. There is an assessment test over there. If I pass the second interview, I will join lunch with them on the last interview :) Something like that.

There are two people in the interview today but the lady is just an observer. In general, I feel the interview is decent. Be prepared of technical questions and you will be fine.

Interview Questions
    • 1. When talking about manufacturing cost, which costs do you need to consider?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Dart Container in October 2012.

Phone interview was told there would have been at least two additional steps after this first interview

Interview Questions
    • I did not get past the initial phone interview, however the questions I received where identical to others posted on this site. Right down to the numbers. I was asked to do a couple of math problems 5% of 20 and if two men went fishing both caught 48 and the one caught 7 times more than the other, how much did each man catch? Also was asked what steps I would take if I was going to be pricing a product and NPV came up in some of my answers as well.   Answer Question