Dartmouth Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dartmouth in February 2015.

Interview

First, by email, then by phone. In person interview with the team and hiring manager. Final interview with the Director of the center. Then they talked to my references from past jobs. They then asked to talk to my current employer.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH) in August 2014.

Interview

There was no real formal interview process for this. No formal questions although background on classes taken and knowledge of state was required for the overall hiring process through the Economics department.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions involved.   1 Answer

Undergraduate Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH) in April 2014.

Interview

Submitted online application and had an interview a week later. Interview was mainly gauging how passionate you were about the job, if you were competent, and if you understand what the job description really meant (beyond the words)

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you encountered alcohol in a residence hall?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH).

Interview

Phone screen followed by an afternoon of interviews including 2 group interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH).

Interview

I directly apply it online and mail the application to them. I don't have interview for this school

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dartmouth.

Interview

I had been asked about details about my research experience such as how I did a specific experiment

Negotiation

no negotiation phase

Application

I interviewed at Dartmouth in May 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was fairly simple, heard about company through a colleague who had worked there. I was able to work there several summers during college, and really enjoyed the experience. I was lucky enough to quite well in this position, and the commission generated from it was fair enough to make it worth my while.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest decision you have had to make in your life?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dartmouth.

Interview

Short Interview with the concerned professor. Asked about knowledge and experience with the subject matter.

Interview Questions

• Did not remember a few specific things about certain parts of the subject so could not really answer them   Answer Question

Drill Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH) in August 2012.

Interview

There were three days of training, during which you learned the basics on the Rassias method. Then, on the third day, you had to pretend that your fellow competitors were your Spanish class, and you had to teach them according to this method. After about a ten-minute "pretend" Spanish class, you sat down and acted like a student for your fellow competitors. The whole process took no longer than one hour, and the professors typically took the full weekend to decide who they wanted to teach for them.

LMS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dartmouth (Hanover, NH) in January 2012.

Interview

I originally applied online on October 5th. I received an email to schedule a phone interview in mid November. The phone interview was with a committee of 8 people. Four weeks after the phone interview I was emailed to schedule an in person interview/campus visit which took place in early January. The in person interviews began at 8:30am and went through dinner. They consisted of several panel interviews, a 1 on 1 with the hiring manager, and a 30 minute presentation followed by a 30 minute Q&A. Lunch and dinner were also with the search committee and the prospective department members. The week after my interviews they began a very comprehensive reference check, and required to speak with current and previous supervisor. I declined the current and was informed that my offer would be contingent on that conversation. The final step was a conversation with HR where they asked my current and desired salary, and confirmed details for my background check. I got an offer 16 days after my campus visit.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up on current trends in your field (in the industry)?   Answer Question

a combination of factors but mainly that I received a promotion in my current job and was offered the ability to work remotely, flexibility that would not have been possible at Dartmouth.