Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center

2.7

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, NH

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.

It took several months to get a call for an interview. The interview process was in two stages. Once, with HR, just a simple overview and tentative offer. The second was with the head of the department. I had to pass a background check.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked, "What do you prefer in a supervisor?".   View Answer
    No, they followed a strict guideline that involved former payscale and experience.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, NH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.

The interviewers were pleasant and easy to speak with; it was more conversation which is the kind of interview I prefer. At the end I asked about next steps and was anticipating a second interview to be scheduled the following week, but they ended up hiring internally without doing the second round. Despite this, I rather enjoyed the experience.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions were posed. I was asked to describe a project that did not come out quite as I had hoped and what I would have done differently.   Answer Question

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, NH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.

The interview was very low key. They asked me "Why DHMC?" "Why the Research Coordinator position?" and then asked me a lot about my interests and goals. Much of the time involved me asking them questions, which was very important.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was "how long do you see yourself working here?" I thought this job was typically about a 2 year position. They want someone for longer, and made that clear to me in the interview.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, NH

Standard interview process and questions

No negotiation.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, NH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in September 2013.

Called for an interview, which lasted an hour. Two weeks later requested an in person interview, which lasted all day. This was broken up into one hour blocks. Met with both managers and employees in two groups, nurse managers and lastly Human resources (HR). Each block I had questions that varied from benign to difficult opinion based. The all day part was very well organized and followed an itinerary.

Interview Questions
    • How well is your knowledge of process management.   View Answer

I could tell from the beginning the managers where having a power struggle or did not have a clear direction for the department. The immediate manager probably would not have been the most satisfactory to be employed by. Might have used or using a Human resources model of management (not to be confused with HR dept.) that would harbor a sense of future resentment among the employees.
    Considering the location and scope of the facility the initial offer should have been higher.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, NH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.

HR is going through transition right now so it is not the same as 7yrs ago. Submit an nonlinear application with resume and cover letter. Then I got a phone interview with a nurse recruiter. He then told me which units were hiring and I told him my interests. He set up interviews with the managers and had the interviews. Now it took them awhile to contact me before the phone interview so communication is not the greatest.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work on the hardest floor in the hospital?   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, NH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in February 2012.

Initial communications were by phone and I first had a phone interview with my direct manager and the director of the department. After making it through that interview I was brought in for an in-person interview with both of them and my 5 teammates. I was then brought back in for 1 more interview with my direct manager and 5 teammates. I heard back roughly 3 weeks after my last interview with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • 1st question of the phone interview was what are my salary requirements.   Answer Question
    Yes, I was able to gain roughly 10% during the negotiation phase.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, NH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in August 2010.

It was cordial. Hiring manager was open and friendly. Made me feel welcomed!

EKG Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, NH

The process took a dayinterviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in April 2010.

The interview consisted of shadowing a current employee and speaking with the non invasion Cairo lab manager.

Nursing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, NH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in February 2010.

I had one on one interview and a panel interview.
    It was a warm and welcoming group. They asked me about my interest in this role and what do I bring to the organization. I was asked to highlight my skills and what do I struggle with.

Interview Questions
    It was good, I was given a competitive package