Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center

Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

Medical Practice Management​​​​​ At CHaD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lebanon, NH

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (West Lebanon, NH).

Interview

This was overall a great experience. The interview was geared towards my resume, what I was looking to get out of the internship and what skills I already had at the time. I was greeted by an administrative assistant at the door and upon meeting my interviewer (the director of CHaD) I instantly relaxed. She was easy to talk to and seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say. It paved the way for an incredible internship experience.

Interview Questions

• What work experience do you have and how will it facilitate what you will be doing here?   Answer Question

Associate Provider Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (Manchester, NH).

Interview

Long interview process, split up into multiple days of meeting with various people throughout the facility. Each day lasting 1-6 hours. Parts of the interview were 1:1 and parts were in a group forum. Conflicting updates on process and standings from administration and clinical personnel. Follow up to interviews sub-par

Staff Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.

Interview

Background check took so long, I took another job. Interview process: Filled out online application. HR called and did a phone interview. A few weeks later someone else in HR called and did another phone interview. Then there was an in-person interview by multiple people. Then they said they were going to "move forward" with hiring me and would be doing the background check. Days passed, then weeks. I gave up on them and took another job. After I had forgotten about them completely, they called to "make an offer." I told them thanks but no thanks. Skilled health care workers are in demand and don't have to wait by the phone.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in January 2015.

Interview

My initial contact was with a recruiter through the website. We set up a time to interview the next day. That went well, but then days later it turned out that candidates for this program weren't being handled any longer through this set of recruiters and I was back to square 1 with the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation when you had to advocate for a patient in a way that went against another nurse or their action.   Answer Question

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, NH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (Lebanon, NH).

Interview

It took several months to get a call for an interview. The interview process was in two stages. Once, with HR, just a simple overview and tentative offer. The second was with the head of the department. I had to pass a background check.

Interview Questions

• I was asked, "What do you prefer in a supervisor?".   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, they followed a strict guideline that involved former payscale and experience.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (Lebanon, NH).

Interview

The interviewers were pleasant and easy to speak with; it was more conversation which is the kind of interview I prefer. At the end I asked about next steps and was anticipating a second interview to be scheduled the following week, but they ended up hiring internally without doing the second round. Despite this, I rather enjoyed the experience.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions were posed. I was asked to describe a project that did not come out quite as I had hoped and what I would have done differently.   Answer Question

Physician Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (Nashua, NH) in May 2014.

Interview

I fist submitted my resume online. A manager called me and asked me general questions. I was invited for an interview. On that day, I toured the office and met several of the staff members. The staff, PAs and one doctor interviewed me. The manager emailed me several times and then I was invited for a second interview. After that, I was invited to shadow the employee who was leaving.

Interview Questions

• What do you imagine you will be doing in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • How many patients are you seeing at your current job?   1 Answer
    • Did you do a rotation in this field and did you like it?   1 Answer
    • Are you physically able to do this job?   1 Answer
    • Why did you become a PA?   1 Answer

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (Lebanon, NH).

Interview

The interview was very low key. They asked me "Why DHMC?" "Why the Research Coordinator position?" and then asked me a lot about my interests and goals. Much of the time involved me asking them questions, which was very important.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was "how long do you see yourself working here?" I thought this job was typically about a 2 year position. They want someone for longer, and made that clear to me in the interview.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, NH

Application

Interview

Standard interview process and questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (Lebanon, NH) in September 2013.

Interview

Called for an interview, which lasted an hour. Two weeks later requested an in person interview, which lasted all day. This was broken up into one hour blocks. Met with both managers and employees in two groups, nurse managers and lastly Human resources (HR). Each block I had questions that varied from benign to difficult opinion based. The all day part was very well organized and followed an itinerary.

Interview Questions

• How well is your knowledge of process management.   1 Answer

I could tell from the beginning the managers where having a power struggle or did not have a clear direction for the department. The immediate manager probably would not have been the most satisfactory to be employed by. Might have used or using a Human resources model of management (not to be confused with HR dept.) that would harbor a sense of future resentment among the employees. Considering the location and scope of the facility the initial offer should have been higher.