Dartmouth Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dartmouth in February 2015.

Interview

First, by email, then by phone. In person interview with the team and hiring manager. Final interview with the Director of the center. Then they talked to my references from past jobs. They then asked to talk to my current employer.

Position Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dartmouth.

Interview

It was a very lengthy interview process... multiple interviews/chats, a panel phone screen, long visit with a nice tour. Everyone was friendly though! I wouldn't recommend going out of your way unless you LOVE Dartmouth... as these people clearly do, which is a great thing. Location isn't especially great if you are not accustomed to NH life.

Senior Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Dartmouth.

Interview

One of the most streamlined interview processes I've had. Worked with one contact in the hiring department. Had a phone screening for the position with her. One week later had a phone interview with the hiring manager. About two weeks after that I was contacted to make arrangements to travel to campus for an on-campus interview. I appreciated that they gave me two weeks notice to inform my current employer. They made my travel arrangements and were very helpful. I had four different sessions and I thought the first three went well, but I could tell the division VP didn't like me in the last session (he was very, very obvious about that). A week after my return, I received a detailed letter explaining why they hadn't chosen me, which I expected after the last session. I appreciated the detail in the response, so many people just blow you off when you are not selected. My reimbursal for travel expenses was also very quick. Overall, a pretty pleasant interview experience even if the only thing that came out of it was a chance to spend some time in that part of the country - it's so beautiful there.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH) in August 2014.

Interview

There was no real formal interview process for this. No formal questions although background on classes taken and knowledge of state was required for the overall hiring process through the Economics department.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions involved.   1 Answer

Undergraduate Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH) in April 2014.

Interview

Submitted online application and had an interview a week later. Interview was mainly gauging how passionate you were about the job, if you were competent, and if you understand what the job description really meant (beyond the words)

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you encountered alcohol in a residence hall?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH).

Interview

Phone screen followed by an afternoon of interviews including 2 group interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH).

Interview

I directly apply it online and mail the application to them. I don't have interview for this school

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dartmouth.

Interview

I had been asked about details about my research experience such as how I did a specific experiment

Negotiation

no negotiation phase

Application

I interviewed at Dartmouth in May 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was fairly simple, heard about company through a colleague who had worked there. I was able to work there several summers during college, and really enjoyed the experience. I was lucky enough to quite well in this position, and the commission generated from it was fair enough to make it worth my while.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest decision you have had to make in your life?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dartmouth.

Interview

Short Interview with the concerned professor. Asked about knowledge and experience with the subject matter.

Interview Questions

• Did not remember a few specific things about certain parts of the subject so could not really answer them   Answer Question