Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center

19 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Coordinator Interview

Lebanon, NH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.

Interview Details – The interview was very low key. They asked me "Why DHMC?" "Why the Research Coordinator position?" and then asked me a lot about my interests and goals. Much of the time involved me asking them questions, which was very important.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was "how long do you see yourself working here?" I thought this job was typically about a 2 year position. They want someone for longer, and made that clear to me in the interview.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

Interview Details – Standard interview process and questions

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected or difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Supervisor Interview

Lebanon, NH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in September 2013.

Interview Details – Called for an interview, which lasted an hour. Two weeks later requested an in person interview, which lasted all day. This was broken up into one hour blocks. Met with both managers and employees in two groups, nurse managers and lastly Human resources (HR). Each block I had questions that varied from benign to difficult opinion based. The all day part was very well organized and followed an itinerary.

Interview Question – How well is your knowledge of process management.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I could tell from the beginning the managers where having a power struggle or did not have a clear direction for the department. The immediate manager probably would not have been the most satisfactory to be employed by. Might have used or using a Human resources model of management (not to be confused with HR dept.) that would harbor a sense of future resentment among the employees.
Considering the location and scope of the facility the initial offer should have been higher.

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
Lebanon, NH

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in February 2012.

Interview Details – Initial communications were by phone and I first had a phone interview with my direct manager and the director of the department. After making it through that interview I was brought in for an in-person interview with both of them and my 5 teammates. I was then brought back in for 1 more interview with my direct manager and 5 teammates. I heard back roughly 3 weeks after my last interview with an offer.

Interview Question – 1st question of the phone interview was what are my salary requirements.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was able to gain roughly 10% during the negotiation phase.

Supervisor Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in June 2013.

Interview Details – Very professional and methodical. Had phone interview and virtual interview ..later was invited for face to face interview. I have not yet got a decision yet from the hiring department

Interview Question – Nothing out of ordinary. Lot of critical thinking questions. Panel wants to make sure, the candidate is truly fit for the job.   Answer Question

Professor of Surgery, Plastic Surgeon Interview

Interviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center

Interview Details – This all took place 17 years ago. Initial contact was informal and then was invited for an initial exploratory visit. That led to a second visit, more interviews/meetings, then job offer.

Interview Question – I dont' recall anything unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate very aggressively. I asked for more than what was offered and got a little increase but it was quite a bit less than I had expected compared to what I heard from other surgeons working in New England.

Staff RN Interview

Staff RN
Lebanon, NH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.

Interview Details – HR is going through transition right now so it is not the same as 7yrs ago. Submit an nonlinear application with resume and cover letter. Then I got a phone interview with a nurse recruiter. He then told me which units were hiring and I told him my interests. He set up interviews with the managers and had the interviews. Now it took them awhile to contact me before the phone interview so communication is not the greatest.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work on the hardest floor in the hospital?   Answer Question

Video Producer Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in January 2012.

Interview Details – Interviews, background checks, and reference checks were all very thorough but also very pleasant.

Interview Question – Nothing threw me.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offer was a bit too low, so I counter offered, and it was accepted.

Statistical Research Analyst Interview

Interviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center

Interview Details – 45 mins presentation first, interview committee included about 6 professionals. Then 3 one-to-one interview, 1 hr per each.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty easy. Just be polite and reasonable.

Appointment Secretary Interview

Nashua, NH

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.

Interview Details – I had two interviews. The first was with my supervisor and the office manager. The interviewers had a packet of questions. There were probably 30 questions. The questions made you think, and were mostly about your thoughts on patient-centered care. The second interview was with one of the other employees I would be working with. This employee did not have any specific questions, rather just got a feel for my personality to see if this would be a good fit/good team.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was how would you confront someone who is not pulling their weight/completely their work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center employees and interview candidates.