Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center

Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center Interview Questions

2.9

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, NH

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.

It took several months to get a call for an interview. The interview process was in two stages. Once, with HR, just a simple overview and tentative offer. The second was with the head of the department. I had to pass a background check.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked, "What do you prefer in a supervisor?".   View Answer
    No, they followed a strict guideline that involved former payscale and experience.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, NH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.

The interviewers were pleasant and easy to speak with; it was more conversation which is the kind of interview I prefer. At the end I asked about next steps and was anticipating a second interview to be scheduled the following week, but they ended up hiring internally without doing the second round. Despite this, I rather enjoyed the experience.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions were posed. I was asked to describe a project that did not come out quite as I had hoped and what I would have done differently.   Answer Question

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, NH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.

The interview was very low key. They asked me "Why DHMC?" "Why the Research Coordinator position?" and then asked me a lot about my interests and goals. Much of the time involved me asking them questions, which was very important.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was "how long do you see yourself working here?" I thought this job was typically about a 2 year position. They want someone for longer, and made that clear to me in the interview.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, NH

Standard interview process and questions

No negotiation.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, NH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in September 2013.

Called for an interview, which lasted an hour. Two weeks later requested an in person interview, which lasted all day. This was broken up into one hour blocks. Met with both managers and employees in two groups, nurse managers and lastly Human resources (HR). Each block I had questions that varied from benign to difficult opinion based. The all day part was very well organized and followed an itinerary.

Interview Questions
    • How well is your knowledge of process management.   View Answer

I could tell from the beginning the managers where having a power struggle or did not have a clear direction for the department. The immediate manager probably would not have been the most satisfactory to be employed by. Might have used or using a Human resources model of management (not to be confused with HR dept.) that would harbor a sense of future resentment among the employees.
    Considering the location and scope of the facility the initial offer should have been higher.

Professor of Surgery, Plastic Surgeon Interview

This all took place 17 years ago. Initial contact was informal and then was invited for an initial exploratory visit. That led to a second visit, more interviews/meetings, then job offer.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate very aggressively. I asked for more than what was offered and got a little increase but it was quite a bit less than I had expected compared to what I heard from other surgeons working in New England.

Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in June 2013.

Very professional and methodical. Had phone interview and virtual interview ..later was invited for face to face interview. I have not yet got a decision yet from the hiring department

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of ordinary. Lot of critical thinking questions. Panel wants to make sure, the candidate is truly fit for the job.   Answer Question

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, NH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.

HR is going through transition right now so it is not the same as 7yrs ago. Submit an nonlinear application with resume and cover letter. Then I got a phone interview with a nurse recruiter. He then told me which units were hiring and I told him my interests. He set up interviews with the managers and had the interviews. Now it took them awhile to contact me before the phone interview so communication is not the greatest.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work on the hardest floor in the hospital?   Answer Question

Statistical Research Analyst Interview

45 mins presentation first, interview committee included about 6 professionals. Then 3 one-to-one interview, 1 hr per each.

Interview Questions
    Pretty easy. Just be polite and reasonable.

Appointment Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.

I had two interviews. The first was with my supervisor and the office manager. The interviewers had a packet of questions. There were probably 30 questions. The questions made you think, and were mostly about your thoughts on patient-centered care. The second interview was with one of the other employees I would be working with. This employee did not have any specific questions, rather just got a feel for my personality to see if this would be a good fit/good team.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was how would you confront someone who is not pulling their weight/completely their work.   Answer Question